HH Tonight Friday May 25

Anybody down?

Anybody left in town not skipping out of town for the weekend?

Coder's picture

Been waiting for this thread. Don't know what's up, but interested in knowing options.
Suggestions?

"No no! You don't ask me questions! You are a rabbit! I am a human!"

i get out of work early today. i could actually walk the dog and make it somewhere by a legitimate happy hour time.

Murphs?

My favorite bars are PRPH and Interstate but I will drink anywhere where there is cold beer and I can lift my drink to my mouth without bumping somebody

Coder's picture

I'm definitely going to Murphs Sunday...I cancelled my family BBQ to fit it in the schedule. Hope my relatives can find somewhere else to go. Gotta have your priorities in order.

"No no! You don't ask me questions! You are a rabbit! I am a human!"

lighterthief wrote:

Interstate would be good, but the weather is looking a bit iffy for outside seating this afternoon. Obviously I'd recommend PRPH but a lot of people seem to be terrified of going north of Lehigh.

lighterthief wrote:

i haven't been to the pour house in a bit. i'd be interested. it can be pretty tight in there, though.

lighterthief wrote:

Yeah but you know only the same 5 or 6 of us are going to show up.

memphis's picture

Old Philly bar for me.

"We have two evils to fight, capitalism and racism. We must destroy both racism and capitalism."

how about the cherry st. tavern around 1:30?

lighterthief wrote:

justifiably, but the beer quality-to-price ratio makes taking your life in your hands worth it

how about the cherry st. tavern around 1:30?

You've gotta plan the Cherry St. day a bit more in advance. Today would be a good day, but I have a Sword of Damocles situation at work right now and can't wander too far.

lighterthief wrote:

Comments like that (not based on any truth whatsoever) don't help draw people there.

Coder's picture

If you're scared to go North of Lehigh, you might as well just lock your door, sit in your house and die.
We have no use for you.
Geez....

"No no! You don't ask me questions! You are a rabbit! I am a human!"

lighterthief wrote:

i was trying to use sarcasm font but failed. No it is not a scary bar in the least. also when i quote a post it puts me in the quite too. i give up

lighterthief wrote:

I'm frightened only by the lack of food.

lighterthief wrote:

You're bad at the Internet. I'll go wherever has the most likelihood of getting some of you anti-social people out of the woodwork. Crap, now it's happenign to me too.

Newcomer wrote:
lighterthief wrote:

I'm frightened only by the lack of food.

Right, because it's not possible at all to eat before or after. And they do have hot dogs and slim jims.

I assume they are cool with ordering wings or a pizza to the bar as well?

Yes, but I am going to see the owner this afternoon and I will double check. But again, I'd rather go someplace else if it is going to draw out more HH newbies.

I'm cool with Murph's if it is not going to be a madhouse.

I have a meeting at 4, but I am down afterwards. What time are we thinking?

Don't rush, this has all the makings of ending in disaster.

Don't rush, this has all the makings of ending in disaster.

let's go somewhere with a dart board so i can kick your butt again :)

Coder's picture

Yes...this is gonna be a wait until later and start texting night.

"No no! You don't ask me questions! You are a rabbit! I am a human!"

anthony's has both food and darts. actually screw happy hour, let's do a frankford/girard ave beer crawl. we can start at atlantis and work our way to interstate.

I say YES to this, a wealth of particulars.

That's fine, but that means we stop everywhere on Frankford. I don't want to hear any complaining when we go to Bob's HH.

One drink - there - only one.

milkbox's picture

...
if you wind up @Atlantis around 6 I might be there trying to guess who you all are.

austen wrote:

One drink - there - only one.

I was anticipating you commenting on this. If we're doing a crawl, it's one drink period, everywhere we stop.

austen wrote:

One drink - there - only one.

yes, only one beer. at bob's it will be a pony.

i'm going to kick things off by pouring a 40 on the curb outside of o'r's around 4.

are we stopping at that bizarre place that's been for sale forever and the fishtown tavern?

austen wrote:

One drink - there - only one.

yes, only one beer. at bob's it will be a pony.

I plan to only have ponies at every place. Do you have any idea how many bars sit on your proposed route?

ponies until johnny b's. by that point i'll probably be really sick of high life.

is someone going to provide updates as you move along for latecomers?

This sounds like the FUS version of the Erin Express

By that point I'll probably be really sick of all of you.

Whatcha getting at Frankford Hall?

Newcomer wrote:

Whatcha getting at Frankford Hall?

A pretzel.

lighterthief wrote:
is someone going to provide updates as you move along for latecomers?

This sounds like the FUS version of the Erin Express

yes, sdm will be providing play by play updates throughout the evening.

i'm really serious about this. maybe we should limit it to just frankford or girard ave. we could save the other beer crawl for another evening.

So, start at OR's and try to make it to Barcade?

lighterthief wrote:
is someone going to provide updates as you move along for latecomers?

This sounds like the FUS version of the Erin Express

yes, sdm will be providing play by play updates throughout the evening.

Well I will be for my 169 twitter followers and foursquare friends.

So, start at OR's and try to make it to Barcade?

sold!

Concur, lets just try and go from O'Reillys straight down to the casino.

do you think we could get one of the horse stables to provide us with transportation?

Concur, lets just try and go from O'Reillys straight down to the casino.

can we wrap things up with 40s in penn treaty?

I like both this idea and the horse-based transportation idea. Now let's pick a starting time.

should be home around 2. i gotta get the dog out for a bit. 4?

