Ginger is...

a root I can identify
41% (24 votes)
a root I can't identify
0% (0 votes)
something only snobs can identify
3% (2 votes)
none of your business
3% (2 votes)
an opportunity for neighborly conversation
0% (0 votes)
Fred's dancing partner
5% (3 votes)
overrated compared to MaryAnn
16% (9 votes)
probably the name of a missing cat
31% (18 votes)
Total votes: 58

Comments

The hair color of those born without souls.

A great doggie name?

Went with the cat, but do NOT mess with Tina Louise.

george wrote:

God, I hate that #$%^*.

- Lovey

.... my doggie.

Lauraska wrote:
God, I hate that #$%^*.

- Lovey

"Where do you think she gets the dough for all those gowns, dear?"

I actually prefer ginger all done for me like this: http://www.dorot.co.il/?CategoryID=27&ArticleID=35

Thats cool...I have ground ginger, but I'm sure its not the same.

Thats cool...I have ground ginger, but I'm sure its not the same.

It's really handy - but definitely hard to find.

Thats cool...I have ground ginger, but I'm sure its not the same.

Ugh. How...pedestrian.

- Lovey

Its getting ridiculous now, Laura.
Take the advice you once gave to me, and shut up already.

JedicusMaximus's picture

austen wrote:
Thats cool...I have ground ginger, but I'm sure its not the same.

It's really handy - but definitely hard to find.

I could be misremembering, but I believe I’ve seen frozen ginger cubes at Spring Garden Market. Though they were not an Italian brand.

Really? Thanks for the tip - I've been meaning to go there.

Its getting ridiculous now, Laura.
Take the advice you once gave to me, and shut up already.

Are we really taking the response of "that's so pedestrian" to a comment about ground ginger as a serious comment? Has nobody gotten their Valentine's chocolates yet? So much anger, people. So much anger.

Lauraska wrote:
Its getting ridiculous now, Laura.
Take the advice you once gave to me, and shut up already.

I think she did not see your signature as "Lovey" lovey!

JedicusMaximus wrote:
austen wrote:
Thats cool...I have ground ginger, but I'm sure its not the same.

It's really handy - but definitely hard to find.

I could be misremembering, but I believe I’ve seen s frozen ginger cubes at Spring Garden Market. Though they were not an Italian brand.

When I buy ginger root (yes it's a root...only us true snobs know that), I usually just buy a big piece and then peel it, throw it in the food processor, and then put it into ice cube trays. After a day or so I take the ginger cubes out of the tray and throw them in a freezer bag. Each ice cub spot yields about a TBSP and I usually have way more ginger than whatever the recipe calls for. I figure I'm usually gonna chop it up anyway, so might as well do it all at once.

Lauraska wrote:
JedicusMaximus wrote:
austen wrote:
Thats cool...I have ground ginger, but I'm sure its not the same.

It's really handy - but definitely hard to find.

I did that once- but I forgot to mark it and someone threw it away because it "looked gross"...lol

Lauraska wrote:
Its getting ridiculous now, Laura.
Take the advice you once gave to me, and shut up already.

Oh, I'm so sorry. You are correct, I didn't realize it was supposed to be funny. :)