I'm calling 311 on Father and Sons tomorrow...

Their dumpster has been overflowing for weeks. They probably stopped paying for trash pick-up. I can't wait for them to go out of business. They are SO NASTY.

Gold is the new silver. Must I tell you everything?

KingDingAling's picture

You obviously haven't tried their cockroach Stromboli. To. die. for... Literally.

When the king speaks, fishtown.us would be wise to listen.

ThatGirlWithTheFunkyGlasses's picture

I actually like their pizza, but I love greasy pizza.

Ugh.

zimmiezelda's picture

CrustyZombie and I were standing in there one time, waiting for our slices to get heated, you could see the guy in the back making pizzas. He had a cigarette in his mouth and never stopped to ash it.

And that free standing ATM in the middle of the parking lot? Is that for drug deal convenience?

Gold is the new silver. Must I tell you everything?

KingDingAling's picture

Maybe I'm in the minority but nothing sets a pizza off quite like a little bit of Newport ash.

When the king speaks, fishtown.us would be wise to listen.

KingDingAling wrote:

Amen!

If you are concerned about food quality, wouldnt the health department be better?

neuronurse19's picture

Was thinking the same thing!

F&S is filthy, but their pizza isn't bad. Every restaurant is filthy to a degree, some places just hide it better than others. Your best option is to just start going to Franco's.

Heh when I was a kid, wait staff and the cooks all had lit cigarettes while they were working.

zimmiezelda's picture

I'm not calling the Health Dept., I don't wanna ruin anyone's greasy pizza option. Just want them to get rid of their trash.

I'm just concerned about the cats and rats in the dumpster. Pizza all over the ground. After it filled up, they started putting the bags on top. Now there just all over the ground.

Gold is the new silver. Must I tell you everything?

If you can't get a clear answer from the manager, contact 311. Overflowing Dumpster not being picked up. Give the precise building address. Make sure you hang on to the tracking number you get from 311, that's your only way to find out what happened to your ticket.

You can do it online at phila.gov

The Health Department does random inspections on its own quite often, they also look at the garbage out back when they do their surveys.

I've ordered from F&S and I like them, but we don't need more garbage floating around the streets, either. Bin lids are supposed to be closed and preferably locked at all times.

tracey mccandless's picture

You can do it online at phila.govI'll call them right now and ask to do something about it first.

Tracey McCandless

tracey mccandless's picture

tracey mccandless wrote:

Tracey McCandless

CrustyZombie's picture

here's what it looks like now;

tracey mccandless's picture

dont know what Im doing wrong but Ill call them first and ask them to do something about it first. maybe they'll realize it's unacceptable

Tracey McCandless

tracey mccandless's picture

Manager says he has been calling to get the dumpster company and they havent been coming. he also said he is calling them right now and if they dont come he switch to another company....Much easier!

Tracey McCandless

zimmiezelda's picture

Thanks, Tracey!

We'll see what it looks like in another week.

Gold is the new silver. Must I tell you everything?

tracey mccandless's picture

Just recieved a call back from the manager. He really wanted me to post how sorry he is because the Dumpster people cant come out til Monday morning. he said that if i had called before 9am today they would have had a truck for today. he is extremely sorry and realizes that it does look a mess but the dumpster company only has four trucks which are always behind in their workload. He was a very nice man. And I get a free Pizza Woo- Hoo. I love the Father and Sons Jumbo Pie!

Tracey McCandless

FishtownYo's picture

When I used to eat at the Acrapolis my usual waitress used to always have a cig dangling from her mouth as she served our food. I'm not a smoker, but I miss those days, haven't been there in about 8 or so years....

What is so bad about religion is that it fosters a primitive form of morality that hinders progress in virtually any domain beneficial to our modern world.

tracey mccandless wrote:

Ur awesome Tracey!

Their pies are good when you get a good one. Usually. Thin crust, enough cheese, greasy enough. But once at Christmas time we ordered like five pies for Atlantis, and they were crappy. I think its hit or miss with them.

CrustyZombie's picture

Father and Sons is completely hit or miss. I've been there enough but I still don't know for certain which cooks make a good pie and which do not. one day it can be some of the best pizza in the city, the next day I'd find a microwaveable frozen pizza more appetizing.

tracey mccandless wrote:

I'm glad he's sorry, but this is unacceptable. The dumpster company needs to pick up the trash on time, consistently. Not having enough trucks is not an accetpable excuse.

tracey mccandless wrote:

Ur awesome Tracey!

You two make a formidible crime-fighting team.

tracey mccandless's picture

Well, buy them some trucks Stein. He knows it is unacceptable. What do you want? It's a good thing, take it as such. Christ, I was happy with the free pie and a decent conversation with a very honest man

Tracey McCandless

CrustyZombie's picture

well of course you know where I had to have lunch today. it's pretty good today. could have done without the screaming child back in the kitchen though.

tracey mccandless wrote:
I was happy with the free pie and a decent conversation with a very honest man

Yeah, but stein didn't get a free pie. :)

Newcomer wrote:
tracey mccandless wrote:

Ur awesome Tracey!

You two make a formidible crime-fighting team.

There wasn't a crime here. Just a nuisance.

tracey mccandless's picture

tracey mccandless wrote:
I was happy with the free pie and a decent conversation with a very honest man

Yeah, but stein didn't get a free pie. :)

I'll share they are Gigantic!

Tracey McCandless

Newcomer wrote:
tracey mccandless wrote:

Ur awesome Tracey!

You two make a formidible crime-fighting team.

There wasn't a crime here. Just a nuisance.

You two are a formidible nuisance-fighting team.

tracey mccandless's picture

Newcomer wrote:
Newcomer wrote:
tracey mccandless wrote:

Ur awesome Tracey!

You two make a formidible crime-fighting team.

There wasn't a crime here. Just a nuisance.

You two are a formidible nuisance-fighting team.

HAHAHAHAHA!

Tracey McCandless

Look!
Up in the Sky!
Well, maybe a little bit lower.
Yeah, and, uh, kinda over to the left a little more.

It's "The Formidable Nuisance Fighting Team"!

That photo is a nuisance.

tracey mccandless's picture

Look!
Up in the Sky!
Well, maybe a little bit lower.
Yeah, and, uh, kinda over to the left a little more.

It's "The Formidable Nuisance Fighting Team"!

maybe i'll walk around to get the dogs to shut up wearing this. hey who knows it may work. Would scare the crap outta me

Tracey McCandless

I dig Father and Sons. It's decent thin crust pizza.

I like Key Pizza the best, though. It grew on me.

Tracey, nice job!

A. Jordan Rushie
Attorney and Counselor at Law
2424 East York Street, Suite 316
Philadelphia, PA 19125 215.385.LAW1 (5291)
Blog: www.phillylawblog.com
Website: www.fishtownlaw.com

IMO worst pizzeria pizza I have had, ever, even counting those years in TX

They were the only place I would get pizza from before Franco's opened.

floppysoles's picture

Gordon Ramsey to the rescue. Have this pizza joint turned around in no time.

Here I sit broken hearted, paid a quarter and only farted.