Dogs of Fishtown Calendar

Alright, folks. So how are we gonna do this? We have many people in this neighborhood far more creative than I - whether photographers or printers.

We sort of derailed the Wildey Street thread. So lets keep posts on topic here. Post pics of FT.us dogs in this thread. Maybe a FT.US dogs & owners calendar fundraiser? We could sell it at the River City Festival for 2013?

My entries:

Fritz.

Otto.

Heidi.

That's a great idea, Leo. How about the proceeds go to ACCT or any other organization that protects animals.

FREE Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl

Why couldn't you sell it in 2012?

In 2012, for the year of 2013.

pepper would love to be a part of this. and that would be awesome if the proceeds could go to ACCT! they need all the money they can get.

sandi

Crap, what about those of us wierdos who have Rhino Iguanas and Brazilian Black Tarantulas instead of dogs?

"If a child is to keep alive his inborn sense of wonder, he needs the companionship of at least one adult who can share it, rediscovering with him the joy, the excitement, and the mystery of the world we live in." --Rachel Carlson

sandi wrote:

You get voted off the island.

if you can find enough weirdos to make a calendar, go for it!

rinobio's picture

I love it how do I post pics?

speedo's picture

How to post

My baby, Ginger.

FREE Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl

Retrend's picture

Hey, great idea. when is the river city festival?

Retrend
Repurposing the neighborhood!

www.retrendphilly.com

Joe
Phone: 267-918-6375
Email:

Follow RETREND on twitter for pictures and updates!!
@retrendphilly

smallspark's picture

This is awesome!
One thing to keep in mind though is the photos posted here won't have a high enough resolution to be printed, and are too small to boot - everything will be super blurry/ pixelated.
Maybe start a flicker group and ask people who want to participate to upload the highest resolution photos they have? Your designer or the printer can take it from there.
I might be able to help for that depending on what you need.
Btw- Im very fond of dogs, but no dog here tho- just kitties!

Does anybody know about chipping, like where to get it done and how much it costs? We were going to get our dog chipped when he got neutered, but it never happened. If we lost him, I think I'd have either diarrhea or a stroke. He wears a collar 24/7 and isn't the run-away type, but still.
Thanks in advance.

Love is a Mattlefield.

rinobio's picture

sure you can get him chipped at PAWS http://www.phillypaws.org/
Those are the three least expensive places I know of - you have to register the chip ( don't pay for the re-upthe next year they keep your info unless you need to change it

jan816's picture

This is such an excellent idea. Perhaps the Spirit can get involved and all proceeds go to any organization that saves the lives of our furry friends. I would buy one of these in a heartbeat.

I got our Ginger chipped at the pet clinic that comes to Coral Street Arts. It was very cheap around $35 a couple years ago; it does make you feel better knowing that if anything happened, you have a chance to get the back.

FREE Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl

qbert4578's picture

And then a "Cats of Fishtown" calendar.
(Not strays...)

Retrend wrote:
Hey, great idea. when is the river city festival?

It will be on Saturday, October 6th, 2012.

qbert4578 wrote:
And then a "Cats of Fishtown" calendar.
(Not strays...)

Do you have cats? I didn't know that.

qbert4578's picture

qbert4578 wrote:
And then a "Cats of Fishtown" calendar.
(Not strays...)

Do you have cats? I didn't know that.

It's not something I talk about very often. Not many people know.

I have ants.
No takers on an ant calendar?
Racists.

I have ants.
No takers on an ant calendar?
Racists.

i killed off our kitchen mice. it's a shame, we could have had a "pests of fishtown" calendar.

I have ants.
No takers on an ant calendar?
Racists.

My entry for the month of June:

I have ants.
No takers on an ant calendar?
Racists.

Yes, I am a speciesist. Whaddyagonnado?

camera215's picture

brooke's picture

Camera, love that mug! Awesome idea and I'd love it to go to ACCT or PAWS.

Former attorney and current CITYSPACE real estate agent extraordinaire

camera215's picture

thanks, Brooke! He's quite aware that he's awesome.
Will Bam Bam qualify for the calendar? He lives in East Kensington, not Fishtown, although he's often found crapping in the latter (which I, being a responsible dog owner, always pick up).

sarsario's picture

i think this is a great idea, i'd also love for it to go to acct.

sarsario, that photo is ridiculously cute.

sandi

I have ants.
No takers on an ant calendar?
Racists.

There's plenty of room on exile island with me!

gauler's picture

I've got two.

(just one I took while walking my dog.
and

(Seamus. Although he looks sad and bored with me.)

____________
Interrupted

Seamus is my doggies name too. He is awesome as well :)

ThatGirlWithTheFunkyGlasses's picture

My great dane Daisy.

Ugh.

If there was a dog contest of aerial maneuvers, or specifically goal-tending, I'd have to bet on my dog.

Love is a Mattlefield.

Matt Benatar wrote:

pepper misses ernie.

sandi

Here you go dog lovers!

DaniM's picture

Anyone ever gone to the dog park and seen a dog bouncing over around and under other dogs then digging a one foot hole in under 5 seconds.... that was probably AnnBonnie. Does she count as a FT.us dog?

key2ursoul's picture

How do you post pictures on here? I have a perfect picture of Toby, the December dog :)

And I would love the proceeds to go to ACCT or, even better, the PSPCA!

key2ursoul wrote:

And I would love the proceeds to go to ACCT or, even better, the PSPCA!

ACCT is actually the shelter that's more in need, but either choice is good!

How can we make this happen? I know we have several very accomplished photographers on this site, but I don't want to make anyone work for free.

Has anyone here put together something like this before?

nirvana's picture