Knife-Wielding Man Attacks Wildey Street Household

"When the homeowner opened the door, the man forced his way inside, threatened family members, tried to cut a gas line in the kitchen and apparently cut himself with his knife."

ABP

dogrocket's picture

What is the world coming to?

Our dog died from licking our wedding picture.

This is why I don't open my door for unannounced visitors, especially at midnight.

stien's picture

It is getting so you do not feel safe in your own home.

As long as the threat of Urban Bigfoot exists, I'll never feel safe in my home.

stien wrote:
It is getting so you do not feel safe in your own home.

Now THIS is a fake profile that is funny.

Lauraska wrote:
stien wrote:
It is getting so you do not feel safe in your own home.

Now THIS is a fake profile that is funny.

Don't get too excited. It's floppysoles.

stien wrote:
It is getting so you do not feel safe in your own home.

Thank you for giving me the best laugh in a long time.

FREE Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl

Lauraska wrote:
stien wrote:
It is getting so you do not feel safe in your own home.

Now THIS is a fake profile that is funny.

Don't get too excited. It's floppysoles.

... and consequently, my last favorite fake profile so far, which is saying a lot.
Is The current Thad even the original Thad?

Love is a Mattlefield.

It's amazing how pesky one person with an AOL account and an endless supply of free web-based email addresses can be.

AOL? Eww.

I finally got my mom off of CompuServe. It only took 20 years. She's still skeptical of GMail.

And I'm still hearing how much she hates every e-mail client other than Lotus Notes.

FishtownYo's picture

I walked my baby past this spot yesterday about 3pm and some homeless junkie guy was walking towards us. It made me walk into the street with the stroller. Something about the guy freaked me out just enough, I normally don't avoid anyone like that. Maybe it was the same guy, I wish they had a pic of him posted.

What is so bad about religion is that it fosters a primitive form of morality that hinders progress in virtually any domain beneficial to our modern world.

There's another email client aside from Lotus Notes?

I had almost forgotten about CompuServe. I usually tell folks I got my first email address in 1983 in my freshman year in college, but I forget about the CompuServe account I had before that - probably because I had to share it with my dad who was paying the bill, and because it was so expensive that we almost never used it.

I remember using Q-Link back in the days before it was renamed AOL and it totally went to crap.

This site doesn't work very well in my Netscape 6.0 browser. Can we fix that?

Geeks.

miglarsh's picture

Get a dog that will not hesitate to eat the face of intruders! Oh, wait, you would be at fault if that happened. Although, I'd rather be alive and at fault than dead and deader.

miglarsh wrote:

by "eat the face off intruders", do you mean assaulting them with kisses and his terrible breath? :)

meredith wrote:
miglarsh wrote:

Or use you as a pillow

Lauraska wrote:
stien wrote:
It is getting so you do not feel safe in your own home.

Now THIS is a fake profile that is funny.

really? this is your idea of what would make a funny parody of me? i may have misjudged you.

miglarsh's picture

If you intrude he will eat your face..nose and all. I promise!

this story is crazy.. but I am with Miglarsh. Dogs, particularly large ones generally encourage crazies and other undesirables to choose another house, or eat them on entry. If this guy had come into my house I am not sure there would be much of him to mop up by the time the cops got there.

This site doesn't work very well in my Netscape 6.0 browser. Can we fix that?

Real men use Lynx to browse the web.

miglarsh wrote:

Your dog loves me almost as much as bozoloper's dog... my face buried in slobber.

I got a dog that weighs 7lbs and will bark at any hint of movement outside the house.

miglarsh wrote:

Your dog loves me almost as much as bozoloper's dog.

<-----have you met this fool?

Mocha is great, but I'm not sure any dog could compete with Pepper.

Your dog and my dog wouldn't get along at all. Max is mean to other dogs especially when they're in my house.

Mocha is great, but I'm not sure any dog could compete with Pepper.

Pepper is awesome

Agreed, Pepper is awesome - no denying it.

I'm glad the folks in the Wildey St. house are OK.

lighterthief wrote:

i'm glad that pepper has finally graduated to having free reign of the house all day, because it's a lot better for our security.

Pepper used to be cool. Before everybody jumped on the bandwagon.

and i concur, my dog is the best dog ever!

sweet dee and mocha are also great, but, you know... not as great as pepper. :)

Pepper used to be cool. Before everybody jumped on the bandwagon.

she used to love uncle travis, but when i tell her what you said, she will be sure to change her mind.

miglarsh's picture

That's it!! we need to have a dog off!

meredith wrote:
and i concur, my dog is the best dog ever!

sweet dee and mocha are also great, but, you know... not as great as pepper. :)

You should bring her over on Friday night for a play date.

meredith wrote:
and i concur, my dog is the best dog ever!

sweet dee and mocha are also great, but, you know... not as great as pepper. :)

You should bring her over on Friday night for a play date.

sure, we're not busy that night.

miglarsh wrote:
That's it!! we need to have a dog off!

oscar hates pepper. when we passed by your house that day, he wanted to break through the fence and eat her.

miglarsh's picture

I mean a photo dog off!!

i'm not sure you know what you're getting yourself into.

miglarsh's picture

Voters?

miglarsh's picture

miglarsh wrote:
I mean a photo dog off!!

i dont worry much about burglars

you're all doomed!

