House for Rent in the neighborhood

Forums:

Home for rent at 23XX E Harold St for $750 a month. Beautiful townhome on great block. Newer home except for the bricks, including all new wiring and mostly all new plumbing. Kitchen features plenty of new cabinets, plenty of counter space & new appliances which include refrigerator & range. Plenty of new windows in every room (except bathroom). Newer roof & newer vinyl siding in rear. Nice size bedrooms, newer electric, newer heater, newer radiators and 1-yr old carpets throughout are all part of this great home. Rear yard features six foot fence-nice for cookouts. This home is very close to Center City and many major forms of public transportation. Owner is a PA Licensed Realtor.

George Slawter
215-676-0863

gslawter's picture

Call or text George at 215-676-0863 if interested.
Thank you very much.

George Slawter
215-676-0863

gslawter's picture

Call or text George at 215-676-0863.
Thank you very much.

George Slawter
215-676-0863

stein's picture

not fishtown.

Ken Milano (before he went and edited this comment out to avoid the consequences of having wrote it) wrote:
I don’t have much sympathy for renters, for me, they are non citizens

meredith's picture

right down the street from me. definitely not fishtown.

“Try to learn to let what is unfair teach you.” – David Foster Wallace

Jordan's picture

stein wrote:
not fishtown.

It's in ORCA, close enough.

I think you can call anything up to Lehigh Avenue "Fishtown". I'm a block north of York Street and I still tell people I live in Fishtown, although it's technically Old Richmond.

A. Jordan Rushie
Attorney and Counselor at Law
2424 East York Street, Suite 316
Philadelphia, PA 19125 215.385.LAW1 (5291)
Blog: www.phillylawblog.com
Website: www.fishtownlaw.com

codergrrl's picture

Flat Iron. York to Lehigh, river to Frankford Avenue.
Live it, learn it.

"Je Suis Prest"

stein's picture

Realtors will call anything from like 5th street to lehigh fishtown, that doesnt make it right. I usually tell people 'basically fishtown' if they don't actually know the area or explain that I am north of york if they do.

I would also like to point out that while I don't know that block in particular, I do enjoy living in flatiron/cione/portfishington/noyo/olderichmond/whatever and I think it is good enough to warrant having its name used instead of trying to fool people.

Ken Milano (before he went and edited this comment out to avoid the consequences of having wrote it) wrote:
I don’t have much sympathy for renters, for me, they are non citizens

codergrrl's picture

Anything but Port Fishington please.

"Je Suis Prest"

jeffro's picture

codergrrl wrote:
Anything but Port Fishington please.

Where's the "Like" button on here? I once gave a Fishtown kid detention for using that word in my classroom.

Leo's picture

codergrrl wrote:
Flat Iron. York to Lehigh, river to Frankford Avenue.
Live it, learn it.

Bingo.

Mulvihill & Rushie LLC
The Fishtown Lawyers
Criminal Defense • Civil Trials
www.FishtownLaw.com
215.385.5291

meredith's picture

FYI, gslawter, this isn't port richmond, either. it's old richmond.

“Try to learn to let what is unfair teach you.” – David Foster Wallace

th's picture

"The neighborhood". That should cover it. Everyone happy?

You wanna dance? LET'S DANCE!

dan

Which neighborhood? :)

Godwin was basically a Nazi.

th's picture

dan wrote:
Which neighborhood? :)

THE neighborhood.

You wanna dance? LET'S DANCE!

dan

th wrote:
dan wrote:
Which neighborhood? :)

THE neighborhood.

oh, of course.

Godwin was basically a Nazi.

jeffro's picture

Kenzo's picture

It helps if ur posting about your rental, to post interiors of the property (or to the craigslist ad where the pictures are). Just sayin'.

On the advice of someone who probably queened-out, this signature has been deleted.

Kenzo's picture

meredith wrote:
FYI, gslawter, this isn't port richmond, either. it's old richmond.

