norris st deli

sometimes im amazed at how people give there opinions on something and truly have no clue on what they are taking about.I mean afterall these are ur opinions bcuz in no way are they backed up by any hard facts. I live rite next to that deli and I no alot of people that hang(as breif as they do) and come in an out of that store. You wanna talk about drug dealers and selling drugs you need to attract your attention to fishtown market n who an what kind of group of kids hang out on that corner n emos when they were in business.ibut in no way am i making an insinuation that fishtown market r emos was apart of selling drugs bcuz of the people that hang there r around them. can anyone tell me with true hard facts when was anyone ever locked up on the corner of norris n almond for selling drugs? remember true facts people not ur honest gossip opinion! none as far as i can remember in the last 5 yrs. not one person, i no i lived here pretty much my whole life. so dahfish is pretty much stereotyping people. dasfish do you no these people? ever speak to these people ur referring to in ur comment? so basically what ur sayin is bcuz these people u refer to as smackheads n r sumtimes on the corner when u drive by r affiliated with the store in what manner? I'm not sure what ur exactly sayin, other then bcuz people look a certain way hanging at a certain spot somehow define and bring everything around them down. thats absurd ur comment its ur own paranoia,trust me. u should try instead of belittleing them go up n say hi, u might be surprised that they mite just say hi how r u doing back to ya. they're human go figure they might have r still do have problems with addiction(yeah i no , so go ahead clowns ,see that what we r talking about y is there addicts hanging on that corner? newsflash! there r more addicts then u can imagine, but im sure you people dont no any addicts r surround yourself with addicts, but u live in fishtown?.n as for all u other clowns on here talking smack about the corner let me just inform u of this. I no the owner who works very hard to run that place and i know all the employees too, just to give u sum true facts, there are sum of the most respectful, hard working kids that work in there along with he elder ladies. the girls that work in there go to college , immaculada n la salle n the younger kid is going to penn state college next fall. the store is one of the cleanest kept n well maintained stores in the neighborhood. since kenzo likes using maps for crimes ask him to show a crime report in the past 5 yrs showing drug arrest on the corner of norris n almond. do u really think if that store wasn't there that those b\e's n t\v's woodnt have taken place in the last 2 weeks r that bcuz the store is there that it assisted in one way r another with those crimes, ur crazy for even suggesting that, in that case lets take all business n somehow link them to the crimes that take place around them, r exclude them if they werent there at the time of the crimes. Of course those crimes wood of taken place no matter what was there at the time, and another true fact about these crimes happening around norris n almond, didn't all these crimes take place in the overnite hrs? o wait its the stores fault whether it was open r closed. Its a business people, there are'nt no DEA agents running up in that store, no stakeouts on that store or on the people standing on that corner, certainly no drug dealing in that store r on that corner as a matter of fact n if there is wheres all the arrest? there's none its just a bunch of people giving their absurd useless opinions that couldn't back them up with a single fact! i just don't understand y people thrive off of useless gossip and misinformation. what i read on here is no different then taking fishtown as a whole slamming the bad people that live within the boundaries of fishtown and then saying fishtown is not a good place bcuz drug addicts, thieves, rapist and murderers live in it and totally disregarding the good honest hard working 8-5 people that live within fishown also. for those people that really didn't understand that analysis, is u can not define a whole by judging a part, judge the whole as a whole with the good and the bad. you no people if you spent half your time talking and taking part in something useful and meaning you might make a difference, im sure everyone in here was apart of Occupy Philly ( I wood bet you's probably couldn't even tell me there purpose and goal?) or 9\11 how our own government crashed 2 planes on american soil n blamed it on a dude that lives in cave, n made us believe that a 3rd plane crashed into our pentagon with cameras everwhere n they have not release one image showing a plane crashing into the pentagon ( I have $1000 to anyone that can find a video as clear as the one of 2 planes going into the world trade centers , crashng into the pentagon. A clear image) n y ever has the people supposedly on that plane have never been mentioned during memorials and so on. dont waste your time gossiping and talking about useless factless topics.

stein's picture

this isn't a text message.

also, there is already a thread for this discussion.

Ken Milano (before he went and edited this comment out to avoid the consequences of having wrote it) wrote:
I don’t have much sympathy for renters, for me, they are non citizens

sdm's picture

So wait, there's a connection between this deli and 9/11 now?

From welfare to Mayfair.

Ardic_Splash's picture

well, i still stick by the fact that one woman who works there was arrested during the prescription drug sting, and one guy who i see there all the time was arrested as well. those are facts, assume whatever you want.

naybor2deli's picture

lol hey thats a funny.

naybor2deli's picture

lol hey thats a funny.

Ardic_Splash's picture

i'm not sure what that's supposed to mean.

naybor2deli's picture

ok so what, that person got locked so whats your point? O wait, you don't no r associate with a person that got locked up, ok so you stand by the fact that a person who works there got arrested , so tell me what do you know about that situation , did you asked that person y what happen? do u even care what happened? are just because a person got locked up means????I'm not sure of your point , what is it that your trying to do, let fishtown know that a person that works at Norris St Deli got locked up and is now doing illegal activities ofout of this store? And you know this to be true? O wait its not possible that if that did happen this person just made a bad judgement call back then, r wait this person is a hardcore criminal because this person got locked up. I'm sure you don't no a thing about this person r this persons situation.

naybor2deli's picture

ardic where do you live?

Ardic_Splash's picture

Sorry, I don't speak Kenzo. Please use real words and punctuation.

naybor2deli's picture

Ok Ms Articulate. I'm not sure what you mean by I don't speak Kenzo, so it's obvious your not from Kensington, let me put it in lament terms for you! What part of the city, if Philadelphia is where you reside, do you live in? Hows that, my deepest and sincere apologies for using abbreviations and short hand. I do a much better job at spelling it out for you. Okay.

naybor2deli's picture

And by the way Ms perfectionist, is ARDIC a real word and correct sppelling or did you mean ARTIC?

naybor2deli's picture

O wait I better make a correction to my name also, but if you would like to address me correctly, I don't mind if you refer to me as neighbortodeli.

Ardic_Splash's picture

Clearly I live in Fishtown, since this is a Fishtown message board. ( I think you mean layman's terms).

dan

I'm guessing you both mean ARCTIC, but that's really a side issue, isn't it?

"I like my way of doing it better than your way of not doing it." - D.L. Moody

Ardic_Splash's picture

I spelled it Ardic, because I spelled it phonetically. This conversation is done, point proven.

naybor2deli's picture

Ok so the fact is one girl who works there was arrested in the prescription drug ring and one guy you see there all the time was also, ok fact right? What's your point? I'm not sure what your point is. I see guys everyday that was arrested at one time or another, so what, whats your point? Wait your telling me you don't know are associate with anyone that was ever arrested? Should u be defined or judged by the people you know or that hang around that was arrested, what does that have to do with you? Absolutely nothing right! And thats a FACT, so assume whatever you want.

