Open Carry Meet & Eat---Hosted by Viper

Saturday, March 10, 2012 - 5:30pm

Applebee's Open Carry get together at 320 MacDade Boulevard, Folsom, PA - Saturday, March 10th.

Anyone who wants to come and hang out with us is more than welcome to do so, and you don't HAVE to open carry - but most of us will be!

Obviously, attendance is free, and you just have to pay for your food and drinks.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Comments

GPI's picture

Hope to see everyone!

Why not do one around here? Also, Applebees sucks.

Jordan wrote:
Why not do one around here?

Because the city is vewy vewy scawy!

GPI's picture

Jordan wrote:
Why not do one around here?

For the record, I carry.

Why dont you come over to pafoa.org and sign up. Go to the events section and post one. Many people will come. We have had several in the city over the last few years. Due for one this spring.

GPI's picture

Lauraska wrote:
Jordan wrote:
Why not do one around here?

Because the city is vewy vewy scawy!

Not at all. Open carry here all the time without any issues.

An Applebees in an area of Delco that's rapidly going downhill?

LOL there's more flotsam living in Folsom now than people who are more representative of Viper.

I am beginning to think that Open Carrying is the functional equivalent of this:

How is that functional?

i'm still waiting for our armed escort for the neighborhood clean ups.

Leo wrote:

Yeah but the problem is, open carry is legal. It's like criticizing people who complain about having to say "Under God" in the pledge of allegiance.

You might not like the atheists who complain about it, you think think their gripe is silly, but it's a legitimate issue.

The fact of the matter is, you have a 2nd Amendment right to have a gun. The law permits open carry in Philadelphia. Even if the cops don't like that or were told differently. Philadelphia can't just make up their own laws and start citing people for doing something that is lawful.

And if they do that, they should be held accountable.

ronchito's picture

Jordan wrote:

And if they do that, they should be held accountable.

Ditto. The only thing I've learned from these threads it's that the concepts of supporting someone's federal and local rights (which I do) and thinking someone is a complete tool for being arrogant/disrespectful/paranoid/obsessive about them are not mutually exclusive.

How is that functional?

Functionally screaming for attention.

ronchito wrote:
Jordan wrote:

And if they do that, they should be held accountable.

Bingo.

Leo wrote:
ronchito wrote:
Jordan wrote:

And if they do that, they should be held accountable.

Bingo.

it reminds me of that big lebowski moment when walter keeps going, "am i wrong?" and finally the dude goes, "no walter, you're not wrong. you're just a nether hole."

GPI's picture

i'm still waiting for our armed escort for the neighborhood clean ups.

Why dont you come over to pafoa.org and sign up. Go to the events section and post one. Many people will come. We have had quite a few of them over the years. Look forward to you posting the event, I'll be on the list of attendees for sure!

GPI wrote:
i'm still waiting for our armed escort for the neighborhood clean ups.

I just tried. Looks like my IP address is still banned. :(

GPI's picture

GPI wrote:
i'm still waiting for our armed escort for the neighborhood clean ups.

I just tried. Looks like my IP address is still banned. :(

That is what the library, friends houses, or the work computer is for. You can easily circumvent their ban with a proxy filter.

GPI's picture

Jordan wrote:
Leo wrote:

And if they do that, they should be held accountable.

Refreshing to hear a voice of reason.

GPI's picture

Leo wrote:

Not at all. You choose to go about your life daily without open carrying a firearm, others prefer not to. Characterize it as you like, but you're way off base with this one. Nice try though.

GPI wrote:
Jordan wrote:
Leo wrote:

And if they do that, they should be held accountable.

Refreshing to hear a voice of reason.

Dressing like a silly prat is also a Constitutionally protected right.

I believe that government entities should be held accountable for violations of rights.

But you can be a total attention seeking prat irrespective. And while I agree with OCers legal position, I think their methods and their "woe is me" attitude are attention seeking and make gun owners look like whiny babies. I don't like it.

Leo wrote:

This.

I'm not an anti-gun dude by far and I own firearms. I also read the law (PAUFA) and I know how to behave as a responsible gun owner. I am also an NRA member.

(Oh wait I forgot, PAFOA prolific posters have deemed NRA to be pinko commies in bed with CeasefirePA and now tell everyone to support GOA instead. OK I'm down with that.)

But man... there are way more important issues in life that are on my plate that I care a lot more about than whether or not I can wear a holster on display to intimidate people when I go to buy scratch-off tickets at Wawa.

Seriously. How long to you have to claw at this on Fishtown.US hoping to garner new supporters of OC?

I will never believe it's not stupid to open carry in Pennsylvania cities of the first class. Ever. It's stupid to OC here. Sure in Carbon County, do whatever you want. Impress your friends at the truck stop and bowling alley. But if you want to go to 22nd and Diamond Street at 3AM and try that with po-po who are cross-hairs with armed drug dealers? Well good luck to you. You is cray-cray.

