Neighborhood Night Out Against Crime

Friday, March 30, 2012 - 6:30pm to 8:00pm

Feel free to print out this flyer and distribute to your neighbors. It will be a cool, but clear night out. This peaceful gathering will help bring us together and also bring attention to our fight to create a safer neighborhood for our families and friends.

Comments

Kat's picture

This is great!

codergrrl's picture

Will Kenzo be making his famous fried chicken?

Kenzo's picture

Hah can't fix chicken that night it takes forever to make.

Bring coolers and sammiches and beach chairs! Kat you should bring some salsa. I can stop by Cousins and get some chips.

jbette01's picture

I will miss this :(

fuzzybottoms's picture

jbette01 wrote:
I will miss this :(

Because you'll be seeing the Hunger Games, right?

Kat's picture

Kenzo wrote:
Hah can't fix chicken that night it takes forever to make.

Bring coolers and sammiches and beach chairs! Kat you should bring some salsa. I can stop by Cousins and get some chips.

Sorry friend, opening night for my eldest in "Anything Goes" at St. Joe's Prep that night. If I have any made I will drop it at your house for you guys to enjoy :)

sdm's picture

fuzzybottoms wrote:
jbette01 wrote:
I will miss this :(

Because you'll be seeing the Hunger Games, right?

Nah, she's just a boring jerk.

Kenzo's picture

If you don't show up, Milkshake the pig will die.

Jordan's picture

Kenzo wrote:
If you don't show up, Milkshake the pig will die.

WIN

Kat's picture

You are both rotten. ROTTEN.

jbette01's picture

sdm wrote:
fuzzybottoms wrote:
jbette01 wrote:
I will miss this :(

Because you'll be seeing the Hunger Games, right?

Nah, she's just a boring jerk.

I wouldn't see the hunger games unless it meant a dinner at Vetri after.

sdm's picture

jbette01 wrote:
sdm wrote:
fuzzybottoms wrote:
jbette01 wrote:
I will miss this :(

Because you'll be seeing the Hunger Games, right?

Nah, she's just a boring jerk.

I wouldn't see the hunger games unless it meant a dinner at Vetri after.

How about Pizza Hut artisan pasta bowls instead?

kingtaco's picture

Hey neat. I've only lived in the hood a few months but this is right outside my garage door. I'll definitely come by.

jbette01's picture

sdm wrote:
jbette01 wrote:
sdm wrote:
Nah, she's just a boring jerk.

I wouldn't see the hunger games unless it meant a dinner at Vetri after.

How about Pizza Hut artisan pasta bowls instead?

I have reconsidered. Two chick-fil-a sandwiches and I'm in.

sdm's picture

jbette01 wrote:
sdm wrote:
jbette01 wrote:
sdm wrote:
Nah, she's just a boring jerk.

I wouldn't see the hunger games unless it meant a dinner at Vetri after.

How about Pizza Hut artisan pasta bowls instead?

I have reconsidered. Two chick-fil-a sandwiches and I'm in.

I can do that. When do you want to go?

Kenzo's picture

The ice cream truck will also probably pass by the intersection while we're there. The pizza truck (when it's running) comes a bit earlier than 6:30 though.

th's picture

There was just an interesting discussion on Radio Times (I think you can listen online) about the shooting in Florida. One of the guests was the head of Philly Town Watch.

Kenzo's picture

You mean Town Watch Integrated Services, right?
ref: http://www.phila.gov/townwatch/

26th District's picture

If you guys would like a representative from the 26th District to stop out for the RWCW gathering we would be happy to send someone over. Send us an e-mail at

meredith's picture

hey, 26th, since you're online, i have to tell you that one of your officers was screaming down the road that runs next to the baseball field and comes out onto huntingdon street (right by the arby's) the wrong way the other day. i almost got nailed. he didn't have his lights on or sirens or anything. it was very dangerous, and it could have been ugly had i been a few feet ahead of where i was. just an FYI. that is not very safe at all.