Kenzo's picture

I can't make out this post. I noticed Occupy Philly, planes going into the world trade center, and that I don't live here.

I have no clue who "DasFish" is, but thefts are on the rise at Norris & Almond this month. Two B/E's on the same block and a whole LOTTA car break-ins within a 1 block radius (oh, and another B/E).

Those are facts.

On the advice of someone who probably queened-out, this signature has been deleted.

Ardic_Splash's picture

Ardic_Splash wrote:
well, i still stick by the fact that one woman who works there was arrested during the prescription drug sting, and one guy who i see there all the time was arrested as well. those are facts, assume whatever you want.

I think my point was pretty blunt.

naybor2deli's picture

LOL, thanks Dan for being the mediator, but it was phonetically so it's ok Dan, her point was proven

naybor2deli's picture

*spelled phonectically

Matt Benatar's picture

naybor2deli wrote:
*spelled phonectically

Sweet Jesus.

Love is a Mattlefield.

Ardic_Splash's picture

naybor2deli wrote:
*spelled phonectically

Once again, point proven.

naybor2deli's picture

Ok so your point is blunt, big deal. Just because you say your point is blunt doesn't mean it has a point are makes sense. Answer my question are you the only living person not only on gods green earth but who lives in Fishtown that does not know or associate with a person that has been arrested? Is this your point, are wait, is your point , that the people you know that got arrested are better hen these two people that got arrested? What's your point? Don't be blunt, be clear on what your point is because I am dying to know.

Ardic_Splash's picture

My point was to assume what you want. I'm not making any judgement. All I did was point out 2 things that I know are facts. And no, I don't associate with anyone who has been arrested for dealing drugs.

naybor2deli's picture

Wait your one of the yuppies, aren't you? Your not even from Fishtown are you? Did your parents grow up in fishtown, how about their parents, did they grow up in Fishtown? I doubt it. One one of those people that was referred to in the SNOW ATRICLE is last weeks star, aren't you? Does your man shovel with tight pants?

Matt Benatar's picture

I do not regularly associate with anyone who has been arrested.

Love is a Mattlefield.

Kenzo's picture

naybor2deli wrote:
Wait your one of the yuppies, aren't you? Your not even from Fishtown are you? Did your parents grow up in fishtown, how about their parents, did they grow up in Fishtown? I doubt it. One one of those people that was referred to in the SNOW ATRICLE is last weeks star, aren't you? Does your man shovel with tight pants?

You referring to my bud Joe Q?
B)

On the advice of someone who probably queened-out, this signature has been deleted.

Ardic_Splash's picture

Call me whatever you want, but I'm a happy homeowner who lives in Fishtown. I own my home, fixed it up, and hope to make this neighborhood a little bit better than it has been in the past. That is what the whole point of this message board is. No, I have no family from Fishtown, I moved here on my own.

Last time I checked the police reports, there were no drug dealing, breaking and entering, or auto thefts committed by yuppies. Seems to me like a lot of the crimes here are committed by and to people who are born and raised Fishtown. You do the math.

Ardic_Splash's picture

And don't attack me for saying all Fishtowners are criminals. I never said that, and I know it's not true. My point is there is no need to point fingers at "yuppies" for anything, other than trying to make the neighborhood a little safer and nicer.

naybor2deli's picture

No your point is that you think your better then everyone else. By pointing out other peoples faults, prime example ,my spelling , these persons arrest. You pointed out something that was misleading , projecting, and useless. I lived in Fishtown my whole life on this corner I asked what was ur point by pointing that out, what were you trying to accomplish? That because 2 people that hang at a certain spot make that spot poison. All I'm saying is so what if these people were arrested, let me give you a strong true fact at least 70% of Fishtowns population was arrested at one point or anoher in their life. Does it make Fishtown such a bad place? If so then leave and if you don't associate with people that been arrested then don't come to that store are that corner. You don't even need to comment on it, your no better then anyone else who lives in Fishtown and there is no doubt in my mind your not even from here, because someone that grew up in Fishtown would of never said such a comment because they have history here, They know what it's like in this neighborhood and it's a good neighborhood overall, so if your gonna point out people that arrested then point them all out and dont try and degrade my neighborhood because it must not be that bad , you made the decision to move into it.So you have a nice day and life and leave you smug personality back where you came from.

Ardic_Splash's picture

67% of statistics are made up. Why don't you open your defensive little eyes and realize people flocked to Fishtown because they saw that it was a pretty safe, nice, affordable neighborhood. Be happy that people are trying to improve it, be happy that people are trying to get to know their neighbors. All you are doing is finger pointing at the wrong people.

Kenzo's picture

deli: I'm not gonna speak for the "yuppies" because

A- I don't look like a yuppie, and def don't act like one
B- I weigh 210lbs and don't fit in skinny jeans, never have
C- I don't give a flyin' flip where someone busted outta their mom
D- I can't believe you just said 70% of old-time Fishtowners are crooks

What I want to know is why thefts and B/E high in just a 4-block area. The "forgotton Fishtown" below 95 has nowhere near amount as much activity as this one little tiny part between Les-N-Dorreens and JR's.

NOW WHY IS THAT?

Someone alluded to earlier that it's possibly two junkies who live around that area.

Tired of me asking questions? Then hop on some beef-n-beers and raise me $750,000 and I'll definitely get outta everyone's hair. Until then, I'm gonna ask questions.

On the advice of someone who probably queened-out, this signature has been deleted.

Ardic_Splash's picture

Kenzo wrote:
deli: I'm not gonna speak for the "yuppies" because

A- I don't look like a yuppie, and def don't act like one
B- I weigh 210lbs and don't fit in skinny jeans, never have
C- I don't give a flyin' flip where someone busted outta their mom
D- I can't believe you just said 70% of old-time Fishtowners are crooks

What I want to know is why thefts and B/E high in just a 4-block area. The "forgotton Fishtown" below 95 has nowhere near amount as much activity as this one little tiny part between Les-N-Dorreens and JR's.

NOW WHY IS THAT?

Someone alluded to earlier that it's possibly two junkies who live around that area.

Tired of me asking questions? Then hop on some beef-n-beers and raise me $750,000 to buy my house out and buy me a new one, and I'll definitely get outta everyone's hair. Until then, I'm gonna ask questions.

I wish there was a "like" button.

Lauraska's picture

The original post is the greatest textual interpretation of the types of "battles of words" that happen on my block all the time! Please note that I said "battles of words" not "battles of minds." Excellent work.

