redlight district frankford ave

taking a survey to rename frankford avenue , north of york street to lehigh avenue the redlight district !

austen's picture

Aaaand the troll is back. You....have been missed.

HAZMAT's picture

Ughhhhhhh the profanity filter keeps my true thoughts in check !
But I will ask this did you not see the thread just for you and your cousins ?

To be ones self and unafraid, right or wrong, is more admirable than the easy cowardice of surrender to conformaty. Irving Wallace.

mickeymouse's picture

oh, its not the forgotten land and smack dead in the center is of the red light district is nkcdc north of york st. we have used oven and washer store, across the street is the (kensington arms) weekly rental/rooming house next block up we do have a beakon of light the brewery and the lost bar across from the lost bar we have a revival southern church that meets ones a month (people come by bus loads) further up the block we have a defunked vfw post empty lots (owned by nkcdc) and across the street we have the now closed mendez realestate, going further north we have the currently being rehabbed in the middle of the night because of no permits pizza shop (ex open air drug market) that was driectly across the street from the famed walking fish (burles night brings out all the creepers) up the block we have the famous nkcdc who also has vacant falling down buildings ajouning their rear property and two directly across the street (you know they walk on water) going further up we have murder mart where you can stand in line for hours waiting for the methadon patient to wake up to count there change across the street we have a vfw post that is always good for a fistfight when the party is over still heading north we have a bodega where the wine bums hang on the side for shade but there you can still get a loosy cig for 25cents (cheaper than woos) a few more abandos and closed stores as we cross huntington st we now enter the shooting gallery section (sterno and icedtea yum) this is where you go when you didnt work your hole life and you have no social security (fyi they also voted for nutter and obama) as we wrap up the tour north we have woods brothers the gas station the is not self serve (feed the homeless) and to finish the tour we have the dont know if it is open or closed irish pub hope you enjoyed the redlight district tour.

Coder's picture

The church has services every Thursday night.
Loosie smokes for .25 cents...that's a 50% discount!
Stop crying.

mickeymouse's picture

Coder wrote:
The church has services every Thursday night.
Loosie smokes for .25 cents...that's a 50% discount!
Stop crying.

no sorry to correct that is the na/aa meeting it wraps up early thursdays for the blody mary specials across the street !

HAZMAT's picture

And your contribution is?

To be ones self and unafraid, right or wrong, is more admirable than the easy cowardice of surrender to conformaty. Irving Wallace.

Coder's picture

mickeymouse wrote:
Coder wrote:
The church has services every Thursday night.
Loosie smokes for .25 cents...that's a 50% discount!
Stop crying.

no sorry to correct that is the na/aa meeting it wraps up early thursdays for the blody mary specials across the street !

You're talking out of your anus.

austen's picture

mickeymouse wrote:
Coder wrote:
The church has services every Thursday night.
Loosie smokes for .25 cents...that's a 50% discount!
Stop crying.

no sorry to correct that is the na/aa meeting it wraps up early thursdays for the blody mary specials across the street !

Um - no.

lighterthief's picture

Feed the homeless, not the trolls!

Empty factories to the east and all our waste
The shape of things that came shows on the broken workers face

Coder's picture

I'm bored, ornery, (correct that, more ornery than usual), and looking for a fight.
I'll get in trouble if I argue with anyone else.

dan

Terminology fail.
Redlight districts are defined by being centers for the sex trade.
Despite not being a fan, I don't think occasional burlesque shows at Walking Fish fulfills that requirement.

Godwin was basically a Nazi.

Coder's picture

They got the name from the railroad men putting their red lanterns outside, so the crews could find them when the trains were ready to go again.

mickeymouse's picture

we have that covered kenso still brings in young men (boys) all hours of the day

Coder's picture

I'd step very carefully if I were you, troll.

HAZMAT's picture

mickeymouse wrote:
we have that covered kenso still brings in young men (boys) all hours of the day

Shut your face !

To be ones self and unafraid, right or wrong, is more admirable than the easy cowardice of surrender to conformaty. Irving Wallace.

dan

mickeymouse wrote:
we have that covered kenso still brings in young men (boys) all hours of the day

Totally uncalled for.
Buh bye.

Godwin was basically a Nazi.

HAZMAT's picture

Soul Man wrote:
mickeymouse wrote:
we have that covered kenso still brings in young men (boys) all hours of the day

Totally uncalled for.
Buh bye.

CAN WE GET AN " AMEN "

To be ones self and unafraid, right or wrong, is more admirable than the easy cowardice of surrender to conformaty. Irving Wallace.

sdm's picture

HAZMAT wrote:
Soul Man wrote:
mickeymouse wrote:
we have that covered kenso still brings in young men (boys) all hours of the day

Totally uncalled for.
Buh bye.

CAN WE GET AN " AMEN "

Sure.

Neatly chiseled, well groomed, drop dead handsome face.

HAZMAT's picture

sdm wrote:
HAZMAT wrote:
Soul Man wrote:
mickeymouse wrote:
we have that covered kenso still brings in young men (boys) all hours of the day

Totally uncalled for.
Buh bye.