Let me reiterate - I AM a gun owner and i have a LTCF.

Applebees and he's not willing to spring for anything. That say's enough about the man to me. I'd never host an event that I didn't at least buy a round of drinks or appetizers.

KingDingAling's picture

So a bunch of people get together wearing Wayne Lapierre shirts, eating Applebees with their guns on their side? Sounds weird.

I am boycotting this because it's cussing Crapplebee's. You OCers may be all high stakes when it comes to your civil rights, but you really need to up the culinary ante.

Gato's picture

Maybe we could shoot the food?

Eat what you kill? (Can one "kill" boneless buffalo wings?)

I'm starting to think that Kenzo has a severe multiple personality disorder and that he has 20 screen names. A few of them are the nutty OC guys. Otherwise there is no plausible explanation for them to post on this site. Even the gun owners think they are nuts. I'm 100% convinced he is also King DingAling.

KingDingAling's picture

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa.. KingDingAling is not Kenzo! I'm 28, live at Frankford and Dauphin and could care less about zoning and all that that entails.

KingDingAling was (I think) around before Kenzo. It's hard to remember a time before Kenzo. He is our 9-11.

KingDingAling's picture

I'm like the air. I've always just been. I'm here, there, everywhere and nowhere all at once. The only thing I am not is the user Kenzo! I don't have time to be making fake profiles. I am me and me alone.

Well, I'm obviously wrong but the rest of what I said stands till I have evidence.

KingDingAling wrote:

In the "Apocalypse Now" house?

The Horror… the horror…

2014 york wrote:

It's really dan.

KingDingAling's picture

KingDingAling wrote:

In the "Apocalypse Now" house?

Ha. Nah.

KingDingAling's picture

KingDingAling wrote:

In the "Apocalypse Now" house?

KingDingAling wrote:

In the "Apocalypse Now" house?

That's at Frankford & Susquehanna.

austen wrote:
KingDingAling wrote:

In the "Apocalypse Now" house?

That's at Frankford & Susquehanna.

Oh well. It somehow seemed appropriate.

KingDingAling's picture

My house is the one at the end of the rainbow. It's the front door to heaven, or so I've been told.

KingDingAling wrote:

Is that also your pickup line?

GPI's picture

Only six more days!!

GPI wrote:
Only six more days!!

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of all the places in the world - Applebee's, really? I might as well stay at home and microwave a lean cuisine. It'll taste the same and cost $2.

Oh, a dutch date. In the middle of nowhere. With strangers. And their guns. At an Applebee's.
I can't make it, because I don't really want to. Maybe you should post something when there's an event in 19125, since that's the whole point of this board.

Leo wrote:

Relax. You've made your point that you do not like Applebees. I for one have no problem going there for lunch on Thursdays for buy one get one free beers.

Leo wrote:

That one doesn't work on me.

Fair enough. I can't remember I time I saw you truly agitated.

KingDingAling's picture

KingDingAling wrote:

Is that also your pickup line?

I wanted it to be. I've tried it to no avail. None.

Of course Viper likes the 2 for $20 at Applebee's. OF COURSE he does.

My favorite quote other than Leo's was this one by Viper:
"Someone who is frightened at the mere sight of a gun is someone who needs to learn a little bit more about them," he said. "I understand seeing a group of people with firearms might scare someone who knows little about the topic, but it's a great opportunity to ask questions."

Nobody said we were scared. It seems to me that the reason why people feel the need to OC 24-7 is more a product of fear than people who don't think it's necessary. You're so afraid of people that you can't even have the Philadelphia OCers meetups INSIDE the City of Philadelphia.

Lauraska wrote:
Of course Viper likes the 2 for $20 at Applebee's. OF COURSE he does.

My favorite quote other than Leo's was this one by Viper:

actually, i might go and ask questions. well, no i won't, but i would like to know how many members of the meet and eat have prevented/stopped a crime with their gun?

Dunno - if I saw a bunch of people wearing pleated Dockers with Glocks strapped to them at an Applebees, I'd think they were a little cuckoo for cocoa puffs.

Frankly - I'd think that regardless of where I saw them.

austen wrote:

Frankly - I'd think that regardless of where I saw them.

Yea, my first thought would be "Well, there's a group of people I have no desire to speak to."

I can't believe this crap made it in the DN today.

Did Rendell buy out Philly Media Network already?

I'm kinda curious, do all Applebees have bars in them? Whats the policy when your drunken customer demands another drink, while he's a strap? Oh, excuse me, while he's strapped?

I can't believe this crap made it in the DN today.

