Sonic on Aramingo

Does anyone know what happened to the Sonic next to Lowe's? Is it closed for good or temporarily closed. The service was always been bad and extremely slow.

Didn't even know it was closed.

It's closed for good. Relative to other Sonics this one was pretty bad. They weren't getting enough business and apparently didn't think to just weather the storm until Walmart opened.

"I'd trade it all for a little more."

Michael's picture

wow, i can't believe it's closed for good. the really awful service had to factor in to the bad business. It always seemed like they were completely under staffed. They were always really slow and messed up my order all the time.

I'd like to see it replaced with a Whataburger

Michael wrote:

I never had any service problems with the actual drive thru, but my super sonic burgers always came out too salty, had to stop going.

"I'd trade it all for a little more."

I'd like to see it replaced with a Whataburger

Good fries.

Maybe if they would have been visible from the street it would have been better. I didn't even know it was there until a few months ago.

Mmm - tots. Their tots are laced with crack, I swear.

Yup, that was also a problem. Also when you pass by CFA first it's hard to pass it up.

"I'd trade it all for a little more."

has anyone ever gotten a sausage sandwich at the place in front of the home depot?

gotta get up and be somebody.

gmo...I think my dad used to go to the Home Depot just for the sammich. They have one in front of the place on Delaware Avenue too, and it gets raves.

Sonic drinks always sounded like they would be great summer mixers.

The smell coming out of that place is amazing. I always feel nauseated while salivating at the same time.

once we tried to go there, parked, looked at the menu... and realized we didnt really want anything they had to offer except the drinks.

i've been trying not to eat there. i'm afraid i'd start going every time i needed something at home depot.

when we first moved here i was really excited about arby's. i had this idealized vision of the roast beef sandwich i loved as a child. we only went once. i spent a lot of that night in the bathroom.

gotta get up and be somebody.

Not only do they make an excellent version, but they really do customer service right.
I'd hire any of the guys who work there in a minute.

This signature is not passive aggressive. Ignore it if it doesn't apply to you.

Yup, yesterday. Rocco's is great.

"I'd trade it all for a little more."

Rocco's smells so good but like bozoloper Im afraid of the potential habit.

arby's has pretty decent deli-style sandwiches these days, though i agree that memories of their roast beef sandwiches are best left in the past. I wouldn't recommend going to the one in fishtown because you ahve better options but on the side of a higway its not a bad choice.

I wonder if something is going on with the chain. The Sonic up by the Aldi on Street Road has been closed ofr "remodel" for months and there used to be one in Bensalem that closed down as well. Their food was great but man they took FOREVER!

Rocco's smells so good but like bozoloper Im afraid of the potential habit.

there used to be this place near my parents' called Rax. they had a very similar style roast beef sandwich. arby's used to be a close second, but i don't think rax is around anymore.

gotta get up and be somebody.

Cutter's picture

Oh no, where are all the ricers and street racer wannabes going to congregate now?

We used to have Roy Rogers, and they had great roast beef.
Arby's looks like plastic fashioned to appear like roast beef. Another thing my dad eats that I'm afraid of.

We used to have Roy Rogers, and they had great roast beef.

we used to have a roy rogers and a rax. boyertown/gilbertsville was a classy place back then. now all they have is zern's.

gotta get up and be somebody.

Rax was a midwestern chain. I have a fond memory of Rax because it was where we went to eat after going to the baseball card show in the crappy mall near my hometown where I finally acquired the rookie card of my favorite baseball player (Andy Van Slyke, CF, Pirates, though he was a cardinal in the rookie card). Thanks for being a part of that memory, Rax.

do you remember the little alligator sippy cups?

gotta get up and be somebody.

CC's Pizza. $3 all you can eat pizza (and a smoking section!). I took my wife there years later and couldn't even get through one slice.

i had never even heard of this place until i saw a commercial for it the other day. even what they advertised on TV looked terrifying. i can only imagine the quality of their actual food.

meredith wrote:
CC's Pizza.

i can only imagine the quality of their actual food.

No. You can't.

do you remember the little alligator sippy cups?

I didn't until you mentioned it, but now I do vaguely remember. i need to find an image to really job my memory...

oh yeah, now i remember

meredith wrote:
CC's Pizza.

i can only imagine the quality of their actual food.

No. You can't.

You mean CiCi with that all you can eat pizza buffet?

"I'd trade it all for a little more."

speedo's picture

They have crappy food just like arby's.

speedo's picture

CC's is a whole lot better than Domino's or Pappa John's not to mention Hungry Howie's.

do you remember the little alligator sippy cups?

oh yeah, now i remember

thank you for finding that. my tuesday is now complete.

gotta get up and be somebody.

Landj's picture

Their happy hour ruled!

Joe is going to be sad. I'll wait and break the news to him when he comes home.

The thought of Stein with a little sippy cup will keep me smiling for the rest of the day.

Landj's picture

There used to be an ayce pizza place called "top it" in maryland. It was actually really good.. Then cicis came along and stole it!

I'd like to see it replaced with a Whataburger

dont even joke with me...

I think they should turn it into a Wegman's...

...or an In 'n' Out

This is my passive aggressive signature. Yeah it's about you.

I tried to go there once but I couldn't figure it out. Apparently you can't just walk in and order stuff.

Way too complicated for me.

A. Jordan Rushie
Fishtown Neighbors Association - President
2424 East York Street, Suite 316
Philadelphia, PA 19125 215.385.LAW1 (5291)
Blog: www.phillylawblog.com
Website: www.fishtownlaw.com

Landj's picture

You can walk up to the window. They have tables. :)

In n out! Yes!!!!
Or Five Guys!!

JedicusMaximus's picture

Oddly, Eater.com just named Rocco's in "Nine Restaurants Across the U.S. in Weird, Unlikely Places"

10011101

stbenjamin's picture

JedicusMaximus wrote:

I'm in the group of people that has to forcibly stop myself from ordering every time I go buy a 2x4. It tastes as good as it smells.

stbenjamin wrote:

why stop yourself. they are one of the great incentives for home improvement

Kuishimbo's picture

I also love this place. I probably eat there about once a month. (It's on my way home from work.) I used to love the sausage at the South Philly Home Depot and they had amazing mustard too. I just have not been there for a while. My wife used to always laugh at me for coming home from Home Depot smelling of sausage. And then I got her a sandwich from there one day. I don't know how you walk by there and not get something to eat.

That's the beautiful part. When wintertime rolls around, the gorillas simply freeze to death.

rockoncherry's picture

I freaking love Whataburger. When I lived in TX we had one and Jack in the Box-yummmm!

Jack in the Box has the best hangover tacos in the world.