Quizzo

Lets get back to important issues of the day.

Its one again tomorrow, I presume. (I still abstain from the FB)

"Je Suis Prest"

codergrrl's picture

Its on...still.

"Je Suis Prest"

austen's picture

like Donkey Kong.

bozoloper's picture

might do tacos tonight, we're most likely in for tomorrow.

nothin' bring you down like your hometown.

sdm's picture

bozoloper wrote:
might do tacos tonight, we're most likely in for tomorrow.

If you make the taco decision in a timely manner let me know. I wish I could find out what type of tacos they were selling, don't want to risk getting the really bad softshell ones they sometimes throw out there.

From welfare to Mayfair.

codergrrl's picture

Aren't they like fifty cents?

"Je Suis Prest"

bozoloper's picture

interstate draft house's tacito tuesday was pretty good. some craft beers for $3, and the tacitos were tasty (i found the chicken filling a little bland).

nothin' bring you down like your hometown.

bozoloper's picture

taquito.

nothin' bring you down like your hometown.

sdm's picture

codergrrl wrote:
Aren't they like fifty cents?

It's more going down there, finding out they're the crap tacos and then having to leave to go find dinner elsewhere when it's already 7 o'clock. Just a waste of time.

From welfare to Mayfair.

codergrrl's picture

There are other things on the menu, are there not?
Speaking of Taco, though, we need a Pez Holiday Happy Hour, at some point.
And, I wanted to know if you've ever been to Fago de Chao, (after I read your review of Butcher & Singers)
I've heard it was a carnivores dream.

"Je Suis Prest"

bozoloper's picture

you have to explore your option further and demand satisfaction. seth said sometimes they have the hard shells in the back if you ask for them. he also offered to crisp the soft shells up on the griddle. i'm trying to get them to make a soft shell hard shell combo with refried beans in between.

i believe the soft shells were introduced at the request of th.

nothin' bring you down like your hometown.

sdm's picture

I'm not going to pretend I love their menu. I have never been to Fogo de Chao but I have been to other Brazilian Steakhouses. Fogo de Chao basically has the same offerings for lunch as they do dinner but at 1/2 the cost. So if I ever do go, it will be for a mid-day meat coma.

From welfare to Mayfair.

sdm's picture

sdm wrote:
I'm not going to pretend I love their menu. I have never been to Fogo de Chao but I have been to other Brazilian Steakhouses. Fogo de Chao basically has the same offerings for lunch as they do dinner but at 1/2 the cost. So if I ever do go, it will be for a mid-day meat coma.

Their = O'reillys.

From welfare to Mayfair.

codergrrl's picture

Still better than peanuts and slim jims.

"Je Suis Prest"

bozoloper's picture

someone needs to give them a class in veggie chopping. if i get one more inch thick slab of onion, i'm never ordering that chicken sandwich again.

nothin' bring you down like your hometown.

sdm's picture

I've already eaten way too much beef jerky today, if such a thing exists.

From welfare to Mayfair.

sdm's picture

I'm out, need to give these antibiotics a few days to work their magic before the weekend.

From welfare to Mayfair.

Neilpuck's picture

I really want to, but I have to bake cookies and wrap gifts for the FNA Holiday Party tomorrow night.

bozoloper's picture

these are all poor excuses, guys. it's a known fact whiskey and antibiotics cure anything, and there's a whole aisle of cookies at the new superfresh.

nothin' bring you down like your hometown.

codergrrl's picture

I'm really just wondering why antibiotics? So many possibilities. They're really bad for you, you know.

"Je Suis Prest"

sdm's picture

Had I not just started on them this morning it'd be different, but this has been going on and off for two weeks now and I need it to go away.

From welfare to Mayfair.

sdm's picture

codergrrl wrote:
I'm really just wondering why antibiotics? So many possibilities. They're really bad for you, you know.

Because they have a proven track record of making me healthy.

From welfare to Mayfair.

th's picture

codergrrl wrote:
I'm really just wondering why antibiotics? So many possibilities. They're really bad for you, you know.

The clap is bad for you too, so really it's the lesser of 2 evils.

You wanna dance? LET'S DANCE!

bozoloper's picture

i have to take a friend to levittown to drop off a car, it may cut into quizzo time.

nothin' bring you down like your hometown.

th's picture

Got an extremely sick wife. We may be headed to the ER in a bit, so we're out ... if that passes the bozo requirement.

You wanna dance? LET'S DANCE!

sdm's picture

th wrote:
codergrrl wrote:
I'm really just wondering why antibiotics? So many possibilities. They're really bad for you, you know.

The clap is bad for you too, so really it's the lesser of 2 evils.

Funny you say that. Conversation from this morning:

Me: throat has been jacked for almost two weeks, finally need to go to see the doctor.
Not-Me: you probably have clap of the throat.
Me: remember the story i told you about how i ran into your mother over thanksgiving?
Not-Me: ...
Me: well i guess now you know how that story ended.

From welfare to Mayfair.

codergrrl's picture

My goodness....I worry about you guys.

"Je Suis Prest"

bozoloper's picture

boooo, i was going to join your team if i was running late.

nothin' bring you down like your hometown.

codergrrl's picture

If you have to, take her to Pennsy at 8th & Spruce. Everybody forgets they have an ER, and as long as she's not shot or in a auto accident, they should be able to help. Rarely much of a wait.

"Je Suis Prest"

th's picture

codergrrl wrote:
If you have to, take her to Pennsy at 8th & Spruce. Everybody forgets they have an ER, and as long as she's not shot or in a auto accident, they should be able to help. Rarely much of a wait.

Thanks, I will.

You wanna dance? LET'S DANCE!

austen's picture

going to show up?

sdm's picture

Winners?

From welfare to Mayfair.

austen's picture

sdm wrote:
Winners?

As only coderrgrl, miglarsh and myself showed up.  However we still had a good time.

codergrrl's picture

Of course we won...there were at least 25 teams, coming from all over the city.  It was the largest quizzo I've ever been to.  The competition was incredibly fierce, as John broke out his old National Mechanics questions, and really made our brains stretch. Then...Eric Lindross and Mike Schmidt came in and bought everybody a drink, but took us, (the winning team) out to a private afterhours club located in the Ritz Carlton. Swear to god. 

"Je Suis Prest"

sdm's picture

austen wrote:
sdm wrote:
Winners?

As only coderrgrl, miglarsh and myself showed up.  However we still had a good time.

Weak.  I could neither drink nor speak (which would have made milgrash's day) last night.  Saving up strength for next Wednesday.