KingDingAling's picture

/Users/sgaittens/Desktop/super dog.jpg

His other name is Bark Kent...

When the king speaks, fishtown.us would be wise to listen.

KingDingAling wrote:
/Users/sgaittens/Desktop/super dog.jpg

His other name is Bark Kent...

try again!

KingDingAling's picture

I quit. Superdog isn't that important.

When the king speaks, fishtown.us would be wise to listen.

I can't embed images at work.

here you go, austen:

ronchito's picture

here's the gruesome twosome:

i have to admit, that photo of dee as a puppy is pretty ridiculous.

camera215's picture

oh, I really want to include a photo of my pup, but how the heck do I do it? I can't figure out the embedding image option.

Meh. My dog Weston (almost 17 now) is reigning King of 19125. He wins for longevity alone.

Susquehanna's picture

wow. i seriously thought with 56+ posts this thread was gonna be the typical circling the toilet, pessimistic banter. geeks and dogs—this is pretty surprising.

camera, your dog is adorable!

This site doesn't work very well in my Netscape 6.0 browser. Can we fix that?

Real men use Lynx to browse the web.

If I had to look at those colors all day I would cry myself to sleep every night.

Most likely to bite you:

Most likely to annoy you while you're trying to sleep at night:

Most likely to slobber and snuggle you to death:

Leo wrote:
Most likely to bite you: etc....

I *cant* believe you have three dogs in that house.

camera215's picture

thanks. :D he's my pride and joy. And we've recently added a beagle to the household.

Leo wrote:
Most likely to bite you: etc....

I *cant* believe you have three dogs in that house.

Many families have three children a house the size of mine. Dogs are easy by comparison!

sara's picture

All of these dogs are so ridiculously cute.

miglarsh's picture

Anyone else thinking about a dogs of fishtown calendar?

Pee Wee Martini gets the cover though.

ronchito's picture

My friend took this last year. For some reason I think it looks like it's a portrait hanging in a British gallery or something.

here's the gruesome twosome:

These guys get bus stop Star all riled up. They are fearsome.

miglarsh's picture

Leo wrote:
Pee Wee Martini gets the cover though.

Of course! He's the local celebrity!

miglarsh wrote:
Anyone else thinking about a dogs of fishtown calendar?

It would be a great fundraiser!

Not that I have any room to talk, but:

I have a feeling this home invader was on PCP. That seems the most reasonable explanation for his bizarro actions. Bath salts also a possibility.

Is PCP readily available around these parts? I thought we were more of an oxy/heroin/ditch weed venue…

Leo wrote:
here's the gruesome twosome:

These guys get bus stop Star all riled up. They are fearsome.

Its too bad she isn't into what they are selling (Star is a she, right?)

but they really are troublemaking extraordinaires when out on walks. we legitimately need to spend some time and effort to break clarence of some bad habits he has developed over the last year or so. unfortunately some of them are too funny, such as the fact that he hates cats so much that he has ran headfirst (or at least attempted to) into this ground-level basement window that has a ceramic cat statue sitting in it a couple times. he is pretty much into any dog when he's off the leash, but when he's on one he frequently doesn't take kindly to big dogs, which is a problem. he's small enough that we can just pick him up and remove him from the situation but that shouldnt be the long-term answer.

I think you should be forced to post with this for a week:

ThatGirlWithTheFunkyGlasses's picture

This site doesn't work very well in my Netscape 6.0 browser. Can we fix that?

Real men use Lynx to browse the web.

You should be friends with my husband.

Ugh.

I think you should be forced to post with this for a week:

You're using the hipster internet. Don't be surprised if you see a book on Lynx at Urban soon.

Leo wrote:

i was walking to work down huntingdon and this woman accosted us outside griffin's. after asking if we lived in the area she asked, "where's the wet at? i know someone on this block sells it." she was from west philly. i was confused.

Leo wrote:

So did you share a little of yours?

Leo wrote:

So did you share a little of yours?

i try to keep my wet smoking to after work hours.

There was a chick in DD at 5:45 this morning, pacing like a caged lion, until she came outside wondering, "Where's the party at?"
I think it may have passed her by.

I think it may have passed her by.

Yea, sounds like the party's been over for quite a while.

Landj's picture

The party lives on in her head!

I literally saw someone trying their hardest to pick up their white bag Friday morning at 9:30 in the pouring down rain. I think he's confusing what "wet" means.