This is my passive aggressive signature. Yeah it's about you.

naybor2deli's picture

No, no, no. Let me tell you this. By no means did you people that moved into Fishtown make this a better and safer place. You's are the outsiders. We are family here. I'm third generation Fishtown and let me tell you this , this neighborhood had some bad times and it had some good times, but by no means did you people come in here and make it safer. Like I said we had some ups and downs just like a family does and we fixed our own problems . We know each other in Fishtown and if you are first generation do not think for one second that you saved us. Thats the problem with you people you's think you's are better then us. Well let me tell you this I'm a homeowner not a renter and literally 3\4 of my entire family are homeowners in Fishtown. Don't think you saved us. You just came at the end of a bad era. We have always fixed ourselves, so don't try and take credit. Because people like you will come and go, where as people like me, my kids and their kids will grow up in this neighborhood.

Matt Benatar's picture

naybor2deli wrote:
All I'm saying is so what if these people were arrested, let me give you a strong true fact at least 70% of Fishtowns population was arrested at one point or anoher in their life. Does it make Fishtown such a bad place?

If 70% of Fishtown was arrested at one point or another, then yes, it would be a bad place, but they haven't, so it's not. I'm sorry that your life has you surrounded in criminals, but don't be fooled into believing that it's the norm.

Love is a Mattlefield.

naybor2deli's picture

See thats problem here. People like Kenzo make their own interpretations of what was actually. Kenzo tell me are better yet show me where I made the comment 70 % of Fishtowners are crooks. My exact words were "arrested" made I should of been a little more clearer even tho ugh I thought my words were clear. Being arrested does not make someone a criminal Kenzo just assumed that.Let me guess your next question"Well what do you mean arrested" just that "arrested" for whatever jaywalking, disorderly conduct..etc.

Kenzo's picture

Well, I see one area of Fishtown that needs to get cameras.

Apparently nobody wants to talk about PEOPLES HOUSES BEING BROKEN INTO and instead we want to rant about newcomer vs. lifer.

On the advice of someone who probably queened-out, this signature has been deleted.

Ardic_Splash's picture

Nobody EVER said anyone was better than anyone else. Every neighborhood in this city can use improvement, even the richest, cleanest, safest neighborhoods. You need to stop perpetuating the stereotypes of Fishtown, and embrace change. This neighborhood is changing and will always be changing, every neighborhood in this city is changing. Nobody is trying to save anyone, nobody is trying to push anyone out of the neighborhood. Us transplants are just as prideful and proud to live in Fishtown as the lifers. Embrace that and do something for the good of the hood, talk to the yuppies, the transplants or whatever you want to call them. I'm pretty sure it would be for the good of Fishtown.

Kenzo's picture

naybor2deli wrote:
See thats problem here. People like Kenzo make their own interpretations of what was actually. Kenzo tell me are better yet show me where I made the comment 70 % of Fishtowners are crooks. My exact words were "arrested" made I should of been a little more clearer even tho ugh I thought my words were clear. Being arrested does not make someone a criminal Kenzo just assumed that.Let me guess your next question"Well what do you mean arrested" just that "arrested" for whatever jaywalking, disorderly conduct..etc.

"People like Kenzo"

You mean people that own a home and are worried about crime, perhaps?

On the advice of someone who probably queened-out, this signature has been deleted.

naybor2deli's picture

Well Matt tell me a place on earth that you would not be a person that was arrested. Nobody said it was the norm but in fishtown it happens. And let me make this clear when I say 70% im taking about the different generations . So the 70% IS AS A WHOLE "GENERATIONS" Now you can twist it and make comments to mislead it how ever you want. Thats on you buddy.

naybor2deli's picture

I own my house .Whats your point. I'm not worried about crime! I'm not sure what your trying to say.

Kenzo's picture

naybor2deli wrote:
I own my house .Whats your point. I'm not worried about crime! I'm not sure what your trying to say.

What I'm saying is that you've got something to say but you're just not saying it. This isn't about the newbies and you know it.

You know something.

And you're not saying what it is. Care to share?

On the advice of someone who probably queened-out, this signature has been deleted.

naybor2deli's picture

Come on Kenzo copy and paste , show me where I said exactly 70% of Fishtowners are crooks. I'll be waiting.Come on you had a big point to prove on misleading information. I'll give you a $1000 right now you show me my own words were I referred to 70% of Fishtowners are crooks.

kh's picture

All I'm saying is so what if these people were arrested, let me give you a strong true fact at least 70% of Fishtowns population was arrested at one point or anoher in their life...where, can I collect my reward?

Kenzo's picture

naybor2deli wrote:
Come on Kenzo copy and paste , show me where I said exactly 70% of Fishtowners are crooks. I'll be waiting.Come on you had a big point to prove on misleading information. I'll give you a $1000 right now you show me my own words were I referred to 70% of Fishtowners are crooks.

What do you take your 70% to mean then, that 70% of Fishtowners have been through the CJC before?

On the advice of someone who probably queened-out, this signature has been deleted.

Matt Benatar's picture

naybor2deli wrote:
Well Matt tell me a place on earth that you would not be a person that was arrested.

Fishtown. I am that person. I've never been arrested.

Quote:
Nobody said it was the norm but in fishtown it happens.

You said it was the norm. When 70% of people do something, that something is the norm. That's how population statistics work.

Quote:
And let me make this clear when I say 70% im taking about the different generations . So the 70% IS AS A WHOLE "GENERATIONS" Now you can twist it and make comments to mislead it how ever you want. Thats on you buddy.

"60% of the time, it works every time." You completely lost me. Please stop writing on behalf of third generation Fishtowners. You're embarrassing them.

Love is a Mattlefield.

CaptainStarnsSeaFood's picture

Dan, New Poll! Have you been arrested Y/N. We'll get to the bottom of this...

naybor2deli's picture

LOL nah Kenzo I don't have nothing to share and it is about the newbies and the misleading information that they put out. Even yourself. So your telling me...........Wait Kenzo what is your point? That your concerned about the crime in this for block radius? or is it the corner of Norris St & Almond that is the problem. Because I live rite here and I originally seen the comments on the store and corner and I'm not sure what you people are trying to insinuate. I mean I read comments about people on the corner to the store being a front. I live very close and I know alot of people around here . So Kenzo thats talk what is you point?

naybor2deli's picture

Ok Matts turn. Come on genius. So Matt your telling everyone on here that you don't know are associate with a single person that has ever been arrested. Thats what your saying Matt.Not if you were arrested genius, never asked that. So you don't know are associate with anyone that was arrested and lives in fishtown.genius.Then we will move on to the next thing.

Kenzo's picture

I dunno why you're attributing comments about the store to me; I never said it was a front. I said that corner is a hotspot for theft, WHICH IT IS. The OP said there was a crew hanging in front of the deli that was there in the morning, then there hours later at lunchtime, which is sort of unusual unless they're homeless door greeters or employees chain smoking cigarettes, know what I mean?

Others who live just as close as you do say it's junkies.

What I wanna know is why is there a hotspot of theft goin' down over in your part of Fishtown. Care to enlighten the neighborhood why that might be so, or are ya gonna keep spewin' the crap?