From welfare to Mayfair.

meredith's picture

sdm wrote:
austen wrote:
sdm wrote:
Winners?

As only coderrgrl, miglarsh and myself showed up.  However we still had a good time.

Weak.  I could neither drink nor speak (which would have made milgrash's day) last night.  Saving up strength for next Wednesday.

yeah, we had a potluck to go to. next week, fo sho. congrats, coder, on your big day.

“Try to learn to let what is unfair teach you.” – David Foster Wallace

codergrrl's picture

Everyday I make pretend is a big day!
Oh yeah...austen was doing the Electric Slide...also swear to god.

"Je Suis Prest"

dan

codergrrl wrote:
Everyday I make pretend is a big day!
Oh yeah...austen was doing the Electric Slide...also swear to god.

I was just amazed that U2 was even willing to play the Electric Slide.
The Edge kept giving Bono a look that basically said, "Hey, we just stopped in for a few pints and I wasn't even planning to play our own material. Now you want to do covers?"

"I like my way of doing it better than your way of not doing it." - D.L. Moody

meredith's picture

dan wrote:
codergrrl wrote:
Everyday I make pretend is a big day!
Oh yeah...austen was doing the Electric Slide...also swear to god.

I was just amazed that U2 was even willing to play the Electric Slide.
The Edge kept giving Bono a look that basically said, "Hey, we just stopped in for a few pints and I wasn't even planning to play our own material. Now you want to do covers?"

surprised? i think U2 has sunk much lower before.

“Try to learn to let what is unfair teach you.” – David Foster Wallace

austen's picture

codergrrl wrote:
austen was doing the Electric Slide

I am an EXCELLENT dancer.

codergrrl's picture

meredith wrote:
surprised? i think U2 has sunk much lower before.

Oh hush chile!...the man is a saint.

"Je Suis Prest"

dan

austen wrote:
I am an EXCELLENT dancer.

She did choreography for Julia Louis-Dreyfus back in the mid-90s.

"I like my way of doing it better than your way of not doing it." - D.L. Moody

austen's picture

dan wrote:
austen wrote:
I am an EXCELLENT dancer.

She did choreography for Julia Louis-Dreyfus back in the mid-90s.

Sixteen years of dance classes, Dan.

sdm's picture

codergrrl wrote:
meredith wrote:
surprised? i think U2 has sunk much lower before.

Oh hush chile!...the man is a saint.

U2 hasn't done anything worth mentioning since Zooropa. And as far as Bono goes, [insert one giant, censored rant here].

From welfare to Mayfair.

meredith's picture

sdm wrote:
codergrrl wrote:
meredith wrote:
surprised? i think U2 has sunk much lower before.

Oh hush chile!...the man is a saint.

U2 hasn't done anything worth mentioning since Zooropa. And as far as Bono goes, [insert one giant, censored rant here].

agree. and coder, i believe we've had this discussion before with the peter gabriel thing. we do not share similar tastes in music :) i still love you, though!

“Try to learn to let what is unfair teach you.” – David Foster Wallace

dan

Now be nice.
Bono is an FOAF.

"I like my way of doing it better than your way of not doing it." - D.L. Moody

codergrrl's picture

We still have Tom Waits. Bringing together the generations.

"Je Suis Prest"

sdm's picture

meredith wrote:
sdm wrote:
codergrrl wrote:
meredith wrote:
surprised? i think U2 has sunk much lower before.

Oh hush chile!...the man is a saint.

U2 hasn't done anything worth mentioning since Zooropa. And as far as Bono goes, [insert one giant, censored rant here].

agree. and coder, i believe we've had this discussion before with the peter gabriel thing. we do not share similar tastes in music :) i still love you, though!

Nothing wrong with Peter Gabriel at all.

From welfare to Mayfair.

meredith's picture

sdm wrote:
meredith wrote:
sdm wrote:
codergrrl wrote:
meredith wrote:
surprised? i think U2 has sunk much lower before.

Oh hush chile!...the man is a saint.

U2 hasn't done anything worth mentioning since Zooropa. And as far as Bono goes, [insert one giant, censored rant here].

agree. and coder, i believe we've had this discussion before with the peter gabriel thing. we do not share similar tastes in music :) i still love you, though!

Nothing wrong with Peter Gabriel at all.

disagree. coder, yes, tom waits. love, love, love tom waits.

“Try to learn to let what is unfair teach you.” – David Foster Wallace

sdm's picture

meredith wrote:
sdm wrote:
meredith wrote:
sdm wrote:
codergrrl wrote:
meredith wrote:
surprised? i think U2 has sunk much lower before.

Oh hush chile!...the man is a saint.

U2 hasn't done anything worth mentioning since Zooropa. And as far as Bono goes, [insert one giant, censored rant here].

agree. and coder, i believe we've had this discussion before with the peter gabriel thing. we do not share similar tastes in music :) i still love you, though!

Nothing wrong with Peter Gabriel at all.

disagree. coder, yes, tom waits. love, love, love tom waits.

That's because you're the biggest hater there is.

From welfare to Mayfair.

codergrrl's picture

"Small Change got rained on with his own .38" One of my favorite songs/lines of all time.

"Je Suis Prest"

meredith's picture

codergrrl wrote:
"Small Change got rained on with his own .38" One of my favorite songs/lines of all time.

so great.

“Try to learn to let what is unfair teach you.” – David Foster Wallace

th's picture

austen wrote:
sdm wrote:
Winners?

As only coderrgrl, miglarsh and myself showed up.  However we still had a good time.

Next weeks team name: Irish John's harem.

You wanna dance? LET'S DANCE!

austen's picture

Soooooooooooo. Will folks show up this week?

Kenzo's picture

austen wrote:
Soooooooooooo. Will folks show up this week?

Perhaps

On the advice of someone who probably queened-out, this signature has been deleted.

bozoloper's picture

i gotta do a happy hour in the burbs, but i'll try to make it back in time.

nothin' bring you down like your hometown.

codergrrl's picture

bozoloper wrote:
i gotta do a happy hour in the burbs, but i'll try to make it back in time.

Thats a "no".

"Je Suis Prest"

codergrrl's picture

I have off Thursday...I WILL be there. With bells on, literally!

"Je Suis Prest"

codergrrl's picture

Kenzo wrote:
austen wrote:
Soooooooooooo. Will folks show up this week?

Perhaps

Take a break from saving the world, Lone Ranger.

"Je Suis Prest"

bozoloper's picture

codergrrl wrote:
bozoloper wrote:
i gotta do a happy hour in the burbs, but i'll try to make it back in time.