Nobody calls it Old(e) Richmond.

It's Flat Iron (Flatiron). But few who live outside Flatiron(sp?) know where/what it is, so I just say Kensington, which is what Flatiron is clearly a part of.

So... we need to do something about that hideous sign that says "Port Richmond Village" over by the Thriftway.

On the advice of someone who probably queened-out, this signature has been deleted.

Thud's picture

Do you allow pets? In particular, do you allow marsupials?

Thud Fishington
email me!

bozoloper's picture

Sepviva Plantation or nothing.

if anyone is actually looking for a rental place, that's a pretty nice block.

there's a fool on every corner when you're trying to get home.

meredith's picture

Kenzo wrote:
meredith wrote:
FYI, gslawter, this isn't port richmond, either. it's old richmond.

Nobody calls it Old(e) Richmond.

It's Flat Iron (Flatiron). But few who live outside Flatiron(sp?) know where/what it is, so I just say Kensington, which is what Flatiron is clearly a part of.

So... we need to do something about that hideous sign that says "Port Richmond Village" over by the Thriftway.

i've never heard anyone but you and coder call it flatiron. the civic association is ORCA, so clearly some people call it old richmond...

“Try to learn to let what is unfair teach you.” – David Foster Wallace

jbette01's picture

I wish Ken Milano would come on here and post a Kenzo length diatribe about what that area should be called. I'll defer to that guy.

Thud's picture

I like the name ORCA. It reminds me of my favorite movie. Bo Derek can share my wheelchair any day!

Thud Fishington
email me!

bozoloper's picture

jbette01 wrote:
I wish Ken Milano would come on here and post a Kenzo length diatribe about what that area should be called. I'll defer to that guy.

actually, here's a ken milano explanation of some names: http://listsearches.rootsweb.com/th/read/PHILLY-ROOTS/2006-01/1138539282

there's a fool on every corner when you're trying to get home.

codergrrl's picture

That's only because you weren't here back in the day. Really, I'm not hallucinating.
Notice the teams and sponsors, many listed as Flat Iron
http://www.norristownsoftball.com/asaphillyHOF.html
http://bats.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/10/30/making-a-phillies-fan-always-imagining-you-were-a-phillie/
Also, I imagine its where these folks got the name

http://www.flatironwildcats.com/

"Je Suis Prest"

sara's picture

meredith wrote:
Kenzo wrote:
meredith wrote:
FYI, gslawter, this isn't port richmond, either. it's old richmond.

Nobody calls it Old(e) Richmond.

It's Flat Iron (Flatiron). But few who live outside Flatiron(sp?) know where/what it is, so I just say Kensington, which is what Flatiron is clearly a part of.

So... we need to do something about that hideous sign that says "Port Richmond Village" over by the Thriftway.

i've never heard anyone but you and coder call it flatiron. the civic association is ORCA, so clearly some people call it old richmond...

My aunt and uncle are lifers and call it Flatiron.

jbette01's picture

bozoloper wrote:
jbette01 wrote:
I wish Ken Milano would come on here and post a Kenzo length diatribe about what that area should be called. I'll defer to that guy.

actually, here's a ken milano explanation of some names: http://listsearches.rootsweb.com/th/read/PHILLY-ROOTS/2006-01/1138539282

Yeah, I think I have seen that posted before. I was just wondering what (if any) historical significance Flatiron and Olde Richmond might have.

bozoloper's picture

jbette01 wrote:
bozoloper wrote:
jbette01 wrote:
I wish Ken Milano would come on here and post a Kenzo length diatribe about what that area should be called. I'll defer to that guy.

actually, here's a ken milano explanation of some names: http://listsearches.rootsweb.com/th/read/PHILLY-ROOTS/2006-01/1138539282

Yeah, I think I have seen that posted before. I was just wondering what (if any) historical significance Flatiron and Olde Richmond might have.

you should email ken. i'd be interested to know, as well.

there's a fool on every corner when you're trying to get home.