Children at play.

Almost ran a kid over last year. She darted between parked cars and i was cruising on bike on cedar. Barely missed. I was yelled at for that. Public reminder for all to slow down. :/

Especially in this nice weather. They've come out of the woodwork.

Going up Memphis is terrible...that little street right before the Memphis market is notorious. I go about 10 mph right there when driving home after work. Those kids just don't have a clue.

bostongirl's picture

I get that we need to slow down but parents need to remind their kids that they shouldn't cross the street without looking!!! I am so afraid of hitting a child because they darted in front of my car! It's come close on numberous occassions. So, kid darts in the street because they don't stop to look, I hit them and then I get punished. Ultimate fear.

So long as you dont hit and run and aren't speeding you are unlikely to actually get punished for it.

Well that's a relief ... um, not.

Hey, I would have hoped that the ultimate fear is hitting a child who darted out into the street, full stop, but thats not what the post said the fear was.

I saw a group of kids playing around on Aramingo, North of Lehigh, for some reason I could just tell one of them was about to run out in the street. Sure enough, a little girl, looked like she was 10, went running right out into the street and froze right in front of an oncoming SUV. Luckily the SUV was able to hit the brakes, and almost went skidding into a telephone pole. It stopped literally feet away from her (and the pole). The girl went running off down a side street screaming.

I never drive more than 10mph through the neighborhood. It's scary.

FishtownYo's picture

On 1100 Marlborough the cars will speed up towards Girard end when they see the cross walk timer getting down towards single digits. Gotta beat that red, otherwise you'll be delayed by two minutes and you can't have that happen.

We all chipped in and installed Children at Play signs, not much of a deterrent. I'm looking into buying removable speed bumps. I figure we can remove them in winter in case of plowing.

What is so bad about religion is that it fosters a primitive form of morality that hinders progress in virtually any domain beneficial to our modern world.

Well that's a relief ... um, not.

Maybe not criminally, but you can bet there'd be a civil suit to follow. (This way of thinking leads me to drive 15 mph in these streets on nice days like these).

Leo wrote:

Well that's a relief ... um, not.

Maybe not criminally, but you can bet there'd be a civil suit to follow.

Precisely.

When I first moved here I knew a family that bragged that their elementary-aged son had been hit three times and "made us over $100,000".

Leo wrote:

Well that's a relief ... um, not.

Maybe not criminally, but you can bet there'd be a civil suit to follow.

Precisely.

Now that's criminal.

If you look like you have insurance people will fling themselves at your car I guess? See this is why I'll never buy a new car as long as I live in PA. Just another dimension of suck that goes into owning a vehicle here.

Im debating what my next Kenzomobile will be.

For now I have my heart set on getting my Class M. I think I can live out the rest of my days on car share, bogarting other people's cars and if I own something... a 660cc bike, nothing fancy.

god you people are paranoid