Thats a "no".

hey now, easy there. definitely going to try, i'd hate to see it fizzle due to lack of attendance.

nothin' bring you down like your hometown.

codergrrl's picture

Yes, priorities need to be organized. There is nothing in the suburbs anyway...you should bring the suburbs to quizzo.

"Je Suis Prest"

sdm's picture

austen wrote:
Soooooooooooo. Will folks show up this week?

Yes.

Do we still have any unused gift certificates?

From welfare to Mayfair.

codergrrl's picture

Alright, TH...make your wife sick again this week?

"Je Suis Prest"

bozoloper's picture

codergrrl wrote:
Yes, priorities need to be organized. There is nothing in the suburbs anyway...you should bring the suburbs to quizzo.

the sly fox is in the suburbs.

nothin' bring you down like your hometown.

austen's picture

Nope - used ours up the last time you attended. It's looking like full freight, buddy.

codergrrl's picture

We burned all of ours last week, when my card got denied! For some reason, I thought it was okay to run it with $4.46 in there.

"Je Suis Prest"

meredith's picture

i have to bake a million cookies this week, but i'm hoping to get them done on tuesday and thursday. i also have a volunteer meeting at ACCT on wednesday night, but i'll probably be there afterwards. i miss losing.

“Try to learn to let what is unfair teach you.” – David Foster Wallace

bozoloper's picture

codergrrl wrote:
Alright, TH...make your wife sick again this week?

actually...

nothin' bring you down like your hometown.

codergrrl's picture

Sounds like its Austen & sdm & miglarsh & I.
Might do better shooting pool.

"Je Suis Prest"

Kenzo's picture

codergrrl wrote:
Sounds like its Austen & sdm & miglarsh & I.
Might do better shooting pool.

Heh I would kill you guys at pool. Play for quarters? BTW where ARE there any pool tables around here that don't suck and you don't have to bring your own cues?

On the advice of someone who probably queened-out, this signature has been deleted.

codergrrl's picture

No, there are not.
Also, remember...I used to bartend in an old man bar...where there is nothing to do all day but shoot pool.
I had trophies.

"Je Suis Prest"

Kenzo's picture

codergrrl wrote:
No, there are not.
Also, remember...I used to bartend in an old man bar...where there is nothing to do all day but shoot pool.
I had trophies.

I smell a challenge

On the advice of someone who probably queened-out, this signature has been deleted.

austen's picture

I suck righteously at pool. There - I said it.

codergrrl's picture

On second thought...the Ukie Club is the only place I can think of with a table and unrestricted access.
But I have no idea how the cues are.
You'd probably beat me, but I know enough to play for position and screw you up.
And I break very well.

"Je Suis Prest"

Kenzo's picture

austen wrote:
I suck righteously at pool. There - I said it.

Yeah, we don't need ya in the upcoming "Lifer vs. Newcomer Pool Tourney" (looking for sponsors)

On the advice of someone who probably queened-out, this signature has been deleted.

codergrrl's picture

Geez...now I'm gonna have to practice.
Playing in pool tournaments was the closest thing to being involved in sports I could manage.

"Je Suis Prest"

Kenzo's picture

The cues at JB's are so-so. Last time I played at JB's table I could have sworn the surface is not completely level. Saw funny unexpected things with the cb when I would hit sides or a slice, and I couldn't even do my killer corner on it.

On the advice of someone who probably queened-out, this signature has been deleted.

sdm's picture

codergrrl wrote:
Sounds like its Austen & sdm & miglarsh & I.
Might do better shooting pool.

Darts

From welfare to Mayfair.

Kenzo's picture

sdm wrote:
codergrrl wrote:
Sounds like its Austen & sdm & miglarsh & I.
Might do better shooting pool.

Darts

Oooo i suck royally at that. I used to drink at the Grey Lodge and would feel so helpless, and schooled.

On the advice of someone who probably queened-out, this signature has been deleted.

codergrrl's picture

I don't think I have ever thrown a dart that actually landed on the board.

"Je Suis Prest"

meredith's picture

cookie-baking will take place on thursday. i will be there for quizzo, but only if i can be on austen's team. sdm, you're going to have to find a new partner this week.

“Try to learn to let what is unfair teach you.” – David Foster Wallace

codergrrl's picture

She needs to be a floater. Its only right. (Although we do love it when we win, I just feel bad monopolizing her talents.)

"Je Suis Prest"

meredith's picture

codergrrl wrote:
She needs to be a floater. Its only right. (Although we do love it when we win, I just feel bad monopolizing her talents.)

i haven't been on her team yet. i've just been the one cursing at her from across the bar. my turn!

“Try to learn to let what is unfair teach you.” – David Foster Wallace

codergrrl's picture

We should pick straws.

"Je Suis Prest"

meredith's picture

codergrrl wrote:
We should pick straws.

eh, maybe next week, after my turn. :)

“Try to learn to let what is unfair teach you.” – David Foster Wallace

sdm's picture

meredith wrote:
cookie-baking will take place on thursday. i will be there for quizzo, but only if i can be on austen's team. sdm, you're going to have to find a new partner this week.

We've only been partners twice, and quizzo has been going on for two months.

From welfare to Mayfair.

codergrrl's picture

I'm still waiting for the "everyman for himself quizzo".

"Je Suis Prest"

meredith's picture

sdm wrote:
meredith wrote:
cookie-baking will take place on thursday. i will be there for quizzo, but only if i can be on austen's team. sdm, you're going to have to find a new partner this week.

We've only been partners twice, and quizzo has been going on for two months.

i seem to remember more than twice, but perhaps my memory is fuzzy.

“Try to learn to let what is unfair teach you.” – David Foster Wallace

sdm's picture

codergrrl wrote:
I'm still waiting for the "everyman for himself quizzo".

If we only have 4-5 people tomorrow we should do it.

From welfare to Mayfair.

austen's picture

Wow - I feel so special. :-)

codergrrl's picture

You are...and you should know it. (You know everthing else!)

"Je Suis Prest"

dan

Quizzo was invented to make me feel bad about forgetting all the things I used to know when I was 22.

"I like my way of doing it better than your way of not doing it." - D.L. Moody

ronchito's picture

I thought it was invented to make me feel bad about never having learned all the things that Dan knew at 22.

codergrrl's picture

Hopefully I will see some of you guys tonight.
Adios muchachos!

"Je Suis Prest"

meredith's picture

codergrrl wrote:
Hopefully I will see some of you guys tonight.
Adios muchachos!

i'll be there.

