House for Rent in the neighborhood

Home for rent at 23XX E Harold St for $750 a month. Beautiful townhome on great block. Newer home except for the bricks, including all new wiring and mostly all new plumbing. Kitchen features plenty of new cabinets, plenty of counter space & new appliances which include refrigerator & range. Plenty of new windows in every room (except bathroom). Newer roof & newer vinyl siding in rear. Nice size bedrooms, newer electric, newer heater, newer radiators and 1-yr old carpets throughout are all part of this great home. Rear yard features six foot fence-nice for cookouts. This home is very close to Center City and many major forms of public transportation. Owner is a PA Licensed Realtor.

George Slawter
215-676-0863

gslawter's picture

Call or text George at 215-676-0863 if interested.
Thank you very much.

George Slawter
215-676-0863

gslawter's picture

Call or text George at 215-676-0863.
Thank you very much.

George Slawter
215-676-0863

not fishtown.

right down the street from me. definitely not fishtown.

not fishtown.

It's in ORCA, close enough.

I think you can call anything up to Lehigh Avenue "Fishtown". I'm a block north of York Street and I still tell people I live in Fishtown, although it's technically Old Richmond.

A. Jordan Rushie
Attorney and Counselor at Law
2424 East York Street, Suite 316
Philadelphia, PA 19125 215.385.LAW1 (5291)
Blog: www.phillylawblog.com
Website: www.fishtownlaw.com

Flat Iron. York to Lehigh, river to Frankford Avenue.
Live it, learn it.

Realtors will call anything from like 5th street to lehigh fishtown, that doesnt make it right. I usually tell people 'basically fishtown' if they don't actually know the area or explain that I am north of york if they do.

I would also like to point out that while I don't know that block in particular, I do enjoy living in flatiron/cione/portfishington/noyo/olderichmond/whatever and I think it is good enough to warrant having its name used instead of trying to fool people.

Anything but Port Fishington please.

jeffro's picture

Anything but Port Fishington please.

Where's the "Like" button on here? I once gave a Fishtown kid detention for using that word in my classroom.

Flat Iron. York to Lehigh, river to Frankford Avenue.
Live it, learn it.

Bingo.

FYI, gslawter, this isn't port richmond, either. it's old richmond.

"The neighborhood". That should cover it. Everyone happy?

Which neighborhood? :)

Which neighborhood? :)

THE neighborhood.

Which neighborhood? :)

THE neighborhood.

oh, of course.

jeffro's picture

It helps if ur posting about your rental, to post interiors of the property (or to the craigslist ad where the pictures are). Just sayin'.

meredith wrote:
FYI, gslawter, this isn't port richmond, either. it's old richmond.

Nobody calls it Old(e) Richmond.

It's Flat Iron (Flatiron). But few who live outside Flatiron(sp?) know where/what it is, so I just say Kensington, which is what Flatiron is clearly a part of.

So... we need to do something about that hideous sign that says "Port Richmond Village" over by the Thriftway.

Thud's picture

Do you allow pets? In particular, do you allow marsupials?

Thud Fishington
email me!

Sepviva Plantation or nothing.

if anyone is actually looking for a rental place, that's a pretty nice block.

meredith wrote:
FYI, gslawter, this isn't port richmond, either. it's old richmond.

Nobody calls it Old(e) Richmond.

i've never heard anyone but you and coder call it flatiron. the civic association is ORCA, so clearly some people call it old richmond...

I wish Ken Milano would come on here and post a Kenzo length diatribe about what that area should be called. I'll defer to that guy.

Thud's picture

I like the name ORCA. It reminds me of my favorite movie. Bo Derek can share my wheelchair any day!

Thud Fishington
email me!

actually, here's a ken milano explanation of some names: http://listsearches.rootsweb.com/th/read/PHILLY-ROOTS/2006-01/1138539282

That's only because you weren't here back in the day. Really, I'm not hallucinating.
Notice the teams and sponsors, many listed as Flat Iron
Also, I imagine its where these folks got the name

sara's picture

meredith wrote:
meredith wrote:
FYI, gslawter, this isn't port richmond, either. it's old richmond.

Nobody calls it Old(e) Richmond.

My aunt and uncle are lifers and call it Flatiron.

Yeah, I think I have seen that posted before. I was just wondering what (if any) historical significance Flatiron and Olde Richmond might have.

you should email ken. i'd be interested to know, as well.