CAN WE GET AN " AMEN "

" CLASSIC. "

Sure.

To be ones self and unafraid, right or wrong, is more admirable than the easy cowardice of surrender to conformaty. Irving Wallace.

Pure_Fishtown's picture

As much as I liked Lou Rawls, let's go with the classic that can never be beat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn6w255CGkk

FREE Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

george's picture

mickeymouse wrote:
further up the block we have a defunked vfw post

Sorry to hear that.

austen's picture

Loss of "de funk" is an absolute tragedy.

Neilpuck's picture

On a day like today, it's important that everyone de-funk.

george's picture

austen wrote:
Loss of "de funk" is an absolute tragedy.

I see you've also been to Cinnaminson.

ForeverChanges's picture

I think Troll-y Mouse was trying to draw attention to problem areas that need tending to along Frankford Ave.

But since he/she can only articulate in Troll-speak, nothing constructive is ever communicated.
Troll posts share a common characteristic of pointing at random stuff and saying what amounts to "Look!! Bad!!!"

I think the 'tour' portion of the Troll's thread may have been an attempt at 'gallows humor'? (ie. so sad, it's funny) Again, I'm just guessing here.
The reader is left with the task of filling in the gaping logistical holes and hopefully interpreting the Troll's original message correctly.

So let me give it a try.
What follows is the Troll post, roughly translated from Troll to English:

" There are pockets of Frankford Ave. where drugs, vacant lots and shady establishments exsist. Additionally the NKCDC, in spite of all its neighborhood booster-ism and high profile clout, have let properties which they allegedly control languish and decay.

What can be done about this myriad of bad situations along a corridor for which so much has been promised by way of a burgeoning 'Arts Corridor'?

I submit to you that a casual observer could be forgiven for mistaking these few blocks for some kind of 'Red Light District' if you will. The area is quite a magnet for undesirables, after all.

Is there some governmental body I could perhaps contact? Perhaps a local law enforcement representative? Or even an online form or three digit help-line (similar to, say, '4-1-1') that myself and my neighbors could submit to the proper authorities in order to draw some attention to these ongoing problems?"

Kenzo's picture

Is it just me or half of everyone's avatars refuse to load?

On the advice of someone who probably queened-out, this signature has been deleted.

austen's picture

It's not just you.

th's picture

ForeverChanges wrote:
Is there some governmental body I could perhaps contact? Perhaps a local law enforcement representative? Or even an online form or three digit help-line (similar to, say, '4-1-1') that myself and my neighbors could submit to the proper authorities in order to draw some attention to these ongoing problems?"

I was with you up till this. I don't get the impression that trolly-mouse has any desire to actually act or take a personal stake.

I interpret a lot of the troll posts this way: You people are always talking about making things better and working towards that end, but look at how bad things still are - hahahahahaha.

You wanna dance? LET'S DANCE!

george's picture

Let's mock the avatarless.

Nyah! Nyah!

sdm's picture

george wrote:
Let's mock the avatarless.

Nyah! Nyah!

Neatly chiseled, well groomed, drop dead handsome face.

ForeverChanges's picture

th wrote:
ForeverChanges wrote:
Is there some governmental body I could perhaps contact? Perhaps a local law enforcement representative? Or even an online form or three digit help-line (similar to, say, '4-1-1') that myself and my neighbors could submit to the proper authorities in order to draw some attention to these ongoing problems?"

I was with you up till this. I don't get the impression that trolly-mouse has any desire to actually act or take a personal stake.

I interpret a lot of the troll posts this way: You people are always talking about making things better and working towards that end, but look at how bad things still are - hahahahahaha.

I know, I was editorializing the Troll's post a bit.
It is what I would HOPE the Troll would want to say. But yes, you are probably correct.

ronchito's picture

Kenzo wrote:
Is it just me or half of everyone's avatars refuse to load?

http://fishtown.us/content/forum/please-dont-try-updating-your-avatar-until-further-notice

Chris in Kenzington's picture

It would be awesome if Frankford Ave had a red light the quality of Oude Nieuwstraat in Amsterdam

2014 york's picture

Nothing wrong with that stretch of Frankford that wouldn't be cured if the QwickStop were to suddenly vanish.

Lauraska's picture

2014 york wrote:
Nothing wrong with that stretch of Frankford that wouldn't be cured if the QwickStop were to suddenly vanish.

100% agreed. The owner is by far the worst person I've encountered since moving here.

simmer's picture

On a recent trip to Amsterdam our tour guide said and I read in many places that the red light is used to disguise any imperfections. The red light lights but not enough to show any problems. Also on a side note, all the train station bathrooms have blue lights. Thats because needle junkies can't find veins in blue light.

Phillykenzo's picture

If only the Quick Stop would vanish, sighs.

ExUnit4's picture

It isn't the store we need to get rid of. It's the customers and their employee's / owner that cover for them.

Speak softly, the dashboard cam has a very sensative microphone