“Try to learn to let what is unfair teach you.” – David Foster Wallace

austen's picture

There will be quizzo next week too. Please consider stopping in, if only to prevent everyone having to be a team unto themselves again.

sdm's picture

It was a fun experiment.

From welfare to Mayfair.

bozoloper's picture

i'll be there.

nothin' bring you down like your hometown.

meredith's picture

bozoloper wrote:
i'll be there.

hopefully we'll do better as a team than i did last week by myself.

“Try to learn to let what is unfair teach you.” – David Foster Wallace

codergrrl's picture

The Belgrade Street contingent will also be there.

"Je Suis Prest"

Newcomer's picture

I'll be there.

100.

sdm's picture

Out for now.

From welfare to Mayfair.

meredith's picture

sdm wrote:
Out for now.

you've already watched all of your dr. who. what else could you possibly have to do?

“Try to learn to let what is unfair teach you.” – David Foster Wallace

codergrrl's picture

So what's the deal with th?
He still 'occupying' somewhere?
I'm starting to worry about him.

"Je Suis Prest"

sdm's picture

meredith wrote:
sdm wrote:
Out for now.

you've already watched all of your dr. who. what else could you possibly have to do?

Friend from Chicago is in town. Trying to get meeting up with him pushed to tomorrow.

From welfare to Mayfair.

codergrrl's picture

You CAN bring him with you, ya know. Even if he is from Chicago.

"Je Suis Prest"

meredith's picture

sdm wrote:
meredith wrote:
sdm wrote:
Out for now.

you've already watched all of your dr. who. what else could you possibly have to do?

Friend from Chicago is in town. Trying to get meeting up with him pushed to tomorrow.

why don't you bring him along?

“Try to learn to let what is unfair teach you.” – David Foster Wallace

bozoloper's picture

codergrrl wrote:
You CAN bring him with you, ya know. Even if he is from Chicago.

he's embarrassed of us.

nothin' bring you down like your hometown.

codergrrl's picture

meredith wrote:
why don't you bring him along?

On second hand, maybe his friend thinks he's smart.

"Je Suis Prest"

sdm's picture

meredith wrote:
sdm wrote:
meredith wrote:
sdm wrote:
Out for now.

you've already watched all of your dr. who. what else could you possibly have to do?

Friend from Chicago is in town. Trying to get meeting up with him pushed to tomorrow.

why don't you bring him along?

There's other people coming out tonight as well. Plus when we load the jukebox up with Slayer it's probably not going to go over too well.

From welfare to Mayfair.

codergrrl's picture

Hey, I played the Eagles, and nobody threw a drink at me.

"Je Suis Prest"

sdm's picture

codergrrl wrote:
Hey, I played the Eagles, and nobody threw a drink at me.

The idea was floated around.

From welfare to Mayfair.

bozoloper's picture

i'm down for one to two slayer songs on any given evening.

nothin' bring you down like your hometown.

Newcomer's picture

codergrrl wrote:
Hey, I played the Eagles, and nobody threw a drink at me.

I'd rather hear the Eagles than Adele. Or Coldplay.

bozoloper's picture

Newcomer wrote:
codergrrl wrote:
Hey, I played the Eagles, and nobody threw a drink at me.

I'd rather hear the Eagles than Adele. Or Coldplay.

in general i don't care much either away about coldplay, but that new song is killing me. xpn needs to cool it with that.

nothin' bring you down like your hometown.

codergrrl's picture

Ha, I played an Adele song too...only one I've ever heard....

"Je Suis Prest"

Newcomer's picture

codergrrl wrote:
Ha, I played an Adele song too...only one I've ever heard....

XPN has at least 3 in heavy rotation.

meredith's picture

bozoloper wrote:
Newcomer wrote:
codergrrl wrote:
Hey, I played the Eagles, and nobody threw a drink at me.

I'd rather hear the Eagles than Adele. Or Coldplay.

in general i don't care much either away about coldplay, but that new song is killing me. xpn needs to cool it with that.

if i could imagine what hell would be like, coldplay would be playing all day long.

“Try to learn to let what is unfair teach you.” – David Foster Wallace

Newcomer's picture

meredith wrote:
bozoloper wrote:
Newcomer wrote:
codergrrl wrote:
Hey, I played the Eagles, and nobody threw a drink at me.

I'd rather hear the Eagles than Adele. Or Coldplay.

in general i don't care much either away about coldplay, but that new song is killing me. xpn needs to cool it with that.

if i could imagine what hell would be like, coldplay would be playing all day long.

As funny as the Dan Savage letter.

meredith's picture

Newcomer wrote:
meredith wrote:
bozoloper wrote:
Newcomer wrote:
codergrrl wrote:
Hey, I played the Eagles, and nobody threw a drink at me.

I'd rather hear the Eagles than Adele. Or Coldplay.

in general i don't care much either away about coldplay, but that new song is killing me. xpn needs to cool it with that.

if i could imagine what hell would be like, coldplay would be playing all day long.

As funny as the Dan Savage letter.

haha. not quite that funny.

“Try to learn to let what is unfair teach you.” – David Foster Wallace

codergrrl's picture

Austen? Austen? Austen?....

"Je Suis Prest"

meredith's picture

codergrrl wrote:
Austen? Austen? Austen?....

i think from now on austen should have to play by herself while everyone else teams up. she will most likely still win.

“Try to learn to let what is unfair teach you.” – David Foster Wallace

austen's picture

Sorry. Phonebound. Should be there.

codergrrl's picture

I'm not talking to any of you tonight. Apparently, its the new thing.

"Je Suis Prest"

Newcomer's picture

codergrrl wrote:
I'm not talking to any of you tonight.

Just text me.

bozoloper's picture

Newcomer wrote:
codergrrl wrote:
I'm not talking to any of you tonight.

Just text me.

no phones, it's bull poop and it's lame!

nothin' bring you down like your hometown.

Newcomer's picture

A totally silent quizzo -- just think about it.

codergrrl's picture

We had that last week!

"Je Suis Prest"

th's picture

That's no fun! The only reason I go is to listen to sdm make Esme angry.

You wanna dance? LET'S DANCE!

codergrrl's picture

They bonded last week.
And she's not so y now that she quit her job.

"Je Suis Prest"

meredith's picture

codergrrl wrote:
They bonded last week.
And she's not so y now that she quit her job.

that was quick!

“Try to learn to let what is unfair teach you.” – David Foster Wallace

sdm's picture

bozoloper wrote:
i'm down for one to two slayer songs on any given evening.

I thought hippies hated death metal?

From welfare to Mayfair.

sdm's picture

codergrrl wrote:
They bonded last week.
And she's not so y now that she quit her job.