I'm tired of these chicken-*%%% games. When the camera proposal is formulated, I'm nominating this area for crime cameras. The people who are sick of having their bleeping houses broken into will thank me.

And that's the end of it.

On the advice of someone who probably queened-out, this signature has been deleted.

Pure_Fishtown's picture

Naybor, please don't say that 70% of the Fishtown population have been arrested. That is untrue, I don't know the true number but I'm sure that it is well below 50%.

As far as the female working there that has been arrested before, big deal! Maybe she did the time/fine and is now trying to make a better life for herself; maybe she learned her lesson (I hope so).

Beating a dead horse doesn't get anyone anywhere on this matter.

I think the OP of the original thread was stereotyping people. Heck, the former Mayor Rendell did when he called people outside of East Baptist Church "Thugs". To a reporter who asked why he called the residents thugs was "Because they were wearing T-shirts!" God's honest truth.

So ... if the original poster of the original thread was stereotyping because of how the people outside the store looked -- then he/she was wrong.

If the young lady in question, has cleaned up her act -- good for her. If she hasn't, shame on her.

To the others who are dealing, may the fleas of 1000 camels infest their armpits.

To keep using the outsider/insider crap is wrong! And, I wish people on both sides would stop. To deliberately make snide comments because a person doesn't write as well as someone else is also wrong.

Naybor, please use the enter key to separate your paragraphs; it is very hard to read.

Dan, bless you for having the patience to deal with all this crap.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

CaptainStarnsSeaFood's picture

Pure_Fishtown wrote:
As far as the female working there that has been arrested before, big deal!

I'm really not trying to keep this argument going but, we're not talking about a sixteen year old kid who was busted with a dime of weed, we're talking about people who participated in a multi-million dollar prescription drug ring. It kind of is a "Big Deal" as far as i'm concerned....

Matt Benatar's picture

naybor2deli wrote:
Ok Matts turn. Come on genius. So Matt your telling everyone on here that you don't know are associate with a single person that has ever been arrested. Thats what your saying Matt.Not if you were arrested genius, never asked that. So you don't know are associate with anyone that was arrested and lives in fishtown.genius.Then we will move on to the next thing.

That's what I'm saying. I do not associate with people who have been arrested. I don't know anybody who has been arrested beyond knowing them in passing, so I wouldn't say that I associate with them. Clear enough?

Love is a Mattlefield.

Pure_Fishtown's picture

Captain, I know who they were referring to; but, I want to give the person the benefit of the doubt that maybe she learned her lesson. She works at the store, no where on any of these threads did it say that she was dealing or using or writing scripts.

I'm not a bleeding heart liberal but I do believe in giving a person a second chance. If they screw up; then it is a different story.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

naybor2deli's picture

Well Kenzo let me shed some light on this for you. Well first off I'm sorry but i'm not a crime analyst for the neighborhood. I'm also not a physic, if you are really asking me why there is crime down here in a four block radius maybe if I sat around and studied the statitics like you did for the past 2 weeks I would be able to tell you. But Kenzo what I can tell you is this. You mentioned HOTSPOT Ok maybe this area is or was a hotspot for the last 2 weeks but Kenzo it wasnt like that 3 weeks ago r a month ago. Why dont you post where the hotspot was a month ago because one thing I do know is criminals dont keep hiiting the same spot or area but for so long. Better yet Kenzo since you like studying statistcs y dont you post r predict the next hotspot I mean after looking at the graphs ,maps and statics as much as you do you should be able to predict the next hotspot because it wont be here in anoter week r 2. Next there are cameras outside the store, not only are there camereas outside the store there are also cameras directly across the street on the corner property pointing north and south on almond did you know that mr crime reporter. now as to people on the corner in the morning I dont know why they are, but groups meet there all the time the morning group to get there breakfast sandwiches coffee shoot the sh@@ and then move on but if you really wanna know y they r there then bring your crime fighting mcgruff a!@ down there and ask them, as to the lunch crowd i assume its the same thing that store has good food and sandwiches but for the most part its people in the community that hang there, im sure they didnt no it was a crime. the only crime here is you, judgemental no life loserst hat form this chat rooms that do more harm then good because all you do is spew ur baseless gossip opinion that you can not back up with a lick of hard prove i mean lets face it most of what is said on here is 50% rumor 40% gossip 9% useless opinion and 1% fact if you people did anything other then just talk about it you might actually make a difference this is a prime example i came on here to defend my neighborhood and cornerstore and since i talked so much i eventually got dragged into useless arguments name calling and bullcrap. I should of just made my point n left i dont have time for this when im done on here tonight you people will probably never hear from me again because this forum is a roadway of a bunch of useless rumors and baseless meaningless gossip to start spreading its a gossip site and people like you and the other morons will take what i said disect it make fun of parts of it twist my words around and have fun doing it because you people like this kind of stuff and i will bet my life thats exactly what will happen because you's dont have nuttin better to do with yourselves and you's are doing it on the false hope that you's are actually making a difference but your not trust me when the next meaningless topic comes up all of you will give your useless opinions that have no real merit or fact to the actual truth because you people dont no the truth yous sit behind your computers with your boring lifes n berate and belittle other people and spread gossip for you own entertainment like matt the genius said when 70% of the people do it, its considered the norm, well people this is you norm so i have to go now read everything i said disesect it , from the misspellings to where i didnt put commas and periods and have total fun with it i could careless lol one way r the other so good bye and enjoy urselfs lol

naybor2deli's picture

Ok matt your lying to say what you just said and in the same sentence say you dont associate with them. but at least i got you to admit you know people in fishtown that got arrested wether it was in passing r not. Clear enuff for you matt

sunnyday's picture

Hey all, my opinion only but people need to get thicker skin, one thing everyone in Fishtown does have in common is they take everything way tooo personal. Listen you can't please everyone so don't try
and what does anyone care what a complete stranger says about them? People are going to believe what they want anyway true or not. So with that take a deep breath and back away from the keyboard.

Kenzo's picture

sunnyday wrote:
Hey all, my opinion only but people need to get thicker skin, one thing everyone in Fishtown does have in common is they take everything way tooo personal. Listen you can't please everyone so don't try
and what does anyone care what a complete stranger says about them? People are going to believe what they want anyway true or not. So with that take a deep breath and back away from the keyboard.

That applies everywhere.

What I've been mostly concerned about, after learning from Captain Cram's presentation [the entire community was invited], was that we have a serious property crime issue in PSA-3. The reasons for that are multitudes. Habitual B/E repeat-offenders do live in PSA-3 and do their deeds also in PSA-3 (there's over 50 of those individuals).

Prevention is key. When folks have said "you can't even leave a nickel in your change cup", they might be smiling but they're not kidding.

I still think two B/E's on the same block in the same month, and another B/E a 25 second-walk away from the other two is above normal for winter time; summer yeah maybe not. Sprinkled around those 3 B/E's is a rash of theft-in-vehicles. The map I posted earlier was Dec 1 thru Dec 19.

