It Always Comes in Threes

"If a child is to keep alive his inborn sense of wonder, he needs the companionship of at least one adult who can share it, rediscovering with him the joy, the excitement, and the mystery of the world we live in." --Rachel Carlson

such an amazing musician. i was lucky to see him twice; even though he wasn't singing, he could still play the drums amazingly. RIP, levon.

BREAKING NEWS: old people die

Ftownzzz's picture

i always think the 3rd will be Zsa Zsa but she just keeps going !

Neilpuck's picture

Multi-instrumentalist Greg Ham, known best for his work in Australian pop band Men at Work, has been found dead in his home near Melbourne, according to numerous reports out of Australia. Ham's body was found by two friends who grew concerned after not hearing from the artist for a week, according to The Australian.

I was actually a big fan of Men At Work and had the good fortune to meet Greg Ham at a hard rock cafe in LA many years ago.

jeffro's picture

BREAKING NEWS: old people die

Stein - how old are you? Also, when are you gonna get old? No more questions.

dmandy's picture

BREAKING NEWS: old people die

When I read this, i thought what a sad, miserable life this person must have if he felt that it was necessary to post this. Even sadder if he thought it was funny.

He was the real deal.

I gotta agree with Stein on this one. I detest cheap sentiment.

sandi

2014 york wrote:
I gotta agree with Stein on this one. I detest cheap sentiment.

As opposed to?

Coder's picture

Really liked him. Just watched the "Last Waltz" again a couple months ago. Reminded me all over why I liked the Band.

2014 york wrote:
I gotta agree with Stein on this one. I detest cheap sentiment.

Please send $30 c/o Summerfield.

dmandy's picture

2014 york wrote:
I gotta agree with Stein on this one. I detest cheap sentiment.

I agree that sometime people make too much of a fuss when some people die but stein's post just struck me as sad. Yes, old people There is nothing wrong with acknowledging their lives and being sad that they are gone.

sandi wrote:
2014 york wrote:
I gotta agree with Stein on this one. I detest cheap sentiment.

As opposed to?

I shouldn't have commented. Don't really want to get into a silly argument. I think it's perfectly understandable to express grief when you lose someone you know. People tend to get a bit caught up in the deaths of celebrities or others that make the news, that they don't know.

Wegmans. Cuban Sandwich. Sarah Palin.

biggeo's picture

AWESOME, Jeff

Stupid otters.

gauler's picture

RIP Levon.

____________
Interrupted

Sally's picture

Everybody dies..........lately it appears the youngsters are knocking on heaven's door before the "oldsters...........just a thought

Criminals,Not Society,Are Responsible for Crime........if Your Killer is Only Fifteen ,Are You Any Less Dead ?.................

My imaginary friend caught me talking to myself so now he is refusing to talk to me

got to see levon twice with his own band and once with the band at folk fest as a kid. all three were great shows. at folk fest they went on after some atrociously slow act. they opened with "the shape i'm in". levon got an entire field dancing in under 2 minutes. after the song he leaned back from his drums grinning and went "weeeeeeeeee'll, i guess we're the party that brought the party."

the band is the first musical act from my parents' generation i ever got into. they made me realize that maybe my parents actually listened to some good music. sad to see him go. i'd been hoping to catch him at a festival this summer.

i'd been hoping to catch him at a festival this summer.

maybe Coachella next year

i'd been hoping to catch him at a festival this summer.

maybe Coachella next year

fo' realz. you can't put out a hologram as your closing headliner. sadly, i think the hologram did a better job than snoop.

i'd been hoping to catch him at a festival this summer.

maybe Coachella next year

That hologram is more real than 99% of all rappers that are currently still alive. Regardless, watching that performance made me sick to my stomach and sets a horrible precedent for the future.

I thought the technology was awesome.
I was bummed it was used to embody wasted talent.

i'd been hoping to catch him at a festival this summer.

maybe Coachella next year

aw, c'mon. 99% is a bit harsh. we still have mc hammer and everlast.

Coder's picture

The only thing that makes me sad about seeing famous people dying is that its a little part of my past going with them. And the thought that it won't be long before I follow.