Santorum is Quitting.

"No no! You don't ask me questions! You are a rabbit! I am a human!"

how long til that other definition of santorum makes it back to the top of google searches?

hopefully, soon.

where's the picture of the daughter crying? i've been waiting for that one all campaign.

hopefully, soon.

Uh, actually she's severely ill and in the hospital ...

hopefully, soon.

Uh, actually she's severely ill and in the hospital ...

ouch.

hopefully, soon.

Uh, actually she's severely ill and in the hospital ...

Nice try. That's his 3-year old daughter that's sick. Unless he somehow has the magical power to go back in time so that the child that was a pre-teen in the infamous picture during the last election is suddenly now a toddler.

fuzzybottoms's picture

hopefully, soon.

Uh, actually she's severely ill and in the hospital ...

ouch.

Aren't these different daughters? I assumed Bozoloper was referring to the picture from a few years ago where an older daughter was crying. The one that is sick is just a couple of years old.

hopefully, soon.

Uh, actually she's severely ill and in the hospital ...

No, that's the youngest one, Isabella, who has trisomy 18, and was born in 2008.

The crying kid is in her teens now.

Oh. Sorry. Carry on.

ah, thanks! i don't feel like a big jerk, now.

ah, thanks! i don't feel like a big jerk, now.

Did you really feel like that big of a jerk before the confusion was cleared up?

always sorry for a parent with a sick child but I cannot believe that RS made it this far or that his reason for leaving is genuine. He is a zealot and an embarrassment to American politics. His views are hateful, ignorant and wholly un-Christian. That he was entertained for so long is frightening. I hope his child recovers and he wanes into obscurity.

lighterthief wrote:

I too hope his child recovers. From both her illness and rearing.

Cutter's picture

Saw lots of Santorum signs on lawns when i drove around bucks county last weekend. This state is the worst.

rinobio's picture

I too hope his child recovers. From both her illness and rearing.

Yes to that.

Coder's picture

lighterthief wrote:

I don't believe his reasons are genuine. If he lost the vote here, (after being drummed out of the state previously), it would not bode well for any future political aspirations. Two major losses in your home state doesn't look very good. He's certainly not done feeding at the public trough.

"No no! You don't ask me questions! You are a rabbit! I am a human!"

Coder wrote:
lighterthief wrote:

The most terrifying thing is the article I read yesterday where some nobody made a passing comment about him getting the H&HS Cabinet position. I threw up a bit, then my dog happily ate it.

fuzzybottoms's picture

rinobio wrote:
I too hope his child recovers. From both her illness and rearing.

Yes to that.

The saddest thing about this is that children with Trisomy 18 do not recover and very few live to see their teenage years.
I don't agree with Santorum's politics or his opinion on many things, but I do think it's admirable for him to not continue to campaign if his daughter's condition is worsening.