Can we make it 4:30?

works for me.

o'r's
atlantis
bob's
nut hut
the weird bar that's for sale
fishtown tavern
frankford hall
jb's
barcade
barbary
sugarhouse
penn treaty

Awesome. Now if only I had clean underwear.

Also, I will update this thread each time we head to a new bar.

we may need to trim the list in the middle or i'll never get home tonight. i could skip the fishtown tavern and frankford hall.

I fully expect to wake up in the scruff near PTP tomorrow

I'm going to try to make 4:30 happen.

if we stick to ponies and session beers it should be fine. id love to say we went to frankford hall but not actually go. but if we do this, we have to commit.

Coder's picture

This is starting to sound like the parade I've been wishing for.

"No no! You don't ask me questions! You are a rabbit! I am a human!"

i'm going to do my best. the list gets a little pricey towards the end. gotta save some money for the rest of the weekend.

Coder wrote:
This is starting to sound like the parade I've been wishing for.

if we could just get the horses. didn't there used to be someone on here that worked for one of the stables?

i'm going to do my best..

That's all anyone can ask for.

Coder wrote:
This is starting to sound like the parade I've been wishing for.

I'll look into it.

My friend Lauren works for one of them, not sure if it's the one around here though. I'll ask her during our next round of drawsomething.

next round of drawsomething.

So, Sword of Damocles situation averted?

austen wrote:
next round of drawsomething.

So, Sword of Damocles situation averted?

It's beginning to look that way. I think everyone has basically checked out at this point for the long weekend.

If you freaks manage to make it to JB's I'll be upstairs working after 8. Would love to finally put faces to some of these names. Come up and say hi or find me elsewhere in there doing absolutely nothing of importance.

I shower regulary and use Listerine Arctic Mint, too, in case there are any concerns.

We could probably pace ourselves to be there around 8. Is it ticketed upstairs tonight?

Yeah, there's a cover and it's a friend playing BUT no charge to come up and say hi. If you guys are downstairs I could probably take a break and at least drop by. Newcomer knows me (to her eternal regret).

I'm actually there a little after 7...but not really planted up there until 8.

If it doesn't work out timewise I'm planning on 'Meet the Neighbors' anyway (even though I'm not a neighbor anymore). I'm weird like that.

george wrote:

With these and very much extra benefits. :)

We'll try to catch you on the way up or back.

We'll try to catch you on the way up or back.

Cool. Should have added that I'm there ALL night so feel free to drop by if you're still standing!

george wrote:
We'll try to catch you on the way up or back.

Not so much standing, but more of a walking dead type movement.

george wrote:
We'll try to catch you on the way up or back.

Not so much standing, but more of a walking dead type movement.

Sugarhouse has $2 beers until 8. I think the timing will be perfect.

lighterthief wrote:
is someone going to provide updates as you move along for latecomers?

This sounds like the FUS version of the Erin Express

yes, sdm will be providing play by play updates throughout the evening.

Well I will be for my 169 twitter followers and foursquare friends.

I'll try to remember to update with where we're at.

guess I am going to have to lose my twitter virginity tonight, had to happen sometime I feel ready

Don't be frightened.

I'm not "scared" just a little nervous and excited... also sometimes my droid shuts down unexpextedly

I broke twitter, there will be no feed.

I broke twitter, there will be no feed.

I can't believe you started a twitter acct for a pub crawl.

It's 2012,totally normal. Also, my scale has wifi.

Off to Atlantis.

Leaving for Bobs in 5.

Coder's picture

I hope pictures accompany this romp.

"No no! You don't ask me questions! You are a rabbit! I am a human!"

Nut Hutchinson. Genny cream on tap.

My kitchen. Genny cream in cans.

Heading to that scary bar that's been for sale for a fortnight. Rolling 8 strong. Come swell the ranks.

Moving on from "eat our fine food " bar to Fishtown Tavern in like five.

It's actually called Rick's Dyer's Bar. Not too bad. Moving on...

Done with the updates. If you wanted to come out you'd be here by now.

Johnny Brenda's to say hello to GEORGE!

ronchito's picture

Rode past the pub crawl @ Dyers -- everyone seemed to be standing strong @ that point.

I made it to Sugar House. Austen made it 85% of the way, and Jill picked up the slack.

Also, my cab driver, who looked like Cee-lo, sang me beautiful opera the whole ride home. Great night with great people, I only wish some more of you would have come out.

austen wrote:
Johnny Brenda's to say hello to GEORGE!

George wanted to stay downstairs and have a drink!

Brief but pleasurable. Sorry I had to be in 'work mode' when you guys showed up.

Next time come upstairs (I know the bartenders)

nice to meet george and thew new owner of Fishtown Tavern
Rick's Dwyer's not so scary after all

This has reminded me of Shenanigans. Need an update to what's going on with their building. Not going to ask about an opening date because well... we know how that goes.

Yeah that came up last night. I'll try and take a walk over to the existing one later today and see if the owners are there. The last time, when they came to the Nut Hut (has Genny Cream Ale on tap btw), they said by the All Star break which is just about 6 weeks from now.

Had it been tonight I would have joined. Got my first non-vacation Saturday off in forever. What do people do with these things called "weekends" anyway?

george wrote:

We stay inside and look at pictures of cats on the Internet.

We stay inside and look at pictures of cats on the Internet.

Oddly compelling.

If I can combine that with some quality Chewbacca viewing I may investigate this practice.

Weekends are cool.

Coder's picture

I heard ambulances last night, and thought of you guys.

"No no! You don't ask me questions! You are a rabbit! I am a human!"

Yeah, no kidding! Thought of you guys last night when I heard about it at work. Just bizarre.