Yes, I am taking applications for a new quizzo nemesis. On that note, I'll be there tonight and would totally support another everyone for themselves game.

From welfare to Mayfair.

Leo's picture

sdm wrote:
bozoloper wrote:
i'm down for one to two slayer songs on any given evening.

I thought hippies hated death metal?

Please lets get our metal genres right.

Slayer is Thrash.

Suffocation is Death Metal.

Burzum is Black Metal

Mulvihill & Rushie LLC
The Fishtown Lawyers
Criminal Defense • Civil Trials
www.FishtownLaw.com
215.385.5291

bozoloper's picture

i'm starting a petition for o'reilly's to serve food during quizzo. i'm tired of watching other people eat crab mac 'n' cheese.

nothin' bring you down like your hometown.

sdm's picture

bozoloper wrote:
i'm starting a petition for o'reilly's to serve food during quizzo. i'm tired of watching other people eat crab mac 'n' cheese.

I'm starting a petition that next week we jump those interlopers in the parking lot.

From welfare to Mayfair.

bozoloper's picture

sdm wrote:
bozoloper wrote:
i'm starting a petition for o'reilly's to serve food during quizzo. i'm tired of watching other people eat crab mac 'n' cheese.

I'm starting a petition that next week we jump those interlopers in the parking lot.

i've carried that bar on my back for a year and a half. i don't need all you new customers coming in and putting songs on the jukebox, taking up all the bar seats and being loud. you're nothing but bougie lifers invading my corner bar.

nothin' bring you down like your hometown.

sdm's picture

bozoloper wrote:
sdm wrote:
bozoloper wrote:
i'm starting a petition for o'reilly's to serve food during quizzo. i'm tired of watching other people eat crab mac 'n' cheese.

I'm starting a petition that next week we jump those interlopers in the parking lot.

i've carried that bar on my back for a year and a half. i don't need all you new customers coming in and putting songs on the jukebox, taking up all the bar seats and being loud. you're nothing but bougie lifers invading my corner bar.

I don't like the cut of their jib. They sat up there on there in their own little area and I'm not sure I saw any of them, save for one girl, ever order a drink among three tables of people.

From welfare to Mayfair.

bozoloper's picture

sdm wrote:
bozoloper wrote:
sdm wrote:
bozoloper wrote:
i'm starting a petition for o'reilly's to serve food during quizzo. i'm tired of watching other people eat crab mac 'n' cheese.

I'm starting a petition that next week we jump those interlopers in the parking lot.

i've carried that bar on my back for a year and a half. i don't need all you new customers coming in and putting songs on the jukebox, taking up all the bar seats and being loud. you're nothing but bougie lifers invading my corner bar.

I don't like the cut of their jib. They sat up there on there in their own little area and I'm not sure I saw any of them, save for one girl, ever order a drink among three tables of people.

furthermore, i believe their friends of miglarsh's. they obviously can not be trusted.

nothin' bring you down like your hometown.

codergrrl's picture

They weren't her friends. She never saw them before. And she doesn't really have friends. I thought they were lost.
It was pretty dumb for the owner to not have food ready. We only got something cause we were there early, but they were out of everything then too, thats why they stopped serving. Doesn't seem like he thinks too much in advance...two weeks without any Jameson? My house is stocked better than that.
He wants people to come, but then doesn't have anything for them when they get there.

"Je Suis Prest"

bozoloper's picture

codergrrl wrote:
They weren't her friends. She never saw them before. And she doesn't really have friends. I thought they were lost.
It was pretty dumb for the owner to not have food ready. We only got something cause we were there early, but they were out of everything then too, thats why they stopped serving. Doesn't seem like he thinks too much in advance...two weeks without any Jameson? My house is stocked better than that.
He wants people to come, but then doesn't have anything for them when they get there.

the food thing has been a running issue. i can understand closing the kitchen on nights they don't expect to be that busy, but they must have missed out on a couple hundred dollars of business last night. the pool club usually buys a lot of wings, too. sometimes i feel like they're trying to drive people away.

on the jameson note, the liquor store closes at 9 and it's 4 blocks away.

nothin' bring you down like your hometown.

sdm's picture

bozoloper wrote:
codergrrl wrote:
They weren't her friends. She never saw them before. And she doesn't really have friends. I thought they were lost.
It was pretty dumb for the owner to not have food ready. We only got something cause we were there early, but they were out of everything then too, thats why they stopped serving. Doesn't seem like he thinks too much in advance...two weeks without any Jameson? My house is stocked better than that.
He wants people to come, but then doesn't have anything for them when they get there.

the food thing has been a running issue. i can understand closing the kitchen on nights they don't expect to be that busy, but they must have missed out on a couple hundred dollars of business last night. the pool club usually buys a lot of wings, too. sometimes i feel like they're trying to drive people away.

on the jameson note, the liquor store closes at 9 and it's 4 blocks away.

Nothing makes sense anymore. I'm going to South Philly for some comfort pork and sharp provolone.

From welfare to Mayfair.

codergrrl's picture

Well, while he's snarking about "thats how we made it as Striped Bass" when questioned about seafood tacos, I just thought to myself, "We not at the Stiped Bass now buddy, better look around and lose the tude."
That place could be a goldmine...he needs some management training.

"Je Suis Prest"

meredith's picture

i just don't get why he doesn't have someone in the kitchen on nights that he knows will be busy... such as quizzo night and weekend nights. i think the times i've been denied food are beginning to outweigh the nights where i've actually been able to order food. it's gotten worse in the past two months or so.

“Try to learn to let what is unfair teach you.” – David Foster Wallace

Kenzo's picture

codergrrl wrote:
They weren't her friends. She never saw them before. And she doesn't really have friends. I thought they were lost.
It was pretty dumb for the owner to not have food ready. We only got something cause we were there early, but they were out of everything then too, thats why they stopped serving. Doesn't seem like he thinks too much in advance...two weeks without any Jameson? My house is stocked better than that.
He wants people to come, but then doesn't have anything for them when they get there.

I can't believe I was in an Irish bar for that many hours without ANY Jameson in the house.

Seriously... your Irish cred card has been declined.

I can tell Irish John was sober; which is a rarity. He must not like Bushmills that much.

On the advice of someone who probably queened-out, this signature has been deleted.

th's picture

Maybe he was on his best behavior for all the new kids.

You wanna dance? LET'S DANCE!

Newcomer's picture

Could y'all keep it down a bit, please?

th's picture

Newcomer wrote:
Could y'all keep it down a bit, please?

And where were you?