I don't know what "naybor" is going on about, I think if you're a 5th generation Fishtowner you're gonna still feel just as violated if your home is broken into just as a 1st generation Fishtowner.

On the advice of someone who probably queened-out, this signature has been deleted.

naybor2deli's picture

Well Pure fishtown n captain you two r the people with open minds n sumone I could actually have a conversation with. As for the 70% maybe i wasn't clear enuff on that but who cares that was comment made because i allowed myself to get sidetracked off of the real reason on y i got on here. My point being is that this is a gossip forum . People should be careful on what they say and actually think before they say. If you give your opinion then u get whatever comes with that. Facts cant b disputed. Bottom line. All i read was peoples opinions so then it becomes argumentative. state facts and it becomes a useful and possibly interesting and educational conversation. that corner is not a drug corner the people who stand there r not thugs that store is not a front they actually have some great hoagies Eff primos and if people r so concerned on y its a hotspot i suggest i grab a rent a cop outfit a big flashlight , a block captain n every now r then get from behind the computer and walk your neighborhood and possibly label yourself as town watch or whatever makes u feel fgood and make a difference just remember talk is cheap

Kenzo's picture

Again, noooobody is saying the deli is a front, for anything. Just want to collect information.

Nobody needs to get their pantyhose in a bunch over it.

On the advice of someone who probably queened-out, this signature has been deleted.

Kenzo's picture

naybor2deli wrote:
Well Pure fishtown n captain you two r the people with open minds n sumone I could actually have a conversation with. As for the 70% maybe i wasn't clear enuff on that but who cares that was comment made because i allowed myself to get sidetracked off of the real reason on y i got on here. My point being is that this is a gossip forum . People should be careful on what they say and actually think before they say. If you give your opinion then u get whatever comes with that. Facts cant b disputed. Bottom line. All i read was peoples opinions so then it becomes argumentative. state facts and it becomes a useful and possibly interesting and educational conversation. that corner is not a drug corner the people who stand there r not thugs that store is not a front they actually have some great hoagies Eff primos and if people r so concerned on y its a hotspot i suggest i grab a rent a cop outfit a big flashlight , a block captain n every now r then get from behind the computer and walk your neighborhood and possibly label yourself as town watch or whatever makes u feel fgood and make a difference just remember talk is cheap

There's not much difference between FTUS, naybor... and the oral gossip network that's existed in the River Wards going back when the Lenape owned this place.

The only difference between the two is that electronic gossip is there for all to see. The oral gossip passing across people's steps, in the bars and businesses goes on whether or not FTUS exists.

And a lot of that old oral gossip has now moved to Facebook, too [believe me, I hear some tall tales].

On the advice of someone who probably queened-out, this signature has been deleted.

sunnyday's picture

Well I do agree that is alot of of action in winter or summer and it should not be tolerated,
but until people start acting like adults and engage in useful conversation instead insinuating things that may or may not be true about people/places Nothing will ever be done about it. People will continue to come to this board and many others boards just to sling mud. TIME WASTED NOTHING ACCOMPLISHED.

stein's picture

I love "facts can't b disputed" b/w "show me a video of the pentagon being hit by a plane"

Ken Milano (before he went and edited this comment out to avoid the consequences of having wrote it) wrote:
I don’t have much sympathy for renters, for me, they are non citizens

Ardic_Splash's picture

Well just about the only thing I've learned is that Philadelphia school district needs to spend more money on English teachers.

Jordan's picture

Kenzo wrote:
deli: I'm not gonna speak for the "yuppies" because

A- I don't look like a yuppie, and def don't act like one

I look like a yuppie and act like one. What's it gonna be, huh? What are you going to do about? WANNA SEE SOME FACEBOOK PICTURES OF MY VACATION TO BAR HARBOR, MAINE? SPLIT A BOTTLE OF RED WINE WITH ME? GIVE ME SOME DECORATING TIPS FOR MY LIVING ROOM, AND RECOMMENDATIONS ON CONTRACTORS? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THIS!

A. Jordan Rushie
Fishtown Neighbors Association - Vice President
2424 East York Street, Suite 316
Philadelphia, PA 19125 215.385.LAW1 (5291)
Blog: www.phillylawblog.com
Website: www.fishtownlaw.com

Kenzo's picture

Jordan wrote:
Kenzo wrote:
deli: I'm not gonna speak for the "yuppies" because

A- I don't look like a yuppie, and def don't act like one

I look like a yuppie and act like one. What's it gonna be, huh? What are you going to do about? WANNA SEE SOME FACEBOOK PICTURES OF MY VACATION TO BAR HARBOR, MAINE? SPLIT A BOTTLE OF RED WINE WITH ME? GIVE ME SOME DECORATING TIPS FOR MY LIVING ROOM, AND RECOMMENDATIONS ON CONTRACTORS? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THIS!

Pfft. I can file one IRS Form 3949A and your wine & cheese world will come crashing all around you.

Like I did when I put one out on TSSI and Asia Coney. The woman had the nerve to drive in a PHA-paid for SUV, live in PHA housing, and was clearing six figures from PHA. Like that didn't deserve an audit.

On the advice of someone who probably queened-out, this signature has been deleted.

Leo's picture

Matt Benatar wrote:
I do not regularly associate with anyone who has been arrested.

I do, and gladly.

Arrested people aren't bad people. Hell, I've met heroin addicts that are good people. People are always better than the worst thing they've ever done.

Jordan: Your Temple sweatshirts and love of the Eagles belies your claims of yuppiedom.

Mulvihill & Rushie LLC
The Fishtown Lawyers
Criminal Defense • Civil Trials
www.FishtownLaw.com
215.385.5291

Matt Benatar's picture

Leo wrote:
Matt Benatar wrote:
I do not regularly associate with anyone who has been arrested.

I do, and gladly.

Arrested people aren't bad people. Hell, I've met heroin addicts that are good people. People are always better than the worst thing they've ever done.

Jordan: Your Temple sweatshirts and love of the Eagles belies your claims of yuppiedom.

I neither radiate toward nor avoid people who've been arrested. I just don't know many people who have. I have a few uncles who have but I see them once a year, a few high school friends who have but I don't see them anymore, and that's about it. None of my current associates have a criminal record. The point is this: having been arrested isn't something all that common, and certainly isn't something 70% of fishtowners have experienced. I don't think that is at all a fair statement of the residents of this neighborhood.

Furthermore, I am a yuppie in the strict sense of the word: Young Urban Professional. It doesn't hurt my feelings to be called that, especially by someone who is functionally illiterate, as I just hear it as their ignorant view of somebody who is educated. It's not like I am uninteresting, or have never experienced poverty, struggle, or other tragedy as a result. Ultimately, I don't think people would describe me as a yuppie, and it wouldn't especially hurt my feelings if they decided to start.