Kenzo's picture

26th District wrote:
If you guys would like a representative from the 26th District to stop out for the RWCW gathering we would be happy to send someone over. Send us an e-mail at

Email sent. This would be a great idea and thank you for the offer.

Asiagocheese's picture

AWESSSSSOOME!

softpretzel's picture

We need a twenty foot wall around our beloved Fistown and Lower Kensington neighborhoods.

Kat's picture

softpretzel wrote:
We need a twenty foot wall around our beloved Fistown and Lower Kensington neighborhoods.

Nah, just around you.

RiverWards CrimeWatch's picture

Update: The area surrounding the gathering has been Flyered and each of the local civics has been asked to include information in any communications that are being sent out this week.

I've invited all of the Councilpeople, Senators and State Representatives to join us. The 26th will be represented, but unfortunately, Chief Ramsey will be out of town and unable to attend. We'll be sure to fill him in on the success.

Remember, this is a peaceful demonstration. There will be no speeches, chanting or picket signs. It's a chance to meet our neighbors and build connections.

It's going to be a cool, clear night out.

Neilpuck's picture

Bump for tonight. Hope to see you all there!

Kenzo's picture

Dress warm!

jeffro's picture

See you tonight. I am covering this for the Spirit.

doyne29's picture

I can not make it out tonight, but I am looking forward to the next one! I hope you have a good turn out.

Kenzo's picture

Bump. See you there!

austen's picture

<-----The fierce dog and I will be there a little after 6:30.

sdm's picture

th and I are going to setup a few blocks away and watch the watchers.

th's picture

sdm wrote:
th and I are going to setup a few blocks away and watch the watchers.

We have binoculars. And a supersoaker.

Jordan's picture

HA! HA! WHILE YOU WERE OUT KEEPING THE CORNER SAFE I MARCHED IN AND STOLE MILKSHAKE! GUESS WHAT KIND OF BACON IS GOING IN MY CHILI ON SUNDAY?

Kenzo's picture

Hah "In Rememberance of Milkshake Chili"

We had a good turnout even though it kept getting colder and colder. Rep. Taylor stopped by to support us as well as several officers and Capt. Cram. and my AWESOME neighbors. And those were good muffins.

During the whole thing not a single ATV or dirt bike blasted down Cumberland, either. Of course it will resume as soon as it gets warm out, but I bet it was annoying that the most popular route to get to the river was temporarily detoured.

The robbery situation that's been close to Cumberland & Gaul has also decreased since this winter, and this month the amount of theft from vehicles within ORCA's area (Flatiron) went down some. Also the B/E around the Norris and Almond area between there and Aramingo has dramatically dropped off.

In more good news: SEPTA police reached an agreement this evening; they might be coming back to work soon.

dan

Come over to the law & order side - we have muffins.

sdm's picture

Jordan wrote:
HA! HA! WHILE YOU WERE OUT KEEPING THE CORNER SAFE I MARCHED IN AND STOLE MILKSHAKE! GUESS WHAT KIND OF BACON IS GOING IN MY CHILI ON SUNDAY?

That was my master plan.

th's picture

Jordan wrote:
HA! HA! WHILE YOU WERE OUT KEEPING THE CORNER SAFE I MARCHED IN AND STOLE MILKSHAKE! GUESS WHAT KIND OF BACON IS GOING IN MY CHILI ON SUNDAY?

Would that be Milkshakon?

RiverWards CrimeWatch's picture

Thank you to everyone who came out to support the night out gathering. We had 40-50 people come out in support of creating a safer neighborhood. Captain Cram and several officers joined us as well. Representative John Taylor also came by to chat with folks as well. I'm hoping to develop stronger relationships with the politicians who represent our area so that when we need something, we have advocates in our corner to assist us.

Stay tuned for the next gathering to take place in the next 4-6 weeks.

If you want to get involved, please visit www.rwcw.org and register for our email list.

Also thank you to those who have volunteered their time to serve on the board of the RWCW.