You wanna dance? LET'S DANCE!

Newcomer's picture

th wrote:
Newcomer wrote:
Could y'all keep it down a bit, please?

And where were you?

The evening took a funny turn...

codergrrl's picture

Kenzo wrote:

I can tell Irish John was sober; which is a rarity. He must not like Bushmills that much.

Its made by the Prods.

"Je Suis Prest"

th's picture

Newcomer wrote:
th wrote:
Newcomer wrote:
Could y'all keep it down a bit, please?

And where were you?

The evening took a funny turn...

You wanna dance? LET'S DANCE!

th's picture

Mrs. th says you people need to stop whining about everything. Jeeez.

Also, she says it was TOTALLY unfair for us to not get the point for the Catherine Keener question just because she was off by ONE stupid letter!

You wanna dance? LET'S DANCE!

meredith's picture

th wrote:
Mrs. th says you people need to stop whining about everything. Jeeez.

Also, she says it was TOTALLY unfair for us to not get the point for the Catherine Keener question just because she was off by ONE stupid letter!

LIKETOTALLY

“Try to learn to let what is unfair teach you.” – David Foster Wallace

codergrrl's picture

th wrote:
Mrs. th says you people need to stop whining about everything, jeez.

Evidently, Mrs. th doesn't know us very well.

"Je Suis Prest"

sdm's picture

th wrote:
Mrs. th says you people need to stop whining about everything. Jeeez.

Also, she says it was TOTALLY unfair for us to not get the point for the Catherine Keener question just because she was off by ONE stupid letter!

Or the point we lost when you complained.

From welfare to Mayfair.

bozoloper's picture

sooooo?

nothin' bring you down like your hometown.

sdm's picture

I will try and stop by after the hockey game, but I doubt I'll be there in time for the start.

From welfare to Mayfair.

codergrrl's picture

Thinking of snappy names as we speak.

"Je Suis Prest"

bozoloper's picture

codergrrl wrote:
Thinking of snappy names as we speak.

no more kim jong references. sdm will get mad.

nothin' bring you down like your hometown.

codergrrl's picture

I never made 'em...I can't spell that well.
Besides, if he's not there to contest it..eff him.

"Je Suis Prest"

sdm's picture

bozoloper wrote:
codergrrl wrote:
Thinking of snappy names as we speak.

no more kim jong references. sdm will get mad.

It was a blatant rip off attempt to cash in on my best team name from the week before.

From welfare to Mayfair.

bozoloper's picture

sdm wrote:
bozoloper wrote:
codergrrl wrote:
Thinking of snappy names as we speak.

no more kim jong references. sdm will get mad.

It was a blatant rip off attempt to cash in on my best team name from the week before.

lil' kim jong il is a reference to the father. kim jong un-o dos tres is a reference to the son. you're just mad you didn't think of it. maybe they've finally replaced the jameson.

nothin' bring you down like your hometown.

meredith's picture

sdm wrote:
bozoloper wrote:
codergrrl wrote:
Thinking of snappy names as we speak.

no more kim jong references. sdm will get mad.

It was a blatant rip off attempt to cash in on my best team name from the week before.

wah wah wah, my testes hurt.

“Try to learn to let what is unfair teach you.” – David Foster Wallace

codergrrl's picture

There are no ethics at quizzo.

"Je Suis Prest"

ronchito's picture

So if I go to Quizzo tonight will I be my own team?

sdm's picture

bozoloper wrote:
sdm wrote:
bozoloper wrote:
codergrrl wrote:
Thinking of snappy names as we speak.

no more kim jong references. sdm will get mad.

It was a blatant rip off attempt to cash in on my best team name from the week before.

lil' kim jong il is a reference to the father. kim jong un-o dos tres is a reference to the son. you're just mad you didn't think of it. maybe they've finally replaced the jameson.

No, I'm mad I can't remember any of the great names I came up with before Christmas. My prediction is that tonight they're out of all brown liquor and the kitchen is closes at 4:30pm.

From welfare to Mayfair.

codergrrl's picture

I gotta have a chat with that guy. He seems really adverse to making money.

"Je Suis Prest"

dan

Here's your winning team name: Kitsch Jon Dun

"I like my way of doing it better than your way of not doing it." - D.L. Moody

bozoloper's picture

ronchito wrote:
So if I go to Quizzo tonight will I be my own team?

if you want to be. there's usually a few 3 person teams you could join. you're always welcome to join our team.

nothin' bring you down like your hometown.

codergrrl's picture

Yeah, we take walk ins.

"Je Suis Prest"

ronchito's picture

bozoloper wrote:
ronchito wrote:
So if I go to Quizzo tonight will I be my own team?

if you want to be. there's usually a few 3 person teams you could join. you're always welcome to join our team.

OK cool -- thanks. I probably should've asked it a little different ("does everybody form their own team?") rather than making it about me specifically. Not sure if I'm gonna make it yet but we'll see.

bozoloper's picture

codergrrl wrote:
Yeah, we take walk ins.

except for the non-drinking interlopers.

nothin' bring you down like your hometown.

Newcomer's picture

ronchito wrote:
bozoloper wrote:
ronchito wrote:
So if I go to Quizzo tonight will I be my own team?

if you want to be. there's usually a few 3 person teams you could join. you're always welcome to join our team.

OK cool -- thanks. I probably should've asked it a little different ("does everybody form their own team?") rather than making it about me specifically. Not sure if I'm gonna make it yet but we'll see.

Can everybody be on one team and just play for fun?

bozoloper's picture

Newcomer wrote:
ronchito wrote:
bozoloper wrote:
ronchito wrote:
So if I go to Quizzo tonight will I be my own team?

if you want to be. there's usually a few 3 person teams you could join. you're always welcome to join our team.

OK cool -- thanks. I probably should've asked it a little different ("does everybody form their own team?") rather than making it about me specifically. Not sure if I'm gonna make it yet but we'll see.

Can everybody be on one team and just play for fun?

o'r's vs. irish john. if we get all the questions right he has to buy us a round.

nothin' bring you down like your hometown.

bozoloper's picture

codergrrl wrote:
I gotta have a chat with that guy. He seems really adverse to making money.

they promised on facebook to keep the kitchen open.

nothin' bring you down like your hometown.

austen's picture

I was a island of one last week. No big deal.

sdm's picture

bozoloper wrote:
codergrrl wrote:
I gotta have a chat with that guy. He seems really adverse to making money.

they promised on facebook to keep the kitchen open.

A promise made on the Internet? Must be true!