Love is a Mattlefield.

sade's picture

I am lost on the many overly emotional reactions, but mostly on emos, Occupy Philly and 9/11.

Matt Benatar's picture

No good diatribe is complete without a 9/11 conspiracy theory. Excuse me. "9\11."

Love is a Mattlefield.

Jordan's picture

Leo wrote:
Matt Benatar wrote:
I do not regularly associate with anyone who has been arrested.

I do, and gladly.

Arrested people aren't bad people. Hell, I've met heroin addicts that are good people. People are always better than the worst thing they've ever done.

Jordan: Your Temple sweatshirts and love of the Eagles belies your claims of yuppiedom.

You'll be pleased to know that I'm putting two autographed Eagles blowup pictures in my office this week. :)

Bonus: got them from Eagles Men's Academy, where a bunch of out of shape fans pay money to play football at the NovaCare Complex. So much fun.

A. Jordan Rushie
Fishtown Neighbors Association - Vice President
2424 East York Street, Suite 316
Philadelphia, PA 19125 215.385.LAW1 (5291)
Blog: www.phillylawblog.com
Website: www.fishtownlaw.com

Leo's picture

Matt Benatar wrote:
I neither radiate toward nor avoid people who've been arrested. I just don't know many people who have.

It kind of comes with my job :D But it's very easy to be arrested, so I'd never hold that against someone.

Quote:
Furthermore, I am a yuppie in the strict sense of the word: Young Urban Professional. It doesn't hurt my feelings to be called that, especially by someone who is functionally illiterate, as I just hear it as their ignorant view of somebody who is educated. It's not like I am uninteresting, or have never experienced poverty, struggle, or other tragedy as a result. Ultimately, I don't think people would describe me as a yuppie, and it wouldn't especially hurt my feelings if they decided to start.

I think I am too, by a strict definitional sense. And likewise, it doesn't hurt me to be called such. Walking from my house to the office, or to the el, I kind of stand out in that "who the hell is that guy in the suit?" way - so I've heard it all: from "f@###t"; "hipster"; "yuppie"; "Inspector Gadget" (when it rains); "Superman"; "Clark Kent"; "Peter Parker"; etc.

Bottom line: whether we've been here 1, 10, or 100 years, we're all here for a reason. Let's not get all civil-war in here.

FWIW - my Fishtown street cred - my grandpop, who lived around here in the early 1900s, worked at the foundry at York and Cedar as his first job out of high school. He took the 25 Birney trolley down to get to work.

Mulvihill & Rushie LLC
The Fishtown Lawyers
Criminal Defense • Civil Trials
www.FishtownLaw.com
215.385.5291

Leo's picture

Jordan wrote:
You'll be pleased to know that I'm putting two autographed Eagles blowup pictures in my office this week. :)

Bonus: got them from Eagles Men's Academy, where a bunch of out of shape fans pay money to play football at the NovaCare Complex. So much fun.

So long as I don't have to pretend I like football, we're good.

Mulvihill & Rushie LLC
The Fishtown Lawyers
Criminal Defense • Civil Trials
www.FishtownLaw.com
215.385.5291

austen's picture

naybor2deli wrote:
I'm not sure what your trying to say.

Sweet fancy moses, you are a gift from the little Baby Jesus.

I don't think I've laughed so hard in a LONG time.

And seriously? The whole lifer/newbie jawn has GOT to STOP. Heck, if you want to go back two generations, my grandfather was from the Penn Treaty neighborhood, which I'm pretty sure is Fishtown Riverside. My Dad grew up in Fairhill.

I think that's enough street cred for one day.

TLP's picture

austen wrote:
naybor2deli wrote:
I'm not sure what your trying to say.

Sweet fancy moses, you are a gift from the little Baby Jesus.

I don't think I've laughed so hard in a LONG time.

And seriously? The whole lifer/newbie jawn has GOT to STOP. Heck, if you want to go back two generations, my grandfather was from the Penn Treaty neighborhood, which I'm pretty sure is Fishtown Riverside. My Dad grew up in Fairhill.

I think that's enough street cred for one day.

I have pictures of my great-grandfather and his brothers at McPherson Square in the ancient pre-needle days. How much cred is that worth!? ;)

austen's picture

TLP wrote:
How much cred is that worth!? ;)

Lots. And I love my animated smiley of all caps "stop" above.

Kenzo's picture

TLP wrote:
I have pictures of my great-grandfather and his brothers at McPherson Square in the ancient pre-needle days. How much cred is that worth!? ;)

I'm Scots-Irish (immigrants from the 1660s to the 1740s), mostly from The Pale.

My mom is an Ancestry.com nut. She's found several names/crossings, all but 2 landed in Philadelphia. They all promptly booked it for what's now known as West Virginia, Pittsburgh and Mississippi. The Pittsburgh ones then moved to Boston, which is where I have some other relatives--all of whom I despise.

So I guess in a battle of Irish street cred, me and my pop win out over what my father lovingly calls "Potato Irish".

My pop's immediate family is all around McAllen, TX. A Scottish immigrant settlement on the Rio Grande River, whose population is now about 70%+ Hispanic or higher. Lots of "inbreds" living there now-a-days with a Scottish/Irish surname and are bi-lingual. That trend is pretty common in that region of the Southwest.

Now 'scuse me while I go cook up some moonshine in my backyard.

On the advice of someone who probably queened-out, this signature has been deleted.

TLP's picture

Kenzo wrote:
TLP wrote:
I have pictures of my great-grandfather and his brothers at McPherson Square in the ancient pre-needle days. How much cred is that worth!? ;)

I'm Scots-Irish (immigrants from the 1660s to the 1740s), mostly from The Pale.

My mom is an Ancestry.com nut. She's found several names/crossings, all but 2 landed in Philadelphia. They all promptly booked it for what's now known as West Virginia, Pittsburgh and Mississippi. The Pittsburgh ones then moved to Boston, which is where I have some other relatives--all of whom I despise.

So I guess in a battle of Irish street cred, me and my pop win out over what my father lovingly calls "Potato Irish".

Now 'scuse me while I go cook up some moonshine in my backyard.

If I remember right, my kenzo ancestors were actually English immigrants, who didn't show up till the late 1800s. They hightailed it for Northeast Philly pretty early on too.

TLP's picture

austen wrote:
TLP wrote:
How much cred is that worth!? ;)

Lots. And I love my animated smiley of all caps "stop" above.

Heh I wasn't expecting such a big winky face...

Kat's picture

TLP wrote:
austen wrote:
TLP wrote:
How much cred is that worth!? ;)

Lots. And I love my animated smiley of all caps "stop" above.

Heh I wasn't expecting such a big winky face...

lol Those are some JUMBO emoticoms we have now!

jason's picture

Is this thread for real?

steveeboy's picture

"thefts are on the rise at Norris & Almond this month. Two B/E's on the same block and a whole LOTTA car break-ins within a 1 block radius (oh, and another B/E). "

If thefts are "on the rise," what is your baseline of comparison?

