Good Drink

I am going for a glass of Pliny the Elder at Kraftwork around 4:30 if anyone cares to join. This is not a HH, just stopping by to finally try it while I'm out running errands.

I might drop by.

They had Southern Tier Pumking on this year. I almost cried. They wouldn't give me a growler of it, though. :(

A. Jordan Rushie
Attorney and Counselor at Law
2424 East York Street, Suite 316
Philadelphia, PA 19125 215.385.LAW1 (5291)
Blog: www.phillylawblog.com
Website: www.fishtownlaw.com

I've tried to bribe them into giving me growlers of things they aren't supposed to, hasn't worked out thus far. Not sure what I'll fill up with today. Trying to read their tiny menus they post to FB makes my eyes bleed.

pliny is one of my favorite beers. the younger is amazing as well, even better perhaps, but is extremely hard to find. i even have a pliny the elder sweatshirt that i got while we were at the brewery in 2009 :)

Warning: Blaspheme.

Pliny doesnt really do it for me. I think its way overhyped.

Also, you can usually find Kraftwork's lineup on Philly Tap Finder. http://phillytapfinder.com/bar-kraftwork.php Ugh, there are 4 or 5 things on now that I'd *really* like to try, but alas I stopped at Total Wine on my way home last night and have empty pockets.

If you see me walking around drinking a big bottle of Allagash Four, I just paid off my car.

Warning: Blaspheme.

Pliny doesnt really do it for me. I think its way overhyped.

were you the one that didn't like the great lakes burning river?

Warning: Blaspheme.

Pliny doesnt really do it for me. I think its way overhyped.

were you the one that didn't like the great lakes burning river?

Yeah, that's me. A part of me thinks the exclusivity associated with the Younger becomes overenthusiam for the Elder. Or maybe I am a snobby beer jerk. Both possible.

Warning: Blaspheme.

Pliny doesnt really do it for me. I think its way overhyped.

were you the one that didn't like the great lakes burning river?

i was just wondering if you don't like double ipas in general or these two specifically.

Laws - I think I want to try this for the name alone: HeBrew Jewbelation Fifteen

burning river is an APA

Warning: Blaspheme.

Pliny doesnt really do it for me. I think its way overhyped.

were you the one that didn't like the great lakes burning river?

i'm a snobby beer jerk and i do not think pliny is overhyped. allagash, on the other hand... ;)

burning river is an APA

ah, you're right. i was thinking of the lake erie monster. i like both of them. i'm pretty impressed with great lakes across the board.

austen wrote:

Oh no Austen, I prefer the Fourteen...
Man, I wish I knew half as much about anything as you guys seem to know about beer.

I'm glad we can get their beers easily over here now. When I was in pittsburgh they were all over and i drank a lot of their eliot ness and edmund fitzgerald. then i moved to philly and it was all *crickets* up until the last year or so.

i'd seen it around some, but never really tried much of it until a couchsurfer brought us a sixpack from cincinnati. after that i started noticing it more, i don't know if i just wasn't looking before.

austen wrote:

It's good, I got it as part of my Beer of the Month shipment back in September.

austen wrote:

Oh no Austen, I prefer the Fourteen...

I don't pretend to know anything about beer, except what I like and I don't like. :-)

That, and I'll try anything (careful) once.

meredith wrote:
Warning: Blaspheme.

Pliny doesnt really do it for me. I think its way overhyped.

were you the one that didn't like the great lakes burning river?

Actually on their year round beers I agree with you. On the collabs and seasonals though, I'm a fan. Really liked Deux Brasseurs and Confluence.

FYI they have Shackamaximum on draft at Murph's and they're serving it in pint glasses.

That's one of my favorite winter beers. A little boozy, though.

Also, I am very impressed with Barcade's beer selection. It's one of the best. The bartender who works there, I forget her name, really knew her stuff, too.

A. Jordan Rushie
Attorney and Counselor at Law
2424 East York Street, Suite 316
Philadelphia, PA 19125 215.385.LAW1 (5291)
Blog: www.phillylawblog.com
Website: www.fishtownlaw.com

Jordan wrote:

That's one of my favorite winter beers. A little boozy, though.

Yeah I really was just picking out beers at random because I had not heard of most of them before.

i'm pretty impressed with great lakes across the board.

Yes. I had the most delicious GL stout at JB not too long ago.

Atomic Larry's picture

I stopped at Total Wine on my way home last night and have empty pockets.

picked me up some 750s of Karmeliet and St. Bernardus Tripel from total wine last week! ...now for some moules frites to go along with it.

This beer is everything I hoped it would be. It's like Racer 5 turned up to 11.