From welfare to Mayfair.

codergrrl's picture

bozoloper wrote:
codergrrl wrote:
I gotta have a chat with that guy. He seems really adverse to making money.

they promised on facebook to keep the kitchen open.

I'm starting to feel like there is no info anywhere anymore..just facebook...which won't let me look at anything unless I join. Still, I resist.

"Je Suis Prest"

Newcomer's picture

Were they out of all brown liquor or just Jamesons? B&B is nice on a cold night. Or a Rusty Nail.

codergrrl's picture

Jamesons, Tullymore Dew...and any other decent Irish whiskey.

"Je Suis Prest"

Newcomer's picture

codergrrl wrote:
Jamesons, Tullymore Dew...and any other decent Irish whiskey.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll bring my flask.

codergrrl's picture

I'm using blunt force trauma to the head as an excuse.

"Je Suis Prest"

th's picture

codergrrl wrote:
bozoloper wrote:
codergrrl wrote:
I gotta have a chat with that guy. He seems really adverse to making money.

they promised on facebook to keep the kitchen open.

I'm starting to feel like there is no info anywhere anymore..just facebook...which won't let me look at anything unless I join. Still, I resist.

I found out using an outdated form of technology - I called them on a telephone to ask them using my voice.

You wanna dance? LET'S DANCE!

codergrrl's picture

th wrote:
codergrrl wrote:
bozoloper wrote:
codergrrl wrote:
I gotta have a chat with that guy. He seems really adverse to making money.

they promised on facebook to keep the kitchen open.

I'm starting to feel like there is no info anywhere anymore..just facebook...which won't let me look at anything unless I join. Still, I resist.

I found out using an outdated form of technology - I called them on a telephone to ask them using my voice.

Thats soooo 70's...like 1870's.

"Je Suis Prest"

sdm's picture

Quizzo last night was awesome.

1) It snowed

2) Every cop car on patrol in the 26th was on the scene to arrest maybe 4 people across the street. If there was ever a time to commit crime around here, 10-11:30pm was it.

From welfare to Mayfair.

meredith's picture

sdm wrote:
Quizzo last night was awesome.

1) It snowed

2) Every cop car on patrol in the 26th was on the scene to arrest maybe 4 people across the street. If there was ever a time to commit crime around here, 10-11:30pm was it.

did you ever find out why they were there?

“Try to learn to let what is unfair teach you.” – David Foster Wallace

ronchito's picture

meredith wrote:
sdm wrote:
Quizzo last night was awesome.

1) It snowed

2) Every cop car on patrol in the 26th was on the scene to arrest maybe 4 people across the street. If there was ever a time to commit crime around here, 10-11:30pm was it.

did you ever find out why they were there?

Sam's working on this but hasn't had any luck yet.

sdm's picture

meredith wrote:
sdm wrote:
Quizzo last night was awesome.

1) It snowed

2) Every cop car on patrol in the 26th was on the scene to arrest maybe 4 people across the street. If there was ever a time to commit crime around here, 10-11:30pm was it.

did you ever find out why they were there?

They were tearing tags off of good mattresses and then sewing them onto bad ones....and then stuffing those mattresses full of wet.

From welfare to Mayfair.

meredith's picture

sdm wrote:
meredith wrote:
sdm wrote:
Quizzo last night was awesome.

1) It snowed

2) Every cop car on patrol in the 26th was on the scene to arrest maybe 4 people across the street. If there was ever a time to commit crime around here, 10-11:30pm was it.

did you ever find out why they were there?

They were tearing tags off of good mattresses and then sewing them onto bad ones....and then stuffing those mattresses full of wet.

you have a very creative imagination. however, i could actually see that happening...

ronchito, let me know if she finds anything out!

“Try to learn to let what is unfair teach you.” – David Foster Wallace

bozoloper's picture

this woman on the way to the el at 7:15 am the other day started talking to us. eventually she goes "do you live around here? where's the wet at?" i was pretty offended. do i look like i know where to get wet?

nothin' bring you down like your hometown.

codergrrl's picture

"Where da wet at?" Sounds like a Chappelle show skit.

"Je Suis Prest"

sdm's picture

bozoloper wrote:
this woman on the way to the el at 7:15 am the other day started talking to us. eventually she goes "do you live around here? where's the wet at?" i was pretty offended. do i look like i know where to get wet?

You don't look like you don't know where not to get no wet at, or something.

Also, I am apparently responsible for organizing a game night at Esme's house. I tried to explain that I am not in the habit of inviting people over to someone else's house, but that argument seemed lost on her.

From welfare to Mayfair.

austen's picture

sdm wrote:
Also, I am apparently responsible for organizing a game night at Esme's house. I tried to explain that I am not in the habit of inviting people over to someone else's house, but that argument seemed lost on her.

When the heck did that happen?

sdm's picture

austen wrote:
sdm wrote:
Also, I am apparently responsible for organizing a game night at Esme's house. I tried to explain that I am not in the habit of inviting people over to someone else's house, but that argument seemed lost on her.

When the heck did that happen?

When her and her oversized novelty mittens were on their way out last night. She claimed you all told her I was the best person for the job.

From welfare to Mayfair.

bozoloper's picture

sdm wrote:
austen wrote:
sdm wrote:
Also, I am apparently responsible for organizing a game night at Esme's house. I tried to explain that I am not in the habit of inviting people over to someone else's house, but that argument seemed lost on her.

When the heck did that happen?

When her and her oversized novelty mittens were on their way out last night. She claimed you all told her I was the best person for the job.

i think i may remember recommending you at quizzo two weeks ago. you're such a social butterfly. i figured you could whip something up in no time.

nothin' bring you down like your hometown.

codergrrl's picture

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha....let me know how you make out with that.
(I know she has the consoles and games and giant TV screen...she just is looking to play with someone besided my grandson.)

"Je Suis Prest"

bozoloper's picture

codergrrl wrote:
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha....let me know how you make out with that.
(I know she has the consoles and games and giant TV screen...she just is looking to play with someone besided my grandson.)

wasn't someone looking for a gaming buddy? i can't remember who it was.

nothin' bring you down like your hometown.

codergrrl's picture

bozoloper wrote:
codergrrl wrote:
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha....let me know how you make out with that.
(I know she has the consoles and games and giant TV screen...she just is looking to play with someone besided my grandson.)

wasn't someone looking for a gaming buddy? i can't remember who it was.

Preferably someone she semi-knows, at the least.

"Je Suis Prest"

sdm's picture

I'm just going to pick a random date and time and invite everyone over to her place. She's under the impression I have her number, but since I don't, it will be all the more a surprise.