Thefts there last month, 6 months ago, last year, five years ago?

How does this corner compare to other corners with stores in Fishtown? corners without stores?

What is the average number of crimes per month in Fishtown?

How did you determine that this recent crime on this corner is increasing?

Jordan's picture

I'm both Irish and Catholic.

Uh-oh!

A. Jordan Rushie
Fishtown Neighbors Association - Vice President
2424 East York Street, Suite 316
Philadelphia, PA 19125 215.385.LAW1 (5291)
Blog: www.phillylawblog.com
Website: www.fishtownlaw.com

dan

I know what a B/E is. I'm just not sure what a T/V is. Is that somebody who works on one of the corners below Graduate Hospital?

"I like my way of doing it better than your way of not doing it." - D.L. Moody

Kenzo's picture

steveeboy wrote:
"thefts are on the rise at Norris & Almond this month. Two B/E's on the same block and a whole LOTTA car break-ins within a 1 block radius (oh, and another B/E). "

If thefts are "on the rise," what is your baseline of comparison?

Thefts there last month, 6 months ago, last year, five years ago?

How does this corner compare to other corners with stores in Fishtown? corners without stores?

What is the average number of crimes per month in Fishtown?

How did you determine that this recent crime on this corner is increasing?

Why is the sky blue?

On the advice of someone who probably queened-out, this signature has been deleted.

stein's picture

rayleigh scattering

Ken Milano (before he went and edited this comment out to avoid the consequences of having wrote it) wrote:
I don’t have much sympathy for renters, for me, they are non citizens

OMGREALLY's picture

i have a question for the MORON who says Norris Street Deli is a front for drugs....Where do you get your facts from? is wrong with people now a days...A person can not own something good without MORONS assuming they are doing wrong ! GROW UP AND GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT !!

tracey mccandless's picture

Has anyone given a single thought to the High rate of theft in the month of December, Everywhere, USA? This economy is at it's worst. People are desperate here and everywhere. I'm Sick of defending My neighborhood. This is the best place to live and not one of you can deny that fact. Fishtown has always stood on its own and will stand for Hundreds of years to come. . We are a strong neighborhood.
I am proud of my neighbors, family and friends who find ways to correct situations, instead of complaining about this and that behind a computer. I have lived at Almond and Norris my entire life. I loved it so much i bought the house across from my parents. Stay proud Fishtown, Don't let people try to bring you down. We know we live in the best neighborhood in Philly. No more need to defend it. We're too proud for that!!!!

Tracey McCandless

tracey mccandless's picture

Has anyone given a single thought to the High rate of theft in the month of December, Everywhere, USA? This economy is at it's worst. People are desperate here and everywhere. I'm Sick of defending My neighborhood. This is the best place to live and not one of you can deny that fact. Fishtown has always stood on its own and will stand for Hundreds of years to come. . We are a strong neighborhood.
I am proud of my neighbors, family and friends who find ways to correct situations, instead of complaining about this and that behind a computer. I have lived at Almond and Norris my entire life. I loved it so much i bought the house across from my parents. Stay proud Fishtown, Don't let people try to bring you down. We know we live in the best neighborhood in Philly. No more need to defend it. We're too proud for that!!!!

Tracey McCandless

Kenzo's picture

OMGREALLY wrote:
i have a question for the MORON who says Norris Street Deli is a front for drugs....Where do you get your facts from? is wrong with people now a days...A person can not own something good without MORONS assuming they are doing wrong ! GROW UP AND GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT !!

I agree that deli is ABSOLUTELY not affiliated in any way with anything nefarious.

Especially between 10:30AM and 2:15PM. Or on Wednesdays.

JESUS has more ethical dilemmas than any of the people you would EVER meet ANYWHERE around here. You should WORSHIP the ground we walk on near Almond and Norris. Nobody's ever gotten their house broken into EVER for ANYTHING. They just fell through their back doors by accident BECAUSE THEY WERE TOO BUSY TRYING TO **STAY RIGHTEOUS**.

WE'VE LIVED HERE ON THIS BLOCK FOR SEVEN-THOUSAND- -YEARS AND NUTHIN'S EVER HAPPENED ON THIS BLOCK EVER NOW EVERYONE SHUD DA HELL UP!!!

OK... Now... does anybody want to talk about the 2 poor people who had their houses broken into on the same block, on the same week, in winter, behind the Deli?

Or are we gonna go on about this for 25 more pages?

On the advice of someone who probably queened-out, this signature has been deleted.

Ardic_Splash's picture

tracey mccandless wrote:
This is the best place to live and not one of you can deny that fact. Fishtown has always stood on its own and will stand for Hundreds of years to come. . We are a strong neighborhood.
We know we live in the best neighborhood in Philly. No more need to defend it. We're too proud for that!!!!

ummm...I'm kind of sure that is most of our points. This is the best neighborhood in Philly, however there are certain individuals who feel the need to steal, litter, graffiti and otherwise drag down Fishtown's awesomeness.

Kenzo's picture

tracey mccandless wrote:
Has anyone given a single thought to the High rate of theft in the month of December, Everywhere, USA? This economy is at it's worst. People are desperate here and everywhere. I'm Sick of defending My neighborhood. This is the best place to live and not one of you can deny that fact. Fishtown has always stood on its own and will stand for Hundreds of years to come. . We are a strong neighborhood.
I am proud of my neighbors, family and friends who find ways to correct situations, instead of complaining about this and that behind a computer. I have lived at Almond and Norris my entire life. I loved it so much i bought the house across from my parents. Stay proud Fishtown, Don't let people try to bring you down. We know we live in the best neighborhood in Philly. No more need to defend it. We're too proud for that!!!!

Tracey! Finally, a sight for sore eyes!

600 posts about a stupid deli, when all someone is worried about is what's going on where they live. I guess after "DasFish" framed their post the way he/she did, the hornet's nest was bound to open after that.

I wish we could go ONE day... just ONE, without lame excuses and instead WORK on answers for a change.

You know, just one day.

On the advice of someone who probably queened-out, this signature has been deleted.

stein's picture

tracey mccandless wrote:
This economy is at it's worst.

ummm... by pretty much every measure it was way worse in 2009

Ken Milano (before he went and edited this comment out to avoid the consequences of having wrote it) wrote:
I don’t have much sympathy for renters, for me, they are non citizens

tracey mccandless's picture

Ummmmmmmmmmmm. I think Stein is just a troublemaker. Ummmmmmmm
Your not gonna rattle me

Tracey McCandless

Leo's picture

I think we're all agreeing that this is the neighborhood where we want to live, and that we don't like crime.

So why are we arguing, again?