Did Rendell buy out Philly Media Network already?

the comments section is huge and growing. philly.com know what gets the average suburban white guy to post on their board all afternoon, black people killing each other, white people carrying guns and sports.

i've been wondering this for a while. the last one was the the fox and hound in kop. are there laws that apply to visibly intoxicated people carrying fire arms? if you can't drive a car legally after about two drinks can you still carry your gun?

Lauraska wrote:
Of course Viper likes the 2 for $20 at Applebee's. OF COURSE he does.

My favorite quote other than Leo's was this one by Viper:

That's what I've been saying forever.

You can Open-Carry on SEPTA. Have yet to see a PAFOA.org'er actually try it. You scared of how PPD will react, take the SEPTA PD for a spin and see how that goes.

Or if you're a PAUFA legal academic, go and OC on Penn's campus outside the law school. Have yet to see any PAFOA.org'ers do that, either.

Why no meet and greets in Philly? Why is it that the only time they're here in large numbers is during the Philadelphia Gun Show?

Quote:
"I understand seeing a group of people with firearms might scare someone..."

The only people who are going to be scared are the 0.001% of people who may be inclined to mug you.

The other 99.999% just think your an insecure dweeb.

[Why is it that the only time they're here in large numbers is during the Philadelphia Gun Show?

Dude, cause it's way scary down in the city.

Also, isn't it easier to sell/buy your guns at a show, as opposed to a dealer?

I'm internet famous! Though I think Kenzo's got me beat in terms of press coverage.

Lauraska wrote:
Of course Viper likes the 2 for $20 at Applebee's. OF COURSE he does.

My favorite quote other than Leo's was this one by Viper:

That's what I've been saying forever.

There's a ban on firearms on Penn and Drexel's campuses. I do not trust the Penn and Drexel police to know the law well enough.

…wait… I think I see a road to riches here. NO ONE ELSE STEAL MY IDEA! I CALLED IT!

It looks like Viper can't stay away from the long arm of the law.

He just picked up a speeding ticket he has to fight in Magistrate's:

Leo wrote:
Lauraska wrote:
Of course Viper likes the 2 for $20 at Applebee's. OF COURSE he does.

My favorite quote other than Leo's was this one by Viper:

That's what I've been saying forever.

Hey can you write that I'm mentally stable on my renewal form? I want in on this.

Is my affirmation on that form subject to the penalties of unsworn falsification to authorities? :D

ronchito's picture

If the link & site logo hadn't given it away, I'd have thought that philly.com article was from The Onion.

ronchito wrote:

Same here.

I know these guys crave recognition and respect but suspect they have no idea how unintentionally hilarious they come across. This whole thing reeks of Trekkie Convention at the Plymouth Meeting Ramada.

Geekfest 2012.

For my next career...I mean job (don't want anyone to think I don't love my family, after all!)...I'm going to be an interior decorator for Viper's next pad. This is the first install:

I want that.

GPI's picture

Lauraska wrote:

That would be incorrect dear. We have had 5 in the last two years within the city limits. You FAIL.

You should have one at the Popeyes on Lehigh Ave by American. How far are you really willing to "exercise your rights"?

GPI wrote:
Lauraska wrote:

All but 1 were in the far, far, far northeast.

Leo wrote:

I would ex-nay that one because there's still lilly white people there.

Have an Open-Carry picnic in a Brewerytown/Sharswood vacant lot. Plenty to choose from. If you need a white chaperone, my buddy Adam has lived there for 10 years and can show you guys around the neighborhood.

You can even play interesting group games like "Guess Which Gun." Stop talking for about an hour, listen carefully to the small arms fire in the distance, and guess the piece the shooter has on him.

Leo wrote:

I would ex-nay that one because there's still lilly white people there.

i like this idea. Try Strawberry Mansion or NiceTown, which are tied for most misleading neighborhood names in Philadelphia.

GPI's picture

GPI wrote:
Lauraska wrote:

All but 1 were in the far, far, far northeast.

That would also be incorrect. Keep trying though!

GPI's picture

GPI wrote:
Lauraska wrote:

All but 1 were in the far, far, far northeast.

Off the top of my head.....Geno's and Pat's Steaks, Famous Daves on Delaware Ave (2X), Fridays on City Line, Tony Lukes, Cosi on 4th below Market Street, Starbucks at 10th & Chestnut, and Reading Terminal Market.

These are all within the last two years, and I'm forgetting some. Looks like all but one in the far, far, far Northeast to me. Jackwagon!

GPI wrote:
GPI wrote:
Lauraska wrote:

All but 1 were in the far, far, far northeast.

That still falls into the category of "Places Commonly Trafficked By Burbanites".

Not willing to give SEPTA, and SEPTA PD, a spin? Don't wanna teach SEPTA PD a lesson, too?

How about McNally's Bar in the Northeast? Oh right... it's full of cops in there.

Dwights BBQ at G-Town and Erie?

ooo, i like this game! the mcpherson square library? they'd really appreciate the help scaring off the junkies.