From welfare to Mayfair.

th's picture

sdm wrote:
bozoloper wrote:
this woman on the way to the el at 7:15 am the other day started talking to us. eventually she goes "do you live around here? where's the wet at?" i was pretty offended. do i look like i know where to get wet?

You don't look like you don't know where not to get no wet at, or something.

Also, I am apparently responsible for organizing a game night at Esme's house. I tried to explain that I am not in the habit of inviting people over to someone else's house, but that argument seemed lost on her.

I could be up for this. Please keep me posted as things develop. Thx.

You wanna dance? LET'S DANCE!

austen's picture

sdm wrote:
She claimed you all told her I was the best person for the job.

Wasn't me.

sdm's picture

austen wrote:
sdm wrote:
She claimed you all told her I was the best person for the job.

Wasn't me.

I assumed it was someone who didn't know me well enough to know better.

From welfare to Mayfair.

austen's picture

sdm wrote:
austen wrote:
sdm wrote:
She claimed you all told her I was the best person for the job.

Wasn't me.

I assumed it was someone who didn't know me well enough to know better.

Ha - exactly.

new kenzo's picture

Im sticking to Atlantis. I prefer to lose to more people and drink better cheaper beer.

"vinegar of lil richard ninja" , yo

codergrrl's picture

Well, if you do ever win, you can spend your first place $20 on SlimJims...there's always that.
(I will give credit to the owner of O'Reillys, who doesn't have a problem giving out bigger prizes to much less people.)

"Je Suis Prest"

new kenzo's picture

Im just not a fan of O'Reillys though. That is the problem. Something about the place just isnt appealing. I wish john and OReilly's all the luck, and hope it alleviates some of the crowd at Atlantis, but I doubt it will have much impact.

"vinegar of lil richard ninja" , yo

bozoloper's picture

new kenzo wrote:
Im sticking to Atlantis. I prefer to lose to more people and drink better cheaper beer.

the beer is the same and the tap lines are cleaner, plus i don't have to show up at 7 to get a seat. you just stay on your side of frankford ave.

edit: nevermind it's on the same side of frankford ave as atlantis. so much for my witty retort.

nothin' bring you down like your hometown.

codergrrl's picture

Yeah, I certainly don't wish ill will on Atlantis, I like it there, alot. (I run into Fitzie all the time at the Thrift), but it just works out to be an easier night to go up the street. I know Atlantis isn't crying cause we're not there, for sure. And if things don't work out at O'R's, well be back...and our first name will be "The Prodigal *itches."

"Je Suis Prest"

sdm's picture

Also you see a lot more entertaining crap at the intersection of Lehigh and Frankford than you would further down the street.

From welfare to Mayfair.

bozoloper's picture

i like sunday afternoons at atlantis, especially when they put the jazz channel on.

nothin' bring you down like your hometown.

sdm's picture

Sunday's there can be nice, won't argue that.

From welfare to Mayfair.

meredith's picture

sdm wrote:
Sunday's there can be nice, won't argue that.

and the bloody marys are epic.

“Try to learn to let what is unfair teach you.” – David Foster Wallace

austen's picture

I like both places, although O'Reilly's needs to get Jameson stocked stat.

meredith's picture

austen wrote:
I like both places, although O'Reilly's needs to get Jameson stocked stat.

agree. and i'd really, really like a bottle of cab. i think they've had only merlot for months. i understand that they don't get tons of customers, but a bottle of cab doesn't cost much. i'm not asking for top-shelf here. i'd probably drink the whole thing anyway, thus making it very profitable for them.

“Try to learn to let what is unfair teach you.” – David Foster Wallace

sdm's picture

austen wrote:
I like both places, although O'Reilly's needs to get Jameson stocked stat.

Hide a bottle in the parking lot. We'll go out for a "smoke" in shifts.

From welfare to Mayfair.

ronchito's picture

We definitely had fun last night, but it was mostly due to the company rather than the venue which did seem a bit lacking. They ran out of 2 draft beers while we were there, and Sam's Walt Wit had a very sour/vinegary taste which usually indicates dirty tap lines. The indoor heat lamp was a major plus. Gotta say I prefer the atmosphere @ Atlantis but it wouldn't stop me from coming back out on a Wed night either -- good times either way.

th's picture

By the way, does anyone know where I can get a motorcycle?

You wanna dance? LET'S DANCE!

codergrrl's picture

th wrote:
By the way, does anyone know where I can get a motorcycle?

Everybody wants one...in JANUARY!

"Je Suis Prest"

sdm's picture

codergrrl wrote:
th wrote:
By the way, does anyone know where I can get a motorcycle?

Everybody wants one...in JANUARY!

I want one, but it needs to have a dog-sized sidecar.

Like this:

but she'd be wearing one of these:

From welfare to Mayfair.

austen's picture

th wrote:
By the way, does anyone know where I can get a motorcycle?

You just made me laugh out loud - #COTD.

sdm's picture

We need a charitable quizzo to restock that bar or buy adorable winter sweaters for down on their luck dogs.

From welfare to Mayfair.

TLP's picture

So, uh, I can't quite find it in this thread... When is quizzo at O'Reilly's? And Atlantis? And are there any other places?

I'm seriously quizzo deprived lately.

austen's picture

TLP wrote:
So, uh, I can't quite find it in this thread... When is quizzo at O'Reilly's? And Atlantis? And are there any other places?

I'm seriously quizzo deprived lately.

Sorry! Us children can lose sight of pertinent information.

O'Reilly's - Wednesdays @ 8:30
Atlantis - Thursdays @ 8:30

meredith's picture

TLP wrote:
So, uh, I can't quite find it in this thread... When is quizzo at O'Reilly's? And Atlantis? And are there any other places?

I'm seriously quizzo deprived lately.

o'r's quizzo is every wednesday at 8:30.
atlantis quizzo is every thursday at 8:30, but you probably want to get there early if you want a seat.

“Try to learn to let what is unfair teach you.” – David Foster Wallace

TLP's picture

Thanks! I'm going to get up there one of these days... it's just so far north!

ThatGirl's picture

Where and when is the quizzo tonight?

Ugh.

dan

Wednesdays is O'Reillys.
Thursdays is Atlantis.

"I like my way of doing it better than your way of not doing it." - D.L. Moody

dan

Wednesdays is O'Reillys.
Thursdays is Atlantis.

"I like my way of doing it better than your way of not doing it." - D.L. Moody

ThatGirl's picture

Thanks Dan. Does anyone know what time it starts? Edit: Nevermind, found it. If I can wrangle up some folks, I might go.

Ugh.