planet fitness break in

Earlier tonight my car was broken into at Planet Fitness and my purse was stolen out of the back seat. (I know it was stupid to leave it in the car). They have video of the guy breaking into my car and another vehicle and then heading toward the back of the parking lot. Kind of a desperate plea, but I had some things in the purse I would love to get back....I had my planner with ultrasound pictures of our first baby. I had my blood sugar tester and a bag from the pharmacy that had insulin and test strips in it....and my good luck travel baby- I wont get on a plane without him. The worker/police officer thought maybe he had thrown some bags or stuff in the area in the back of the gym. We drove around the area but didnt see anything. It is a big brown bag with weird mirrored/buttons down the side. A longish black and white checkered American Rag jacket was also stolen. If anyone lives in the area and sees a purse with any of this stuff in it...or someone shady sporting a new jacket, I would love to know!! Most of the stuff in the purse would be meaningless to anyone but me...... thanks

Lisa

Lisa, I just came from PFit a half hour ago and was there for the last hour. I saw a jacket over by where the weights are up on the windowsill while was over there.

Did this happen around 8-ish? I crossed through the parking lot on the way in/out but I didn't see anything unusual.

ThatGirlWithTheFunkyGlasses's picture

That sucks that your car got broken into. I hope you find your stuff.

Ugh.

fitzstrasko's picture

It happened around 630-7... I think we left sometime around 8..i'll stop by the gym today to see if it could be my jacket...thanks!

newtofishtown's picture

What does a shady person look like?

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."

This is somewhat tangental - but I wish that Planet Fitness would make good on its promise to amply illuminate that lot.

It would go a long way to deterring criminality.

Leo wrote:

It would go a long way to deterring criminality.

There are a bunch of things I wish planet fitness would make good on.

1) Not removing the streets trees -- ok, so thats out of the question, how about replanting the ones you removed?
2) Garbage cans throughout the property
3) Managing traffic flow and parking - Moyer Street is NOT a through street, and the insane driving habits I see around the property are VERY dangerous to pedestrians and drivers alike

Maybe I will write a nice letter and put it up on change.org for some signatures

Leo wrote:

It would go a long way to deterring criminality.

There are a bunch of things I wish planet fitness would make good on.

2) Garbage cans throughout the property

I'd also like the asian food distributor to be responsible for the rear of their property. Always garbage everywhere out back - can't walk on the sidewalk there on Boston because of it. Which then subjects the pedestrian to car that feel the need to speed to 40MPH on that small strip of Boston. :|

Did they put anything in writing when they "promised" to do these things? It might be time to stop speaking softly, and instead to use the proverbial big stick.

Leo wrote:
Leo wrote:

It would go a long way to deterring criminality.

There are a bunch of things I wish planet fitness would make good on.

2) Garbage cans throughout the property

Good question. I'd have to ask the zoning committee to check.

Leo wrote:

It would go a long way to deterring criminality.

There are a bunch of things I wish planet fitness would make good on.

2) Garbage cans throughout the property

How is it even possible to get to Moyer Street? Yhey have the exit onto Hagert blocked which makes leaving a giant PITA by forcing me back out onto York and that wretched traffic light.

Its hard to describe, but cars pinch through a small space at the edge of the building and the parking lot and head down moyer toward the light. Some attempt to merge into the light (across a sidewalk) and some loop around to the York Street side and cross the sidewalk there. Walking to CVS is so, so dangerous now.

Driving to CVS is no picnic either. You ever try to pull out of there onto Aramingo? Those hedges make it impossible to see if any car is coming around that corner (which they are, at 45mph minimum).

fishtonian's picture

Our car was broken into last night, not far from Planet Fitness on York and Sepviva. Neighbor said there have been a couple other similar break-ins in the area. Everybody keep their eyes peeled and their valuables out of their cars.

What? you mean drivers are driving like jerks and endangering pedestrians and other drivers? I thought it was only cyclists who did that?

dogrocket's picture

I wish they would close and open up a bowling alley at this location. Exercise that is also fun.

Our dog died from licking our wedding picture.

dogrocket wrote:

Not sure if this is a serious comment, but I am not sure I can think of another business that was wanted/needed AND has brought together many different members of the community in one place for a purpose that is largely positive.

I certainly have my gripes, but its usually like a little UN in there.

Which makes me wonder - perhaps I should start charging $10 for the 'Planet Fitness Outdoors Club' in which we meet once a week to exercise by picking up trash.

I'll hold a $10 spelling bee outside Planet Fitness. The winning word will be S-U-R-V-E-I-L-L-A-N-C-E.

In all seriousness, the lighting in the parking lot is way too dark.

I am also not happy about the Applebees shutting off its parking lot lights when they close for business. It makes it creepy when I walk to Wawa.

O'Briens Auto shop does have its whole perimeter surrounded by cameras on all sides of its property.

The commercial areas on either side of Aramingo between Cumberland and York St are a very high intensity area for property theft crimes. Would love to see an improvement in this zone to help cut down the high amount of theft here.

PF is totally a 'no one goes there, its too crowded' kind of situation. there was clearly a need for a low-priced gym and they nailed it. I dont know if its their weird rules that are responsible for it being such a low drama situation for being that dense with people but i appreciate it.

KingDingAling's picture

Some tool on an exercise bike inside of Planet Fitness hit me with a flailing arm. You really can't escape cyclists.

When the king speaks, fishtown.us would be wise to listen.

KingDingAling wrote:

They even have cyclists on the International Space Station... so you can't even leave Earth to avoid them.

KingDingAling's picture

KingDingAling wrote:

If Newt Gingrich gets his way I could maybe go to the moon to get away from them.

When the king speaks, fishtown.us would be wise to listen.

i cant wait for the 51st state.

i cant wait for the 51st state.

I considered switching parties just to vote for that in the PA primaries.