Old Hot Potato --> New Whiskey Bar

Noticed some activity in the Hot Potato last night. Anyone have info on whether the whiskey bar concept is actually happening?

jeffro's picture

I love whisky.

I like my whiskey made with (at least some) rye and spelled with an 'e'

Susquehanna's picture

i saw this as well. the up front lounge is gone. looks to be a counter area or something.

puzzles's picture

Susquehanna wrote:

Good to see some activity... I'd assume this means the project is moving ahead?

hhkal's picture

According to Michael Klein's openings map, it's going to be called Lloyd.

should be a fun 6-8 months wonder what it will be next

kwhln215's picture

I didn't know you drank Jeff ? Learn something new everyday LOL

c0llins's picture

If it becomes a whiskey bar, I hope they serve pickle-backs!

ronchito's picture

Lloyd's is what I would've called my bar if I ever opened one, but I never will so I hope they do well with it.

newtofishtown's picture

A shot of Corbys and a glass of ortliebs.

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."

c0llins wrote:
If it becomes a whiskey bar, I hope they serve pickle-backs!

I highly doubt that is going to happen, but if it does, they better use Zayda's Hot Pickles.

When did drinking pickle juice become a trend? I thought people were kidding when I first heard about it.
Is this like an ancient tradition that's been brought back, or something new thats just been invented?
I remember Andy Reid making the Eagles drink pickle juice, but this is a whole different level.
What else that I used to throw away should I be saving?

What else that I used to throw away should I be saving?

Believe it or not, that's how Russians traditionally chase vodka.

A. Jordan Rushie
Attorney and Counselor at Law
2424 East York Street, Suite 316
Philadelphia, PA 19125 215.385.LAW1 (5291)
Blog: www.phillylawblog.com
Website: www.fishtownlaw.com

Laurie's picture

Wonder if they're naming it after Lloyd the bartender in The Shining.

CrustyZombie's picture

picklebacks are for amateurs that don't enjoy the taste of whiskey.

same with lime and salt for tequila

also, stop taking shots.

c0llins's picture

Whatever. I like it, and I like paying for it. More picklebacks please!

Jameson with ginger makes my ulcur feel better.

And sorry, picklebacks are awesome.

Now as for burbons, I will occasionally do the Wild Turkey neat as a shooter; and for a lot of people that is the equiv. of syrup of ipicac. My cousin Jamie can kick those down without even making "the face", but half her body weight is her liver.

newtofishtown's picture

Is a whiskey bar something a vodka bar?

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."

new kenzo's picture

pickleback... isn't that a lame band?

"vinegar of lil richard ninja" , yo

new kenzo wrote:
pickleback... isn't that a lame band?

This is how you remind me of what a drunk I am.

stien's picture

A shot of vodka with a pickle juice chaser. Ahhhhhhhhhhh

dogrocket's picture

I am an alcoholic

Our dog died from licking our wedding picture.

hhkal's picture

I just remembered this spot from that "14 reasons to live in Fishtown" thread. Is this still happening?

puzzles's picture

Believe so. Two weeks ago they had 3 orange liquor license signs in their windows. I'd imagine they're pretty close. Can't wait.

hhkal's picture
Susquehanna's picture

good things happening in the hood in Oct. BBQ, pizza, and whiskey

puzzles's picture

NICE!

Susquehanna wrote:
good things happening in the hood in Oct. BBQ, pizza, and whiskey

Pizza Brain opening is actually next Friday. Never thought I'd be typing that.

bostongirl's picture

Susquehanna wrote:
good things happening in the hood in Oct. BBQ, pizza, and whiskey

What's the BBQ??

October is perfect whiskey sippin' weather.

Newcomer wrote:
October is perfect whiskey sippin' weather.

True, but I'll be guzzling vodka nude on a Segway.

Coder's picture

bostongirl wrote:
Susquehanna wrote:
good things happening in the hood in Oct. BBQ, pizza, and whiskey

What's the BBQ??

"No no! You don't ask me questions! You are a rabbit! I am a human!"

george wrote:
Newcomer wrote:
October is perfect whiskey sippin' weather.

True, but I'll be guzzling vodka nude on a Segway.

Ok but you promised to bring a change of clothes for Date Night at Angler.

Newcomer wrote:
Ok but you promised to bring a change of clothes for Date Night at Angler.

I think I said change of "cloth."

Horde's picture

Never been much of a whiskey guy but gimme some johnny green label and the segway may be riding me naked.

Since this is another 'drinky' thread here (one of many, thankfully) just a heads up that the new Wegman's beer/wine store next to their supermarket in Cherry Hill has a pretty darn good selection and prices. Just returned home with a 4-pack of Monk's Flemish Sour (ATTENTION: NEWCOMER) for 10 bucks. Not bad.

(and, yeah, yeah...I know the bridge toll negates that...just saying if you need to be over there anyway)

Catphilly's picture

Susquehanna wrote:
good things happening in the hood in Oct. BBQ, pizza, and whiskey

And Keys to the Attic :)

spui's picture

Horde wrote:

Just an FYI Johnny green has been discontinued so hord as many bottles as you can.

Catphilly wrote:
Susquehanna wrote:
good things happening in the hood in Oct. BBQ, pizza, and whiskey

And Keys to the Attic :)

But still no red sauce restaurant :(

Horde's picture

, do you know if the gold is still available

george wrote:

Can't even think about that. [Was at Eulogy last night.]

ronchito's picture

Noticed the sign for Lloyd was up last night.

I've started to hear through the grapevine (Twitter) about people being hired there now, so I guess it's really a thing.

roma258's picture

I like whiskey.

Coder's picture

What I've read seems like not so much a whiskey bar anymore...a bar with an extensive whiskey list, yes.
I don't know what the dif is.

"No no! You don't ask me questions! You are a rabbit! I am a human!"

Coder wrote:
I don't know what the dif is.

I think they're hoping the dif is several hundred dollars per night.