Mulvihill & Rushie LLC
The Fishtown Lawyers
Criminal Defense • Civil Trials
www.FishtownLaw.com
215.385.5291

Kenzo's picture

This is what I think occurred:

1. DasFish writes the following post:

Quote:
The Norris St. Deli on the NE corner of Norris and Almond...is the place a bodega for smackheads looking to get their fix? The reason for the question is because every morning on my drive to work I see "characters" hanging out on the corner curiously eyeing me up as I pass by. The same groups of guys are there just hanging out when I come back home for lunch as well. It could just be my own paranoia, but I wanted to get a feel is anyone else sensed this. My apologies to the owner if this comes across as accusatory.

DasFish wants to know more about the deli. He, or she, doesn't feel right when he/she's near it. This person is ASKING QUESTIONS.

2. I cross posted this to SSFF

3. The rumor mill outside FTUS and SSFF picks this up and the "telephone game" beings. All of a sudden, "so and so says the Deli is a smack den and is posting all your %%%% online!!!" People get mad.

4. While that's going on, I note that theft crime close to the Deli seems high this month. 3 B&E's very close to the deli, and a PPD detective was out investigating one issue out in this way.

5. Someone had the bright idea to suggest that since Operation Fishtown Scripts, crime patterns have changed because the "folks who use to hang" around there kept nonsense crime down, and now that those people are gone/scattered, it's anything goes.

6. Naturally, the rumor mill sees the post from #5 and now it's blowing even more out of proportion.

Nobody wants to talk about crime in the area or the crime victims. Everyone's trying to blow hot air.

So, apparently nobody saw nuthin' and nuthin's happening down there so nobody gives a crap.

On the advice of someone who probably queened-out, this signature has been deleted.

Ardic_Splash's picture

Purple monkey dishwasher!

Kenzo's picture

tracey mccandless wrote:
Ummmmmmmmmmmm. I think Stein is just a troublemaker. Ummmmmmmm
Your not gonna rattle me

No your assumption is pretty much right on.

On the advice of someone who probably queened-out, this signature has been deleted.

dan

"I like my way of doing it better than your way of not doing it." - D.L. Moody

CaptainStarnsSeaFood's picture

I sure do love Franco's pizza.

Pure_Fishtown's picture

Because of all the hubbub about the deli, I made it a point to go there and see for myself who was hanging outside and what it was like on the inside.

Well, there was this older woman outside smoking -- can you believe it SMOKING!!!!! Oh, and she is in a wheelchair; I didn't see any bags or compartments for her to hide the stash in.

Inside was kind of nice, I will go back there to pick up some things that I need.

Dasfish, opened a Pandora's box and should be ashamed of stereotyping people because they don't dress or look like him/her or his/her friends.

I encourage all of you to stop by the deli and make a purchase. It is the least that we can do for all the damage that might have been done to the business.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

codergrrl's picture

All I got to say, is none of this compares to Matts new avatar. I cannot look away, and yet I want to.

"Je Suis Prest"

Pure_Fishtown's picture

Thanks. I never really looked at it before. ROF

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Matt Benatar's picture

codergrrl wrote:
All I got to say, is none of this compares to Matts new avatar. I cannot look away, and yet I want to.

Jesus is everywhere.

Love is a Mattlefield.

OMGREALLY's picture

Listen i personally know the owner and the people he has working there and TRUST ME that store is not a front for anything but a man trying to hake an honest living to raise and support his son !!!

On another note there have been some houses and cars broken into maybe people should put there focus on that instead of putting FALSE info out there about a corner store.

Jordan's picture

When can we turn this thread into a musical?

A. Jordan Rushie
Fishtown Neighbors Association - Vice President
2424 East York Street, Suite 316
Philadelphia, PA 19125 215.385.LAW1 (5291)
Blog: www.phillylawblog.com
Website: www.fishtownlaw.com

Leo's picture

You have enough money to hire Trey Parker and Matt Stone?

Mulvihill & Rushie LLC
The Fishtown Lawyers
Criminal Defense • Civil Trials
www.FishtownLaw.com
215.385.5291

th's picture

i'm drunk.

You wanna dance? LET'S DANCE!

Kenzo's picture

OMGREALLY wrote:
Listen i personally know the owner and the people he has working there and TRUST ME that store is not a front for anything but a man trying to hake an honest living to raise and support his son !!!

On another note there have been some houses and cars broken into maybe people should put there focus on that instead of putting FALSE info out there about a corner store.

I only tried to steer the conversation towards the area surrounding the deli (and with a map) about eleven times.

How many times did I bring up the Breaking & Enterings near the store?

It appears we have some people who have some really poor reading comprehension skills. I blame it on the comment sort order. Since Dan changed it, you have to scroll waaaaaaaaaay to the bottom to see the current conversation, so newbies reading the thread see the early part of the conversation first.

Now I'm working on a country music diddy. I need some lyrics. All I got so far is:

"Keep your eyes off my deli...
Don'tcha look at my corner store..."

On the advice of someone who probably queened-out, this signature has been deleted.

OMGREALLY's picture

On the subject of the B/E's... My vehicle was broken into and nothing was taken. There were thousands of dollars in tools and all they did was root through the glove compartment and center consol. I do believe it kids doing it just for the simple fact nothing worth money was taken...

But any info anyone has would grately be appreciated...thx

Pure_Fishtown's picture

OMGREALLY wrote:
On the subject of the B/E's... My vehicle was broken into and nothing was taken. There were thousands of dollars in tools and all they did was root through the glove compartment and center consol. I do believe it kids doing it just for the simple fact nothing worth money was taken...

But any info anyone has would grately be appreciated...thx

FYI, we had that problem on Columbia during the summer all they took was change.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Norris street deli them selfs.'s picture

Well I'm very close to the owner of Morris street deli and the works there . And that store is NOT a front . Just cause people seat on the. Corner doesn't mean it's a front and if those guy seating on the corner are dealers it doesn't mean anything any where you go live there are drug dealer they just happen to be on the four corners of Norris and almond not just one they walk back and forth . Why don't you people who are talking crap go in that store and see for your selfs

I'm not playing games

dan

All good points, although I have to question the helpfulness of resurrecting a thread which has been dead for 11 months.

"I like my way of doing it better than your way of not doing it." - D.L. Moody

Kenzo's picture

Norris street deli them selfs. wrote:
Well I'm very close to the owner of Morris street deli and the works there . And that store is NOT a front . Just cause people seat on the. Corner doesn't mean it's a front and if those guy seating on the corner are dealers it doesn't mean anything any where you go live there are drug dealer they just happen to be on the four corners of Norris and almond not just one they walk back and forth . Why don't you people who are talking crap go in that store and see for your selfs

I've been inside the store.

On the advice of someone who probably queened-out, this signature has been deleted.

Kenzo's picture

Soul Man wrote:
All good points, although I have to question the helpfulness of resurrecting a thread which has been dead for 11 months.

They're bored and want to kick up some drama maybe?

On the advice of someone who probably queened-out, this signature has been deleted.